May 1st...Gringo protest day!

Pale Rider said:
Yesterday a friend and I went over to Burger King for lunch. What was a mexican work force behind the counter, was now ALL WHITE! I suppose they all walked out and got fired. Same thing up the street at the Wendy's. What used to be all mexicans working there, now all whites. Nice to see, at least now I can fucking understand them when they're taking my order.

Wow Pale. Do you mean to tell me that there are Americans willing to take these jobs? Weren't we told that illegals were doing jobs no one else wanted?
:rolleyes:

Abbey Normal said:
Wow Pale. Do you mean to tell me that there are Americans willing to take these jobs? Weren't we told that illegals were doing jobs no one else wanted?

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That was great, you got any more, Abbey?

Abbey Normal said:

Great point Ab. Kind of shoots the hell out of that "jobs Americans won't do" theory. :thup:

Pale Rider said:
Oh yes... our warm and fuzzy, kuddly, kind, lovable little group of illegals alliens are so good for us all, we should all have a big group hug for the illegals and sing kumbaya...

The losers who perpertrated 9-11 were in the country legally...

It's not that Americans won't do the work, they just don't want to live 5 families in an apartment for the crappy wages. I would enjoy cutting fairways at a nice golf course but not for the pathetic amount of money Mexicans will do it for. Having a first world economy next to a fourth world economy makes it very important to enforce our laws. The Mexican culture is so different than ours, I have known enouph people from Mexico realize this. If you are a Mexican woman, the more kids you have the more worth you have. If you are a Mexican man it's the amount of kids that make you a macho guy.

The use of the term immigrant is such a slap in the face to all of our ancestors who came here to start and maintain a new country. The major difference is the new "immigrants" aren't here to become Americans or to make America a better place, they are here to take advantage of America's wealth and to transfer that money to the country they really have an allegiance to. Screw them, they are ruining our.. country, the few positives they bring are heavily overshadowed by the negatives.

I mowed lawns as a kid, kept me busy and I learned about entrepreneurial spirt. I then went on to work at golf courses cutting greens and fairways but was soon underbid by the new wave of semi-slave laborers from Mexico. The kids and retiries could do these jobs if the pay was reasonable but I have seen payday and the Mexicans that work on the course line up and are payed in cash.

I am constantly amazed at the same people always enterpreting events the oppsite way of people like myself. I have noticed that they tend to be very consistently childlike in their lack of understanding of the real world. The most obvious are the fogged up brains of the bumper sticker mentality that says "make love not war", how beyond naive do you have to be to recite such a dumbass sentimentality.

I was told the other night that there was a email circulating that asked that Americans wear red or blue monday and spend a lot of money to protest the boycotters that are suppose to dress in white and avoid any purchases.

This is probably good analysis:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110008315

JOHN FUND ON THE TRAIL

Contra la Agenda del Boicoteo
Not all immigration advocates support today's protest.

Monday, May 1, 2006 12:01 a.m. EDT

Among those opposed to tough immigration enforcement, a split has developed over today's national boycott of schools and jobs. Rallies are scheduled in 68 cities.

Nationally syndicated Spanish-language radio disk jockeys put aside their egos and joined forces to promote the giant March rallies against the House bill that would have declared anyone in this country illegally a felon. Now, however, several are downplaying or throwing cold water on the idea of a boycott to show the economic power of immigrants.

Renan Almendarez Coello, known as "El Cucuy" ("The Boogeyman"), is a nationally syndicated phenomenon carried on stations ranging from Los Angeles to Denver, Dallas and Chicago. He notes that in Los Angeles, six of the top 12 stations are Spanish-language, and many immigrants get their information from radio. They form a much deeper bond with their favorite radio hosts than English-language listeners do.

"El Cucuy" told his listeners last Friday that they should make up their own minds on whether or not to join the boycott, but he said he feared that "political opportunists" were using it for their own advantage. His show played the music to "The Star-Spangled Banner" three times on Friday, and declined to air the words of a new Spanish-language version. "We came to the United States to work," he says of his fellow immigrants. "If we're struggling for dignity, we have to struggle in a dignified way. That means go to work and go to school."

