'Maybe he will get assassinated this term!' Racist Woman, fired after threat to Obama

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
More proof boys and girls...

Denise Helms: Woman fired and reported to Secret Service after Facebook threat to President Obama | Mail Online

A racist 22-year-old woman has been fired from her job and reported to the Secret Service after writing on her Facebook page her hopes that President Obama is assassinated in his second term in office.

'And another 4 years of the n*****. Maybe he will get assassinated this term..!!' Denise Helms of Turlock, California wrote immediately after the president's re-election on Tuesday.

It didn't take long for her post to circulate, angering enough readers to report her to authorities who accuse her of threatening the president's life.

Not to nitpick, but she didn't actually threaten him. There is a difference between saying "Maybe he will be killed" and "I'm going to kill you." Not saying it makes anything much better. But if we are going to call her out on what she says, let's be honest about it.

She may well be racist, but she did not threaten the President, and therefore broke no laws. Wishing someone dead is clearly in poor taste, but is not illegal, even when said out loud.

Not to nitpick, but she didn't actually threaten him. There is a difference between saying "Maybe he will be killed" and "I'm going to kill you." Not saying it makes anything much better. But if we are going to call her out on what she says, let's be honest about it.

Picky, picky, picky!

Picky, picky, picky!
That's a very valid distinction.

One word can change the entire meaning of a sentence.

She may well be racist, but she did not threaten the President, and therefore broke no laws. Wishing someone dead is clearly in poor taste, but is not illegal, even when said out loud.

Typical r-wing extremist cop-out reasoning. Thus, you are enabling her racist assassination death wish for Obama. Carry on.

Forum List

Back