Maverick GOP Mayor In W Virginia May Deny Bush An Electoral Vote

Damn Nato, and I thought you were different. John Kerry's lies about vets are well documented in video and congressional records. Some of the people in Kerry's vets against the war group from way back have been proven to be frauds, their stories lies.

Still you stick your head in the sand.

I AM A VN VET!!!!

Do you know what makes me furious? What makes me furious is the fact that here we are 30+ years after my return to CONUS and there are STILL implications that I was a baby killer, committed atrocities, etc. What really rubs salt in the wound is that a lot of that stuff is being used by one of the people who spouted that crap in the first place to further his political career.
I dont care about who did what 35 years ago. I dont care that some got medals and some didn't. I dont care if someone was active duty, National Guard or Peace Corps.

What I DO care about is what is happening now and what will happen in the near future. I care about how the United States of America is going to handle the future. I care about how my grandchildren are going to have to live. All of that makes me VERY interested in what kind of person is going to occupy the White house in the next 4 years. It matters to me if we have a person of integrity, a person who will take a stand and stick by it, a person who is more interested in what is good for the country than what is good for his personal standing in politics.

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now.

CSM said:
I AM A VN VET!!!!

Do you know what makes me furious? What makes me furious is the fact that here we are 30+ years after my return to CONUS and there are STILL implications that I was a baby killer, committed atrocities, etc. What really rubs salt in the wound is that a lot of that stuff is being used by one of the people who spouted that crap in the first place to further his political career.
I dont care about who did what 35 years ago. I dont care that some got medals and some didn't. I dont care if someone was active duty, National Guard or Peace Corps.

What I DO care about is what is happening now and what will happen in the near future. I care about how the United States of America is going to handle the future. I care about how my grandchildren are going to have to live. All of that makes me VERY interested in what kind of person is going to occupy the White house in the next 4 years. It matters to me if we have a person of integrity, a person who will take a stand and stick by it, a person who is more interested in what is good for the country than what is good for his personal standing in politics.

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

NATO AIR said:
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040829_603.htmlTROY, Ohio Aug. 29, 2004 — President Bush said opponent John Kerry's service was "more heroic" than his during Vietnam, in an interview shown Saturday on NBC News.

who is lying, pres. bush or the swift boat liars?

You're going to have to decide which way you're going to go with this. In your original post, you said the Bush campaign was behind the smears on Kerry, now you use a Bush quote saying just the opposite to make a point. The Swift Boat Vets and the Bush campaign are NOT one in the same. There are far more direct connections between MoveOn.org and the Kerry camp than there are here.

The argument between the swift boat vets and Kerry comes down to their word against his. Nobody really know the truth except the people who were there, and they were all there. All I can say is enough has been proven about Kerry to make me wonder. He's had to change his story about Cambodia and the question about one of his wounds has been brought up by his own people. As I've said before, take a look at the book "Tour of Duty". In John Kerry's own words, he contradicts some of the things he now says.

well i'll be open here

show me (provide me with links you think are proper, there's all kinds of sources on the internet and i am not sure which are correct and which are just bash kerry w/ opinions (Not evidence) sites) and i will read it and hey, my mind has been changed on this board before, on things larger than this (like the UN)

i'm willing to look at what you guys say is the evidence and read that, and examine with what i know and with what i've read

i'll take my "head out of the sand" for this

so please provide me some links and i'll check them out and weigh all this and decide

NATO AIR said:
well i'll be open here

show me (provide me with links you think are proper, there's all kinds of sources on the internet and i am not sure which are correct and which are just bash kerry w/ opinions (Not evidence) sites) and i will read it and hey, my mind has been changed on this board before, on things larger than this (like the UN)

i'm willing to look at what you guys say is the evidence and read that, and examine with what i know and with what i've read

so please provide me some links and i'll check them out and weigh all this and decide

All I can do is repeat what i just said. There really is nothing that can prove anything one way or the other. As I said, it comes down to their word against his. People can have their opinion, but that's all it is. Again, check out "Tour of Duty". I don't know how much it proves, but it will make you raise an eyebrow when you compare what Kerry said in that book to what he says while running for President.

NATO AIR said:
well i'll be open here

There are 250 vets who served with honor and distinction who claim that kerry is not fit to serve based on his performance while he was among them.

Look it up yourself.

That's proof enough for me. If it doesn't suffice for you, then I would simply have to repeat my previous statements about your lack of judgement.

Forum List

Back