Some callers to Spanish-language radio say they worry about intimidation if they work "gringo" today. "They don't want to deal with the headache of showing up for work and having fingers pointed at them," Sam Pena, a city councilman from Maywood, a heavily Hispanic Los Angeles suburb, told the Los Angeles Times.

Another radio host, Eddie Sotelo, known as "El Piolin" ("Tweety Bird"), also isn't telling listeners what they should do. He vividly recalls that early in his career a competitor alerted immigration authorities that he was in the country illegally; he was arrested outside the studio. A judge at his deportation hearing listened to his story and arranged for a work permit instead. Today, he bristles at suggestions that Univision, his employer, has told its hosts not to mention the boycott. "Nobody is telling me what to do," he says, and he has devoted extensive airtime to the issue, largely to advocates of the boycott.

But some of those boycott advocates appear to have a broader agenda than fighting measures cracking down on illegal immigration. On Thursday, the Democratic-controlled California Senate, by a vote of 24-13, pushed through a resolution recognizing the nationwide protest and calling for granting legal residency to many illegals. "We are a nation of ever-changing laws," declared state Sen. Gil Cedillo. "Slavery. It was wrong. We changed that law." Mr. Cedillo urged his colleagues to recognize the country's "tradition of social change."

Nativo Lopez, president of the Mexican American Political Association, insists the "Great American Boycott" will go on. His group has passed out flyers promoting the event and calling for "immediate legalization without conditions." He opposes guest-worker programs supported by President Bush and Sen. John McCain, calling them an infringement on the rights of those who want to come to America.

But Mr. Lopez has a colorful history that calls into question his bona fides as a self-appointed spokesman for Hispanics. He has long been known as the Al Sharpton of Southern California for his ethnic demagogy. In a 2003 recall election, voters ousted him as a member of the school board in Santa Ana, the most heavily Hispanic city in America, mostly because he pressured parents to demand bilingual education for their children.

In 1998, 61% of Californians voted for Proposition 227, which mandated that English be the primary language taught in public schools. (School districts that have followed Proposition 227's mandate have seen test scores rise for immigrant children.) But Mr. Lopez was hoping to pressure enough parents into defying the referendum so as to render it unenforceable in Santa Ana. The entire Santa Ana City Council, which has a Latino majority, supported the Lopez recall. Beatriz Salas, who immigrated from Mexico 20 years ago, says she was appalled when she and other parents attended a meeting with Mr. Lopez in 1999, where he admitted that his goal was to make Spanish the primary language in California.

In the end, the people of Santa Ana ignored the Latino power structure that stood by Mr. Lopez. He was recalled by a resounding 71% vote. He lost every precinct in a city where almost three-fourths of the residents speak Spanish at home. Having been rebuffed in his hometown, he has now piggybacked on the boycott movement, taking advantage of the fact that most other Hispanic leaders are shying away from it.

Even Mexico, which has long championed the rights of its citizens in the U.S., is worried the boycott has gotten out of hand. Last week, President Vicente Fox flew more than 30 immigrant activists from the U.S. to Mexico City. While officially the activists were told the Fox government takes no position on the boycott, privately they were warned that it could strain relations between the two countries.

It's now almost a given that no matter how large today's boycott is, it will damage any prospects of a sensible immigration bill this year. Rep. Richard Pombo, a California Republican who represents many Central Valley farmers who are desperate for guest workers, warns that the boycott is threatening to polarize the debate. He told San Francisco Chronicle columnist Debra Saunders that the presence of many Mexican and Central American flags at the March rallies by immigrants "really politicized the whole issue. It took away any hope we have of having a workable policy."

The boycott may also have political consequences. Peter Brown, the assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute, warns that those who want today's "general strike to pressure Congress in their direction will (find it is) a bust." He points to a survey he took in Florida last month that found that 38% of voters were less sympathetic to the cause of immigrants following the mass March rallies, versus only 17% who were more likely to support their goals. "General strikes are not a U.S. tradition, as in many countries in Latin America and Europe," he says. "The May 1 protesters will get headlines. Whether they get results is the bigger question."

