May 20th, 2012, save the date and time......

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Depending on your time zone, as well as depending on where you're at in the western United States on that date, you may wish to take some time in the evening (again, depending on where you're at) and enjoy a total Lunar Eclipse, complete with shadow bands and if you're in the path of totality, a chance to glimpse what is called the "diamond ring".

It's supposed to make landfall somewhere in the Northwest, on the border between Oregon and Washington, and then make a downward curve going through Albequerque NM, and ending at Lubbock Texas.

If you have a chance to see it, you may wish to take some time and check to see where you're going to be at in relation to the path of totality.

Trust me..................I saw a full one when I was in 7th grade up in Montana, and have never forgotten the experience. I consider myself truly blessed to be able to see 2 complete ones in my lifetime.

I've been watching lunar eclipses with my daughters since they were babies. I used to tell them it was a giant cookie and someone was taking a bite out of it.lol Of course the cookie magically becomes whole again. lol

I've only see once once before, but man was it cool.

Watching big shadow bands race across the ground was kinda eerie.

I've been watching lunar eclipses with my daughters since they were babies. I used to tell them it was a giant cookie and someone was taking a bite out of it.lol Of course the cookie magically becomes whole again. lol

nice fish that chick in your Avi is holding up.....:eusa_angel:

Depending on your time zone, as well as depending on where you're at in the western United States on that date, you may wish to take some time in the evening (again, depending on where you're at) and enjoy a total Lunar Eclipse, complete with shadow bands and if you're in the path of totality, a chance to glimpse what is called the "diamond ring".

Link? It looks to me like it is going to be a solar eclipse.

Annular solar eclipse of 2012 May 20

Link? It looks to me like it is going to be a solar eclipse.

Annular solar eclipse of 2012 May 20

Ha!....so in the back of my mind I did remember it right.....the dragon swallows the sun..:lol:

Forum List

Back