May Be Legal, Maybe Not, But I'm PISSED!!!

Pale, you should intimidate him without letting him know it is associated with your garage. Just put a note on the car saying, "If you ever park in this neighborhood again your tires will be deflated." That should work.

Deflated? That's so gansta. I'd be intimidated. :laugh:

When I left Wisconsin to come out west here in late 2001, I sold my two story house with a 1/3 acre lot. I had bought that place for a pittance because of it's dilapidated condition. Owning my own home maintenace business though, I put a lot of money and effort into it and made it into something. But, what I sold it for hardly makes a decent down payment on a house in Reno. Shit, the AVERAGE home price here is $417,000.00!

I'd more than gladly mow my own lawn again. Apartment life is getting old, and house hunting is getting closer and closer.

That's nuts. I like to watch HGTV shows like House Hunters and Designed to Sell and other shows on TLC and A&E like Flip This House and it AMAZES me what the values of houses are. They'll say "other houses in the area sell for between $600,000 and $700,000" Yikes! How can anybody afford a house that expensive?

I paid $228,000 for my house, I put $110,000 into it, and my mortage is $1700 a month now. That's a lot. I don't know how anybody can afford a $400,000 house.

When I left Wisconsin to come out west here in late 2001, I sold my two story house with a 1/3 acre lot. I had bought that place for a pittance because of it's dilapidated condition. Owning my own home maintenace business though, I put a lot of money and effort into it and made it into something. But, what I sold it for hardly makes a decent down payment on a house in Reno. Shit, the AVERAGE home price here is $417,000.00!

I'd more than gladly mow my own lawn again. Apartment life is getting old, and house hunting is getting closer and closer.

well, there's a really nice rambler a few blocks from me that just lowered their asking price ... I think they're asking something like $215k...

That's nuts. I like to watch HGTV shows like House Hunters and Designed to Sell and other shows on TLC and A&E like Flip This House and it AMAZES me what the values of houses are. They'll say "other houses in the area sell for between $600,000 and $700,000" Yikes! How can anybody afford a house that expensive?

I paid $228,000 for my house, I put $110,000 into it, and my mortage is $1700 a month now. That's a lot. I don't know how anybody can afford a $400,000 house.

You got a hell of a deal on yer mortgage rate if you’re only paying $1700 on $338,000. Or your gonna get screwed. Is that P&I only?

You got a hell of a deal on yer mortgage rate if you’re only paying $1700 on $338,000. Or your gonna get screwed. Is that P&I only?

No, my mortage balance isn't that high. I sold my house in Rhode Island for $90,000 more than I paid for it so I put all but $36,000 of that profit into this house. I refinanced after the renovations and my balance is now $245,000 at 5.85%. I just looked I my statement. I can't believe it's October 1 already. I don't have a PMI but I do have escrow with taxes and insurance. The escrow is $293 a month. My monthly payment is $1759.

For the next 29 years..............

I can't afford a $400,000 home either. Not alone anyway. If I met a good woman that made at least as much as I do, maybe we could shop close to that price range together as D-I-N-K. As it is now, I'll have to look at $250,000 homes and under. They're called "fixe'r upr's" here. :(

No, my mortage balance isn't that high. I sold my house in Rhode Island for $90,000 more than I paid for it so I put all but $36,000 of that profit into this house. I refinanced after the renovations and my balance is now $245,000 at 5.85%. I just looked I my statement. I can't believe it's October 1 already. I don't have a PMI but I do have escrow with taxes and insurance. The escrow is $293 a month. My monthly payment is $1759.

For the next 29 years..............

Wow!:eek2:

We have doublewides here for bout $40k or so, and it doesn't snow much either.
Oh, and there is a Harley dealer here too!

Thanks but no thanks Mr. P. This little high sierra, outlaw, gambling town is my home. There's more pros than cons to living here.

New Topics

Forum List

Back