That's why sensible supporters of immigration, such as many of the Spanish-language radio hosts, are stepping back from embracing the boycott. Many of them realize that boycott advocates are also pushing other agendas behind the scenes, and not all of them would help America remain united behind common purposes--a goal most immigrants to this country have historically embraced as part of the American Dream.

The whole argument that illegals do the work that no one else wants is somewhat specious.

If no one is willing to work for $1 an hour, then employers will be forced to pay higher wages. That's the law of supply and demand.

Now, wait a minute!!!!, wait a minute!!!! stop the music! stop the music!!!!!

Aren't the Lefties the ones who are always talking about how corporations "exploit" workers in the Third World by "forcing" them to work in sweatshops and paying them "substandard" wages? Remember Katie Lee Gifford's scrape with that whole thing back in the early 1990s?

And isn't the Left always talking about "the living wage"?

So what gives? It's now acceptable for illegal aliens to be working in sweatshops and working for substandard wages? Oh, it's not the evil "corporations" doing it, so it must be OK. Or else, it's just another chance for the Left to strike a "holier-than-thou" pose in front of a camera and look down their noses at the rest of us.

It seems to me, ladies and germs, that we have yet another case of Left Wing Hypocrisy on our hands!

KarlMarx said:
The whole argument that illegals do the work that no one else wants is somewhat specious.

If no one is willing to work for $1 an hour, then employers will be forced to pay higher wages. That's the law of supply and demand.

Now, wait a minute!!!!, wait a minute!!!! stop the music! stop the music!!!!!

Aren't the Lefties the ones who are always talking about how corporations "exploit" workers in the Third World by "forcing" them to work in sweatshops and paying them "substandard" wages? Remember Katie Lee Gifford's scrape with that whole thing back in the early 1990s?

And isn't the Left always talking about "the living wage"?

So what gives? It's now acceptable for illegal aliens to be working in sweatshops and working for substandard wages? Oh, it's not the evil "corporations" doing it, so it must be OK. Or else, it's just another chance for the Left to strike a "holier-than-thou" pose in front of a camera and look down their noses at the rest of us.

It seems to me, ladies and germs, that we have yet another case of Left Wing Hypocrisy on our hands!

Brilliantly argued, Karl. Good Job! :thup:

archangel said:
Ahh the day of recconing is almost upon us...The illegals are taking to the streets...no work,no school,no buying US products...
So I am taking it to the streets starting on Sunday...No going to church(Catholic) to protest the churches nonsense...On monday I am going shopping,I usually shop on the 1st for a two week supply of groceries...this 1st I am going to shop for a month and only buy products that I can verify are US products...I would go to work...but sigh, I am retired...so I am putting my boat up for sale to protest the high fuel prices...this weekend I am going to the moto-cross races in town and watch the kids have fun and take some spills...My grandaughters boyfriend is in the races...so I will buy em coca colas till they bloat and hot dogs galore... May 5th(Cico de mayo I will stay home) thats about all I can do to protest...but it twill be fun! :mm:

side note: I will only buy and drink US beer this fine and sunny weekend forward!

Hell, I wish they'd "protest" FIVE DAYS A WEEK. It was SO nice breezing to work without the 20-30 years old trucks belching smoke and moving at 45 MPH in the fast lane on the interstate. Cut 10 minutes off my drive time.

Stay home tomorrow too.

What happens when illegal aliens become US citizens as far as their employment goes? Do they keep working, or do they figure out that now they can coast like so many of our indiginet dirtbags, do they become eligible for un-employment when they qualify for prevailing wages (and out price themselves)?

Honest question. I am not saying that it will happen, but has it, and if so, to what extent??

We have plenty of shitheads living off of society that have never contributed to our culture, in a positive way already. Do we need more of the same, potentialy??

To clarify; I like most of the immigrants from South America. However, I do not support free and open borders. Nor do I believe it was in the immigrant's best interest to thumb their collective noses at US immigration laws today.

