Matthew 12:40

tipofthespear,

re: "May I ask why it matters?"

When asked by the scribes and Pharisees for a sign of his authority, the Messiah said that the only sign would be His entombment for three days AND three nights. If He didn't spend that time in the tomb, then He would not qualify as the Messiah. So why do you think that it is not important as to the length of time?

Do you know of any writing that was asked for in the OP?

Ok, so you are trying to "discredit" Jesus based on the "particular reading" of a specific Scripture...........I read it as it is written.....both in the KJV and the CJB, and I have no problem understanding that Jesus was in the tomb for three days and nights......it may not have been a complete 72 hour time, but do not care, nor believe anyone would try to count it down to the very second, and if Jesus was resurrected ONE OR TWO seconds early, they would then PROCLAIM: AHA! SEE! HE IS NOT THE MESSIAH!

Don't forget when Jesus spoke of destroying the Temple, and He said He would raise it in three days..........and there are other references as well. Buy yourself a KJV, or other translation, and spend some time studying...........there is much to learn...

Jesus Did Not Fulfill the Messianic Prophecies
What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God. (Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)

Specifically, the Bible says he will:

1. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
  2. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
  3. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
  4. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world – on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah.

Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus

And the fact he did the opposite of these means he was surely fulfilling the adversary instead.
They talked about and caused destruction of the Temple instead of building.
They caused the dispersment instead of gathering.
They were the cause of wars and thwarted peace processes.
They created the adversary affect and are doing everything in their power to be anti Moshiach.

nature abhors a vacuum and after the founders of christianity tried to swallow poor Israel whole and couldn't they did their best to steal all and every role they could to make the world "believe" Too bad for them the " son" has "returned" and none of them get it.....wink wink....

Since it's been awhile, someone new looking in may know of examples.

The Bible is pretty clear on the issue. 3 days and 3 nights means Christ died on Wed. No where in the Bible does it say that Christ died on Fri. Good Fri. is dogma. It stems from the fact that they had to hurry and prepare Christ's body with spices before the Sabbath, which starts on Fri. night. Thing is, there were more than one Sabbaths that week. There are 7 high Sabbaths that occur through the year. Going a little further into Matthew to 28:1 he mentions sabbathS, not just one.
That is correct. Jesus did not die on Friday.

Jeremiah,

re: "rstrats, Are you a born again Believer in Jesus Christ?"

Not yet. However, that's an issue for a different topic.

Why Jews should believe in Jesus.
There are 2,500 End Time prophesies in the Bible, and every one of the prophesies that you brought up is end time prophecy, and it started with God gathering the Jews back home.
Of the 2,500, 2,000 have already been fulfilled. There are 500 left before you see Jesus touch down on the Mount of Olives.

What Christ predicted in Revelation, is moving along like clock work. You can read it in the Bible, or watch it on the nightly news. It's understandable that you want to believe Jesus didn't exist, but Iran is coming for you. So is Russia and the enemies that surround you. <(prophesy) It isn't going to be pretty, but a remnant of you will survive, because your Messiah touches down on the Mount of Olives. And He's on your side. Nothing will prevail against Him, because of His love for you. You win WW3.

Someone new looking in who thinks that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week, and who tries to get around the 3rd night of Matthew 12:40 by saying that it is using common Jewish idiomatic language, may know of examples to show that it was common.

The Messiah said that 3 night times would be involved with His time in the "heart of the earth". However, there are those who believe that the Messiah died on the 6th day of the week and who think that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb or at the earliest to the time between the leaving of His spirit from His body and His resurrection on the 1st day of the week. But this belief allows for only 2 night times to be involved. To reconcile this discrepancy some say that the Messiah was using common Jewish idiomatic language. I am simply asking for examples to support that assertion; i.e., instances where a daytime or a night time was forecast to be involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could have occurred.

How many days is the least of the problems with the story.
1)it was plagiarized mythology written at least 700 years prior to the idol as found in ASSYRIA tablets on the death and 3 day resurrection of Baal (now sits in the Brittish Museum).
2) the Christ that died on Passover was the one from the 100bc era and like the NT this figure died by stoning and hanging not crucifixion.
3)Matthew was not written by a Jew who would have known the Gender usage in MICAH 5 when borrowing it to claim Jesus fit born in Bethlehem reference. Micah 5:10 is yalking about "the lineage" of
"Bethlehem Ephratah" not the town Bethlehem (wrong gender for towns).
Also it makes it quite clear when it talks about Clans (Lineage). So the one who wrote Matthew was not Jewish and not good at reading or being honest.
The Church admits the Books are not written by those they are named after.

The Messiah said that 3 night times would be involved with His time in the "heart of the earth". However, there are those who believe that the Messiah died on the 6th day of the week and who think that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb or at the earliest to the time between the leaving of His spirit from His body and His resurrection on the 1st day of the week. But this belief allows for only 2 night times to be involved. To reconcile this discrepancy some say that the Messiah was using common Jewish idiomatic language. I am simply asking for examples to support that assertion; i.e., instances where a daytime or a night time was forecast to be involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could have occurred.

The "heart of the earth" is an expression denoting worldly thinking. Verily, it is a tomb. People used to believe that the heart was the seat of consciousness. Its like saying 'the mind of the earth". This is comparable to Jonah spending three days in the belly of the beast and Jesus living in the wilderness among the wild beasts for x days and x nights during the temptation.

