Maybe Clark, Maybe Dems In General

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
What a sad primary group:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=9286_EU_Constitution_Talks_Collapse

In the land of chocolate poodles, talks to ratify a constitution for the European Union have dissolved amid cat-fighting and recriminations. These are the people to whom Wesley Clark would give “right of first refusal”(JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T WANT TO CHECK OUT LINKS):

CLARK: Well, if I were president right now, I would be doing things that George Bush can’t do right now, because he’s already compromised those international bridges. I would go to Europe and I would build a new Atlantic charter. I would say to the Europeans, you know, we’ve had our differences over the years, but we need you. The real foundation for peace and stability in the world is the transatlantic alliance. And I would say to the Europeans, I pledge to you as the American president that we’ll consult with you first. You get the right of first refusal on the security concerns that we have. We’ll bring you in.)
over matters of US national security: European Union Constitution Talks Fold.

BRUSSELS, Belgium - The European Union’s effort to seal its first-ever constitution collapsed Saturday, diplomats said, after leaders could not agree on the best way to divvy power once the bloc adds 10 new members next year.

The key stumbling block was a proposal to scrap a voting system that was accepted in 2000 and gave Spain and newcomer Poland almost as many votes as Germany, which has twice as many people as either. Talks will be taken up again in 2004.

Despite last-ditch arm-twisting over new proposals, “it became apparent ... an agreement would be impossible,” an EU official said on condition of anonymity.

Forum List

Back