Maxine Waters: Voting Against Sharia Law Is GOP Fear Mongering, Bigotry

here's another 'creep' example for ya...

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."
- US President Barack Obama, speech to the UN, 25 Sept 2012.
How is that an example of "creeping sharia"?

What criminal penalties should be attached for slandering the Prophet of Islam? A fine? Prison? Death?

Who is suggesting any criminal penalties for slandering the Prophet of Islam?

Do we need a law to prevent US courts from using Martian law also?

How about Zoroastrian Law? Does that need to be banned as well?

Has anyone suggested using Martian law? Are other Western nations adopting Martian law? Have you considered thinking this through?

Who has suggested that we use sharia law? What other Western nations have adopted Sharia law?

Are YOU thinking this through?

Who is suggesting any criminal penalties for slandering the Prophet of Islam?

Reading comprehension is a challenge for you, yes?

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."
- US President Barack Obama, speech to the UN, 25 Sept 2012.

Umm...

I don't see anything about "criminal penalties" there.

Please, show me a quote from Maxine Waters suggesting we adopt "sharia law" into our legal system.

And don't link to that stupid "Godfather Politics" article. There's no quote in it, just nonsense.

Seriously dude;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xiKudoZhXc]Islamic Society of Orange County Town Hall, Sharia and the Constitution - Waters - YouTube[/ame]

Who has suggested that we use sharia law? What other Western nations have adopted Sharia law?

How much dope DO you smoke a day? Seriously?

{Islamic law has been officially adopted in Britain, with sharia courts given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases.

The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence.

Rulings issued by a network of five sharia courts are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through county courts or the country's High Court, a part of its Supreme Court system.}

Britain Adopts Islamic Law, Gives Sharia Courts Full Power to Rule on Civil Cases | Fox News

Yes, but I don't smoke dope.

Please, show me a quote from Maxine Waters suggesting we adopt "sharia law" into our legal system.

And don't link to that stupid "Godfather Politics" article. There's no quote in it, just nonsense.

Seriously dude;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xiKudoZhXc]Islamic Society of Orange County Town Hall, Sharia and the Constitution - Waters - YouTube[/ame]

I've watched the video. Apparently you have not.

Maxine Waters does not, in any way, suggest that we should adopt sharia law into our legal system.

How much dope DO you smoke a day? Seriously?

{Islamic law has been officially adopted in Britain, with sharia courts given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases.

The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence.

Rulings issued by a network of five sharia courts are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through county courts or the country's High Court, a part of its Supreme Court system.}

Britain Adopts Islamic Law, Gives Sharia Courts Full Power to Rule on Civil Cases | Fox News

Yes, but I don't smoke dope.

Oh, you're talking about civil arbitration? So what? Why do you care how others make civil decisions? As long as both parties want a sharia court to decide, why not?

And why do you keep talking about "sharia" criminal law then?

What Democrats "support" Sharia law?

California Politicians and Law Enforcement Support Sharia Law

U.S. Rep Maxine Waters (D-CA) urged the people and officials to support and embrace Sharia Law...
Another California politician that came out in support of Sharia Law was U.S. Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-CA) ...
In addition to Waters and Sanchez, I was surprised to see Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca and Deputy Chief of the Los Angeles Police Department Michael Downing also come out and urge support of Sharia Law...
Read more: California Politicians and Law Enforcement Support Sharia Law

Your google broken?

Sorry, but I'm not going to take "Godfather Politics"' word for it.

I've seen the video. Maxine Waters in NO WAY has suggested basing any laws on Sharia law.

You guys don't seem to understand that NOT being hysterical about "creeping sharia" isn't the same thing as "supporting sharia law".
Then I doubt you'll beleive anything other than what you can convince yourself of.
FOUSESQUAWK: Town Hall at Islamic Center of Orange County

California Politicians and Law Enforcement Support Sharia Law

U.S. Rep Maxine Waters (D-CA) urged the people and officials to support and embrace Sharia Law...
Another California politician that came out in support of Sharia Law was U.S. Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-CA) ...
In addition to Waters and Sanchez, I was surprised to see Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca and Deputy Chief of the Los Angeles Police Department Michael Downing also come out and urge support of Sharia Law...
Read more: California Politicians and Law Enforcement Support Sharia Law

Your google broken?

