Matthews Admits Media Is Biased

Discussion in 'Politics' started by red states rule, Jun 16, 2007.

1. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Every so often, libs let the truth slip out. It is a fact, most of the media is biased to Dems, and promotes a liberal aganda

Chris Matthews admitted it on his "Hardball" show.

I am posting it, since nobody heard it since nobody watches his show

Chris Matthews: 'This Country Was Built on Biased Reporting'
    Posted by Tim Graham on June 15, 2007 - 22:52.
    Chris Matthews grew "verklempt," he said, on Wednesday night’s Hardball, as he pondered how a class reunion made plain for him that some people watch him every night, and trust him like people trusted Walter Cronkite. From there, Matthews and his guests took up the subject of objectivity in journalism:

Ana Marie Cox, Time.com: "I also want to say that this idea about voice being very important to the current viewer and, and Eugene’s right that it’s true, that this idea that we should be aiming for objective truth in, in journalism is a relatively new thing for us."

Chris Matthews: "I agree."

Cox: "And I think what’s important is that people trust, they could trust an unbiased [sic], they could trust a biased source."

Matthews: "Okay, this country was built on biased reporting."

Cox: "Yeah."

Matthews: "Common Sense by Thomas Paine built this country and it was a point of view -- better independence than British rule. There’s a point of view!"

"This country was built on biased reporting" ought to be played repeatedly as a Matthews motto. It certainly helped Matthews build Senator Jim Webb!

http://newsbusters.org/node/13495

2. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    CM is hard to hate. He's more a cigar-chomping old-time Democrat than a wussy new-age Democrat.

3. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    He is easy to ignore. Nobody watchs his show. He has become a liberal fruit loop and he no longer makes an attempt to hide his bias

He was a jerk when he worked for Pres Peanut - and he has become a bigger one in recent years

4. roadhouse158

roadhouse158 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    The BBC finally admitted they are slanted left. I admit Fox is more right wing, but that isn't fair huh. Journalist, by trade, are mostly liberal. That's why Fox gets criticized so much. They are more conservative. One out of how many news stations. He are a few quotes from the BBC confession

People that watch Fox admit to being more conservative. Why has it taken so long for left people to admit that the majority of news corporations are liberal?

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56228

5. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    we have a corporate owned media.

Whos more in control the Boss or the workers?

Its time to understand that the news media beat the drums for war and that was not a liberal cause.

Matthews is horrible ,he talks over his guests answers and asks questions three minutes long.

He has been known to on about how sexy Republican candidates are and says totally idiotic things every time I watch him.

He was talking about the sex appeal of Fred Thompson the ohter day for christ sakes.....hes an idiot.

6. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    I think Matthews' words make it clear that he thinks that the country was built on biased reporting...but, from your quote - and from the article you quote it from, I do not see where he says anything about "promoting a liberal aganda"[sic]. There is no case made that any bias is liberal in any way, nor that all media is biased in the same direction.

This thread is nothing but an unsupported, erroneous, flatulent conclusion from the king of flatulence.

7. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Pentagon hires ABC reporter to improve PR

By: Mike Allen
    Jun 18, 2007 01:51 PM EST

"The Pentagon will announce this week that Geoff Morrell, previously a White House correspondent for ABC News, has been hired as the Defense Department’s on-camera briefer, a senior administration official told The Politico. "

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0607/4529.html

I'll bet the Pentagon hired him for that famed "liberal bias"! :rofl:

8. Dangerman

Dangerman Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bah...

This thread is biased against democrats.

The Democrats don't own the media. CNN, Fox, MSNBC (which is mostly owned by NBC), CNBC, NBC, and other such media news outlets are owned by conservatives that seek to dish out whatever news they could find that would give them big ratings. You don't need to be a liberal to show liberal footage.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    if you read RSR for any length of time, you will realize that he attributes all the ills of modern society to "dems" and "libs".

10. Dangerman

Dangerman Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Woot you are my god! Bah! Stop smoking, it makes you sound stupid.