Matthew 21: 1-3 demonstrates the power of Jesus as God

1 As they drew near to Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent out two disciples. 2“Go to the village ahead of you, He told them, “and at once you will find a donkey tied there,with her colt beside her. Untie them and bring them to Me. 3 If anyone questions you, tell him that the Lord needs them, and he will send them right away.”…

This passage could easily be overlooked, because in the list of all of Jesus' many miracles it is rarely mentioned.

But here's the thing, Jesus' identity as God is demonstrated in this passage just as certainly as in his more extravagant miracles.

Jesus can see the donkey and its colt, and knows where they are, even though they are far from his physical human eyesight. Jesus is all seeing and all knowing about the present.

Jesus tells the disciples to go fetch the donkey and its colt, and tells them what to say if they are challenged. They follow his instructions, and like he said would happen, they are allowed to take the donkey and the colt. Jesus is all seeing and all knowing about the future.

Also, Jesus has arranged past events so that the person who owns this donkey and colt will allow them to be taken away by strangers with only a barebones explanation that "the Lord needs them." Jesus is all powerful.

The passage is subtle and easily overlooked, but it does show the enormous power of Jesus as the all knowing, all seeing, all powerful God, who can see the future, in a story without flashy miracles. It seems like a normal conversation, but it isn't.

Quoting the bible is akin to telling the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. In other words the bible is bullshit, written by men who were attempting an ulterior motive. In other words, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute" or......since there's twice as many folks in the world now as they were when that was quoted, "There's Two Suckers Born Every Minute!"

When you look at things like this you should recognize how successful they've been:

Cathedrale_saint_louis_versailles_nef_a.jpg

mega-church.jpg

the bible is an ancient scriptural writing----and is NOT BULLSHIT-----anymore than any other ancient scriptural writing-----you jerk

Horse shit.....at the very beginning man was talking to god....LMAO!!

Surely you jest!!

I have a question for you......just how many of the ancient gods were genuine and which ones were "Sucker Bait?" The church has never done one piece of work which wasn't self serving and it's arguably the richest entity in the world....at least when all faiths are combined. Another thing....all these Sunday morning collections which are supposed to be for charity......damn near all of it ends up being spent on local church activities and church maintenance. How the hell does that translate to "CHARITY?"
You guys must still be having a pissing contest over Genesis / Bereshet.

This book/scroll was just Moses' introduction.

I think it is about as reliable as a nursery rhyme.

And it fits in perfectly with the rest of that ancient horse shit!

Seriously.....if some otherwise well adjusted, functioning individual starts that story about he-she's corpse is gonna rise up from a six ft. deep grave, float away on gossamer wings to the clouds to join a ghost then pass through pearly gates to meet a bunch of their earthly buddies............C'mon Now!!

Then there's the part about the sinners going to another place and burning in the eternal fires of hell. Are You Shittin' Me?

Last edited:
1 As they drew near to Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent out two disciples. 2“Go to the village ahead of you, He told them, “and at once you will find a donkey tied there,with her colt beside her. Untie them and bring them to Me. 3 If anyone questions you, tell him that the Lord needs them, and he will send them right away.”…

This passage could easily be overlooked, because in the list of all of Jesus' many miracles it is rarely mentioned.

But here's the thing, Jesus' identity as God is demonstrated in this passage just as certainly as in his more extravagant miracles.

Jesus can see the donkey and its colt, and knows where they are, even though they are far from his physical human eyesight. Jesus is all seeing and all knowing about the present.

Jesus tells the disciples to go fetch the donkey and its colt, and tells them what to say if they are challenged. They follow his instructions, and like he said would happen, they are allowed to take the donkey and the colt. Jesus is all seeing and all knowing about the future.

Also, Jesus has arranged past events so that the person who owns this donkey and colt will allow them to be taken away by strangers with only a barebones explanation that "the Lord needs them." Jesus is all powerful.

The passage is subtle and easily overlooked, but it does show the enormous power of Jesus as the all knowing, all seeing, all powerful God, who can see the future, in a story without flashy miracles. It seems like a normal conversation, but it isn't.

That had to be the dumbest correlation since Matthew himself mistook the Lineage of Bethlehem EPHRATAH (A PERSON) in Micha 5 as a place-town of Bethlehem.

So you are using a verse by an obvious idiot and non Jew who is claimed to be a Jew and follower of Jesus (a person who never existed)even though the church admits none of the apostles wrote those books in their name? Brilliant!
Tell us when Jesus rode into the city in my name on a donkey and a colt at the same time according to your NT, who trained him to be this trick rider. Icm more interested in this trick rider trainer being a miracle worker. A 4'6" Jesus spread eagle across a colt and donkey at the same time means you admit he was really really a flexible woman, which makes sense as to why
he-she had relations with Lazarus.

you are off topic----but worse---you are making much of a trite
story--------the book of matthew was written in greek----probably more like a novella than a "divine" scriptural writing.
I cannot imagine why anyone would "DISCUSS"----the little story of going to town and getting a donkey
Originally Matthew's Gospel is believed to have been written in Aramaic and then standardized into Greek.