I've seen the video. Maxine Waters in NO WAY has suggested basing any laws on Sharia law.

You guys don't seem to understand that NOT being hysterical about "creeping sharia" isn't the same thing as "supporting sharia law".
Then I doubt you'll beleive anything other than what you can convince yourself of.
You don't get it, do you?

Posting opinions of other morons on the internet isn't going to change anything.

Provide a actual quote of Maxine Waters suggesting that we base any of our laws on sharia law, then we'll talk.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDLjTFGjQ4k]Brigitte Gabriel Reports On Radical Shariah Law Inside America On The Savage Nation - YouTube[/ame]

7 pages of Republican BS, and still not a single quote from any Democrat suggesting we adopt Sharia law.

And the quote from Obama was nothing more than him stating disapproval with people who slander an entire religion, but nothing suggesting criminal penalties for it.

Posting opinions of other morons on the internet isn't going to change anything.

Provide a actual quote of Maxine Waters suggesting that we base any of our laws on sharia law, then we'll talk.

I have twice now. Your selective beliefs is your personal problem, not mine.

FOUSESQUAWK: February Town Hall at Islamic Center of Orange County Videos

It's really just a matter of using your head. They have an agenda, we all do. You either agree or disagree. To me the constitution and sharia law are not compatable.

I have twice now. Your selective beliefs is your personal problem, not mine.

FOUSESQUAWK: February Town Hall at Islamic Center of Orange County Videos

It's really just a matter of using your head. They have an agenda, we all do. You either agree or disagree. To me the constitution and sharia law are not compatable.

No, you've linked to two blogs that claim Maxine Waters "supports" sharia law - but neither of them include a quote from her to back that up, or anything to support that claim.

Neither does the video that's been posted repeatedly.

Oh, you're talking about civil arbitration? So what? Why do you care how others make civil decisions? As long as both parties want a sharia court to decide, why not?

{A court is a form of tribunal, often a governmental institution, with the authority to adjudicate legal disputes between parties and carry out the administration of justice in civil, criminal, and administrative matters in accordance with the rule of law.[1] In both common law and civil law legal systems, courts are the central means for dispute resolution, and it is generally understood that all persons have an ability to bring their claims before a court. Similarly, the rights of those accused of a crime include the right to present a defense before a court.}

Court - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This ain't "arbitration" sparky, but a legal system adopted based on theocracy. Europe is well on the way to replacing common law with Sharia, I'm not willing to allow the morons of the left to do the same here.

I've watched the video. Apparently you have not.

Maxine Waters does not, in any way, suggest that we should adopt sharia law into our legal system.

OH? She just states that opposition to Sharia is "bigotry" and Sharia is compatible with our Constitution?

Come off it.

You guys really seem to be having trouble with the English language.

Not being hysterically afraid of something isn't the same as "supporting" it.

{A court is a form of tribunal, often a governmental institution, with the authority to adjudicate legal disputes between parties and carry out the administration of justice in civil, criminal, and administrative matters in accordance with the rule of law.[1] In both common law and civil law legal systems, courts are the central means for dispute resolution, and it is generally understood that all persons have an ability to bring their claims before a court. Similarly, the rights of those accused of a crime include the right to present a defense before a court.}

Court - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This ain't "arbitration" sparky, but a legal system adopted based on theocracy. Europe is well on the way to replacing common law with Sharia, I'm not willing to allow the morons of the left to do the same here.

A completely voluntary legal system - otherwise known in the US as "binding arbitration".

Do you get just as outraged over Beth Din courts? They've existed in NY for a hundred years.

You guys really seem to be having trouble with the English language.

English we do fine with. Obfuscation and bullshit is another story.

Waters is a hack, who attacked those who expressed opposition to Sharia. This is tacit support, as you well know. Just as one who comes out and claims "there is nothing incompatible with rape and women's rights" is tacitly supporting rape, regardless of whether the directly called for more rapes.

You are attempting to obfuscate through parsing, since you know that your position is indefensible. Waters said what she said, you saw it. She is pandering to the "Prison Muslims" that are common in her district.

Not being hysterically afraid of something isn't the same as "supporting" it.

Claiming that theocratic dictatorship is "compatible with the constitution" is more than stupid, it's insane. (Of course if she gets her way, she won't be able to leave her house unless accompanied by her husband.)

Forum List

Back