This is about Jesus spending three decades lost in worldly thinking and religious gobbledygook before he rose from the dead and left the whitewashed tomb that he was raised in since birth, the same smelly tomb in which Hashev continues to decay..

Last edited:
HaShev and hobelim,

Sorry, but your comments are issues for other topics.

HaShev and hobelim,

Sorry, but your comments are issues for other topics.
uh, no.

my post is on topic and a direct response to the content of your post.

If you do not like the revelation or its implications, too bad.

enough with the talking in your sleep already...

Last edited:
My post is on target to because Baal has everything to do with the story since it is about Baal. And the 3 layers goes as follows;
1)Baal is the father the church never mentions the name, 2)Jesus claims to be Baal's son the morning star in mythology in Rev 22:16.
They are father & son as one (in the same mythology)=same exact prexisting 3 day resurrection story, even the circle sun cross is a prexisting Baal cross, the figure in thr NT is hanged on a tree-not a cross.
3)the third layer is that The Dead Sea Scrolls allowed us to see how words were utilized in their age (days) not ours. "Day" sometimes refered to periods of time as in an era or
"age of".
source:The Ages of The World 4Q180-181
creation days-the world has gone through 6 ages in creating order from it's chaos not 6000 years with
The 7th(Sheva) Day(Age) rest.
Therefore the mythology of 3 days are 3 ages Baal resurrects as his new image called Jesus. Baal and Asherah (Mother Mary) goes back to 5000 or more BC where the age(day) is Hunter / Gatherers - then the next age (day) theAgricultural Age: - 5,000 BC to 500 BC This was the age of rapid spread of civilization to all corners of theearth. Then the 3rd day(age) Age of Trade: the Baal mythology is resurrected as the Jesus mythology=one in the same.
So most certainly my post about the 700 bc Assyrian found tablet on BAAL has everything to do with this post, because it proves plagiarism and your post being borrowed of Baal worship.

My post is on target to because Baal has everything to do with the story since it is about Baal. And the 3 layers goes as follows;
1)Baal is the father the church never mentions the name, 2)Jesus claims to be Baal's son the morning star in mythology in Rev 22:16.
They are father & son as one (in the same mythology)=same exact prexisting 3 day resurrection story, even the circle sun cross is a prexisting Baal cross, the figure in thr NT is hanged on a tree-not a cross.
3)the third layer is that The Dead Sea Scrolls allowed us to see how words were utilized in their age (days) not ours. "Day" sometimes refered to periods of time as in an era or
"age of".
source:The Ages of The World 4Q180-181
creation days-the world has gone through 6 ages in creating order from it's chaos not 6000 years with
The 7th(Sheva) Day(Age) rest.
Therefore the mythology of 3 days are 3 ages Baal resurrects as his new image called Jesus. Baal and Asherah (Mother Mary) goes back to 5000 or more BC where the age(day) is Hunter / Gatherers - then the next age (day) theAgricultural Age: - 5,000 BC to 500 BC This was the age of rapid spread of civilization to all corners of theearth. Then the 3rd day(age) Age of Trade: the Baal mythology is resurrected as the Jesus mythology=one in the same.
So most certainly my post about the 700 bc Assyrian found tablet on BAAL has everything to do with this post, because it proves plagiarism and your post being borrowed of Baal worship.
It should be pointed out that the Sheva day or 7 th Day rest always commences at SUNDOWN and at NIGHT eclipsing the BAAL worship which is SUN/SON worshipping or overturning it I prefer using the Term Return...Symbolism but more to the point...

HaShev,
"...most certainly my post about the 700 bc Assyrian found tablet on BAAL has everything to do with this post, because it proves plagiarism and your post being borrowed of Baal worship."

I'm afraid that I don't see where your comments provide examples that show that it was common to forecast a daytime or a night time being involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could have occurred.

hobelim,

re: "uh, no."

Uh, yes. As I said to HaShev, I don't see where your comments provide examples that show that it was common to forecast a daytime or a night time being involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could have occurred.

HaShev,
"...most certainly my post about the 700 bc Assyrian found tablet on BAAL has everything to do with this post, because it proves plagiarism and your post being borrowed of Baal worship."

I'm afraid that I don't see where your comments provide examples that show that it was common to forecast a daytime or a night time being involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could have occurred.
What part of thr event didn't happen do you not understand?
I can use your silly argument to say to you your own words : "provide examples that show the event happened in history" not in self testimony plagiarized stories.
You are spreading "Fake News".
And by the way I did discuss Night (Evening Star)& Day(Morning Star) in the symbolic way which you missed seeing.

HaShev,
re: "What part of thr event didn't happen do you not understand?"

I'm not aware of any part of the event that didn't happen.

re: "...your own words: 'provide examples that show the event happened in history'."

You have to be thinking of someone else because I never wrote that.

This topic is concerned with 1 issue and only 1 issue.

1. The Messiah said that He would spend 3 nights in the "heart of the earth".

2. There are some who believe that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with a resurrection on the 1st day of the week.

3. Of those, there are some who believe that the "heart of the tomb" is referring to the tomb.

4, Of those, there are some who try to explain the resulting lack of a 3rd night by saying that the Messiah was using common idiomatic/figure of speech/colloquial language of the the time.

5. If it was common , there would have to be multiple examples of such usage in order to legitimately assert that it was common to forecast a daytime or a night time as being involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could occur.

6. I am simply asking to see some of those examples.

Forum List

Back