And Mark's was believed originally to be written in Latin then also standardized into Greek.

Similarly, James and Jude were probably originally Aramaic too.

John, Luke, and Paul wrote in Greek, it is believed, apparently.

Eventually the whole compilation was translated into Greek and that is how it came down through the centuries to us today.

could be....... I was struck by the fact that you seem to be intent on trying to attribute GREAT MEANING to a little story
that you are reading virtually FOURTH HAND-----some unknown related it. Another unknown wrote it down in whatever language----then it got translated into another language-----and on to another language by another translator------and all about going to town to fetch a donkey. -----it somehow became a MIRACLE for you based on <gasp> ----
MIRACULOUSLY JESUS KNEW THAT THERE WAS A DONKEY, YONDER, OVER THAT HILL ------back then---and even since----Donkeys were very common place in Judea.
Just how do you interpret the word "lord"? If translated from
Aramaic-----the word was probably a word which refers to any
man
I am sure they had a Rent an Ass agency close by...

He had to send his disciples to the next village for an ass, because he was not allowed to covet his neighbor's ass. Besides, Jesus' credit wasn't any good. The last ass they had rented was returned with cigarette burns in the saddle.

That had to be the dumbest correlation since Matthew himself mistook the Lineage of Bethlehem EPHRATAH (A PERSON) in Micha 5 as a place-town of Bethlehem.

So you are using a verse by an obvious idiot and non Jew who is claimed to be a Jew and follower of Jesus (a person who never existed)even though the church admits none of the apostles wrote those books in their name? Brilliant!
Tell us when Jesus rode into the city in my name on a donkey and a colt at the same time according to your NT, who trained him to be this trick rider. Icm more interested in this trick rider trainer being a miracle worker. A 4'6" Jesus spread eagle across a colt and donkey at the same time means you admit he was really really a flexible woman, which makes sense as to why
he-she had relations with Lazarus.

you are off topic----but worse---you are making much of a trite
story--------the book of matthew was written in greek----probably more like a novella than a "divine" scriptural writing.
I cannot imagine why anyone would "DISCUSS"----the little story of going to town and getting a donkey
Originally Matthew's Gospel is believed to have been written in Aramaic and then standardized into Greek.

And Mark's was believed originally to be written in Latin then also standardized into Greek.

Similarly, James and Jude were probably originally Aramaic too.

John, Luke, and Paul wrote in Greek, it is believed, apparently.

Eventually the whole compilation was translated into Greek and that is how it came down through the centuries to us today.

could be....... I was struck by the fact that you seem to be intent on trying to attribute GREAT MEANING to a little story
that you are reading virtually FOURTH HAND-----some unknown related it. Another unknown wrote it down in whatever language----then it got translated into another language-----and on to another language by another translator------and all about going to town to fetch a donkey. -----it somehow became a MIRACLE for you based on <gasp> ----
MIRACULOUSLY JESUS KNEW THAT THERE WAS A DONKEY, YONDER, OVER THAT HILL ------back then---and even since----Donkeys were very common place in Judea.
Just how do you interpret the word "lord"? If translated from
Aramaic-----the word was probably a word which refers to any
man
I am sure they had a Rent an Ass agency close by...

He had to send his disciples to the next village for an ass, because he was not allowed to covet his neighbor's ass. Besides, Jesus' credit wasn't any good. The last ass they had rented was returned with cigarette burns in the saddle.
I told him to use roach clips, but noooooo!

If Jesus is all knowing, and knows what we will do from any given moment to another, then let me ask you a question.

God gave mankind free will, which means we can choose to follow Him or not, we have that choice.

I mean................what happens if I choose not to follow Him, and get a bunch of others to believe like I do?

Oh wait................you call that a cult.

But...............aren't various factions of religion cults also? They say that if you don't believe as they do you are going to hell.

Really......................where is the free will that the Bible talks about if you can't follow God in your own way, but are required to follow as what the majority (or the cult) says?

603592_483589235041790_1709622001_n.jpg
Kat this looks like Trinnity from her forum board.

:lol: That isn't me...maybe it's her though, who knows.

Quoting the bible is akin to telling the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. In other words the bible is bullshit, written by men who were attempting an ulterior motive. In other words, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute" or......since there's twice as many folks in the world now as they were when that was quoted, "There's Two Suckers Born Every Minute!"

When you look at things like this you should recognize how successful they've been:

Cathedrale_saint_louis_versailles_nef_a.jpg

mega-church.jpg

the bible is an ancient scriptural writing----and is NOT BULLSHIT-----anymore than any other ancient scriptural writing-----you jerk

When I was in the third and fourth grades we opened each morning with the pledge and the lord's prayer. On Monday the teacher assigned each of us a bible verse to memorize and recite to the class on Thursday or Friday. Let them try that horse shit now!

The only reason that 2000 year old fairy tale is still around is the brainwashing of children.

Forum List

Back