May Jobs Report Prooves That Austerity Doesn't Work!

All of the concern about tax increases belies the fact that there was no time in history when raising taxes hurt the economy. If you know of a case where tax increases raised unemployment, let me know. I can't find one.
Recent cases of tax decreases:
Reagan, 1981 - Huge tax decrease led to unemployment going from about 7% to over 10.5% in the following year or so, 11 tax increases and unprecidented borrowing (more than all the presidents previous since the first and tripling of the national debt) and resulting spending to stimulate the economy).
Bush GW - Though he spent like a drunken sailor and increased the national debt by more than any other president, we ended up with the worst economic recession since 1929.

If you are trying to blame tax increases for the economic malaise we are now in, consider that by all govt. stats, all income levels are paying less taxes than some time in the very early 1950's.

The key to getting the economy cooking is increased demand, along with incentives to produce in the US. That is only going to happen with stimulus spending. Believe in what Reagan's economists did when the great tax decrease plan went south. Spend to get things moving, then back off when things get better.

The key to getting the economy cooking is increased demand, Believe in what Reagan's economists did when the great tax decrease plan went south. Spend to get things moving, then back off when things get better.

dear, stimulating demand in housing caused the current depression. What planet have you been living on????

We need to follow Germany's austerity. Did you think the Girl Scouts made them the richest country in Europe.

See why we are 100% positive a liberal will be slow, very slow?

I'm not real sure about any of this...so...whatever Paul Krugman says :thup:

All of the concern about tax increases belies the fact that there was no time in history when raising taxes hurt the economy. If you know of a case where tax increases raised unemployment, .

too stupid and perfectly liberal!!!!OMG!!!
Dear, if liberals steal or tax $1000 from you that's $1000 you cant spend at the local store. Does that help or hurt the local store??? Does it make them employ more or less people?? Simple enough for you??

Why not ask your Mom or teachers to help you understand it??

Forum List

Back