Mattel is chickenshit!! or full of lead!!???

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
Why do I get the feeling that Mattel Toys was browbeaten into taking the full hit(blame) for the lead paint on their toys that were all made in China???

I found it odd that the President of the toy giant began to back paddle when faced with unhappy Chinese company leaders this past week:confused:

How much lead has been introduced into other toys that Mattel sold
and never disclosed? I think that Mattel is worried that the Chinese are going to squawk, and/or provide documents that would show that more stuff was subject to recall, or could possibly be if the wrong people were pissed off any further.

Here is a great startup company for the taking.. Make some inexpensive lead test kits and sell them at grocery, convieniece stores, etc... Then, when some American Slept takes them home, he can test all the rest of the junk manufactured in China for lead. First place to go, your kids toys. Then, go and try your shoes, your window shades, your grill surfaces, your wind breakers, your plastic lunch boxes, your note books, etc. etc..

I would be willing to bet a lot more of what we buy, that is made in China, is full of lead. Why?? I don't know. I put these questions to this BB at least two years ago. I would have thought that one of the resident geniuses could have explained it then.

Forum List

Back