Working Man said:
What happens when illegal aliens become US citizens as far as their employment goes? Do they keep working, or do they figure out that now they can coast like so many of our indiginet dirtbags, do they become eligible for un-employment when they qualify for prevailing wages (and out price themselves)?

Honest question. I am not saying that it will happen, but has it, and if so, to what extent??

We have plenty of shitheads living off of society that have never contributed to our culture, in a positive way already. Do we need more of the same, potentialy??

To clarify; I like most of the immigrants from South America. However, I do not support free and open borders. Nor do I believe it was in the immigrant's best interest to thumb their collective noses at US immigration laws today.

You are touching an area I have already made on more than one occasion; yet, no pro-"make 'em all legal's" have an answer for.

Make them legal. They have to pay taxes. They obviously can't pay taxes at their current wage rate AND subsist, so what happens? We absorb the current ones, they all get raises to meet the cost of living under the new circumstance of being forced to support the social infrastructure, and next week a couple million MORE illegals replace them at their lower-paying jobs.

At some point someone with a spine just has to say "enough," and "no." Might as well be now.

GunnyL said:
You are touching an area I have already made on more than one occasion; yet, no pro-"make 'em all legal's" have an answer for.

Make them legal. They have to pay taxes. They obviously can't pay taxes at their current wage rate AND subsist, so what happens? We absorb the current ones, they all get raises to meet the cost of living under the new circumstance of being forced to support the social infrastructure, and next week a couple million MORE illegals replace them at their lower-paying jobs.

At some point someone with a spine just has to say "enough," and "no." Might as well be now.

You said exactly what I thought I forgot in the previous post,,, it is going to be a catch 22. Nobody wins, but the quality of life in this country is heading for the toilet.,

There will probably be no shortage of people who actually have less than the ones who THINK they have less, and that already live here sponging off the rest of us..

We already have multiple generations of people who don't do squat and expect to be paid more than they are worth just because of their shitty childhood, or for some other reason that they blame on "the man".

Armeggedon must be closer than I thought. I can not believe all this crap is hitting us all at once. Energy, jobs, oil, terrorism, and and now an onslaught of people who have been given a line of crap to snort,, that makes them feel that they have the right to ignore my rights.

The more I think about it, the patriot volunteers who guard our boundries are heros.

BATMAN said:
Well, May 1 is nearly over.

¿Los manifestantes lograron cualquier cosa?
I was listening to a station out of Los Angeles at work. The radio announcer thought the situation was great. He said that the traffic to work was great and then wondered aloud if the illegals couldn't do it again the next day.

He also brought up a good point....

The illegals can claim they're marching for their rights and all, but what they really want is amnesty. Amnesty for breaking our laws.

BATMAN said:
Well, May 1 is nearly over.

¿Los manifestantes lograron cualquier cosa?

I am not too good at this, so please be patient.

Uh humm... A donde es las mujeres con tetas lindas??

It that right?

Working Man said:
You said exactly what I thought I forgot in the previous post,,, it is going to be a catch 22. Nobody wins, but the quality of life in this country is heading for the toilet.,

There will probably be no shortage of people who actually have less than the ones who THINK they have less, and that already live here sponging off the rest of us..

We already have multiple generations of people who don't do squat and expect to be paid more than they are worth just because of their shitty childhood, or for some other reason that they blame on "the man".

Armeggedon must be closer than I thought. I can not believe all this crap is hitting us all at once. Energy, jobs, oil, terrorism, and and now an onslaught of people who have been given a line of crap to snort,, that makes them feel that they have the right to ignore my rights.

The more I think about it, the patriot volunteers who guard our boundries are heros.

It doesn't HAVE to be a "catch 22", if only the pissbags in Washington, and this time I mean ALL of them, dem and repub alike, listened to the people, the LEGAL people, of America, and enforced the laws we already have.

Kick the sons a bitchin wetbacks out, build the fence, and fine the damn bottoms out of the pockets of businesses that hire illegals.

Problem solved, and for the BETTER of America.

The dems are looking for a new voting block, and the repub's don't want to look like racists. What a fucking sorry ass bunch of political whores.

Forum List

Back