Matthew 6:5, 6:6 and Tim Tebow

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
All of this John 3:16 talk and Tim Tebow.
A far more fitting verse for the his prayer showboating..

Matthew 6:5-6

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. (6) But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. (6) But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
ChINOs, Christians in name only for political purposes only, skip over that verse.

ChINOs, Christians in name only for political purposes only, skip over that verse.

More or less....Tebow does it to attract attention...he can't do it through quarterbacking...sooo.

The first amendment gives him the right to put John 3:16 under his eyes.
Also the right to pray in public.

Matthew 6:5-6 is speaking about showcase prayer.
Tim Tebow is doing relational prayer.

Jesus words were directed to the attitude of the pharisees when praying in public not on the action of praying in public. The tax collector who was praying near the pharisee was also praying in public, in the temple (not alone in a room). The pharisee was glorifying himself while the tax collector was asking forgiveness.

Jesus prayed in public, for one example: before resurrecting Lazarus in front of:
the disciples,
Lazarus' sisters,
and a lot of other people who gathered there and saw the miracle.

If you check the gospels He prayed in public in many of other events. again it is about attitude more than actions.

Jesus words were directed to the attitude of the pharisees when praying in public not on the action of praying in public. The tax collector who was praying near the pharisee was also praying in public, in the temple (not alone in a room). The pharisee was glorifying himself while the tax collector was asking forgiveness.

Jesus prayed in public, for one example: before resurrecting Lazarus in front of:
the disciples,
Lazarus' sisters,

If you check the gospels He prayed in public in many of other events. again it is about attitude more than actions.

Tebow is a showboat...nuff said.
I have no use for anyone who grandstands religion.

the disciples,
Lazarus' sisters,

He has proved many times that it his relationship to Jesus.
You can't read his heart.
You just don't like seeing him do it in public.
I didn't hear any complaints about the last time the Bronco's played when the whole team knelt on the field and prayed for their injured comrade.

the disciples,
Lazarus' sisters,

He has proved many times that it his relationship to Jesus.
You can't read his heart.
You just don't like seeing him do it in public.
I didn't hear any complaints about the last time the Bronco's played when the whole team knelt on the field and prayed for their injured comrade.

I can equally say he has proved many times he his showboating religion...you can't read his heart either.
Sorry, but anyone who feels the need to do "the Tebow" in front of millions of fans over and over is grandstanding. There is ZERO reason for someone to have to show everyone that they are "praying".
I am nearly 47 years old, been watching sports for over 30 years. I have seen players pray countless times...however it is usually when the camera has zoomed in on their face and you see their eyes closed and lips moving, otherwise you wouldn't know it - not moving 5 yards away from all the other teammates and repeating a swooping motion to their needs so everyone knows he is "praying". And I am certainly not alone...he has become a joke to many people...for a reason.

Attachments

• $images.jpg
    $images.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
And Christians are being persecuted all over the world right now.
Many are being killed for their faith.
And our 1st Amendment gives us the right to express our religion freely.
Jesus will be the one who judges him, not you or me.

And Christians are being persecuted all over the world right now.
Many are being killed for their faith.
And our 1st Amendment gives us the right to express our religion freely.
Jesus will be the one who judges him, not you or me.

Jesus didn't like him that well...I saw it on Saturday Night Live.

Forum List

Back