Matt Stone and Trey Parker got biggest backlash from liberals.

Brilliance is not mimicking the latest news a week or two later. Any plagerizer can copy the news after the fact.
Sometimes they are indeed funny but the lack the one thing that makes comedy brilliant. ORIGINALITY
What?
Can you fucking read?

What? Lol

They parrot the latest headlines and controversy and MORONS applaud them for being geniuses. Well guess what? Hannity and Madcow do that as well, every night. Are they geniuses too?
Holy shit
Right?

I must be the only genius on this board since I recognize them for the scam artists they are. They have no loyalties to the left or the right. Only the bank numbers that pad their account by playing one side against the other.

Geniuses for fooling idiots? I suppose so. Geniuses for originality and talent?

Lol, NO

Scam artists? How the fuck is it a SCAM to make silly fun of various details of our society for entertainment purposes? You sound too bitter and joyless to have any giant, ridiculous belly laugh about anything. Let alone seeing the humorous details of our modern society. Let's see you make something funnier, which balances gross-out toilet humor with actual moments of surprisingly thoughtful wit about the human condition.

Brilliant post Willmummy! That take serious social issues like illegal immigration and point out the hypocrisy while employee middle school fart humor.

And why are adults watching CARTOONS?

Beats me
I watch the shit with my grandkids but I sure as fuck don't take it seriously enough to boast about it online.

Well it isn’t MASH gramps, I’ll give you that. You just keep watching those old GoldenGirls episodes on VHS.

To be fair, Golden Girls is still pretty funny after all these years.

South Park's other great asset is the one and only highly manic Randy Marsh! He's a cartoon icon! I love him, his reactions to everything are so exaggerated and over-the-top you can't help but adore him.

South Park's other great asset is the one and only highly manic Randy Marsh! He's a cartoon icon! I love him, his reactions to everything are so exaggerated and over-the-top you can't help but adore him.
Yeah, favorite character.

I also love Butters because of his good-hearted, adorable innocence. Which is why I utterly hate his nasty, dictator parents. I remember one episode his depressed mother even tried to murder him. If he were real, he'd be such a cool little kid to babysit.

Does anyone remember the episode in which Butters was grounded, but he foolishly allowed 100% clinical psychopath Eric Cartman to fill in for him (the most clinical monster in cartoon history)? At any rate, when Butters' parents called in to check on him Cartman impersonated Butters' voice and mouthed off to his parents, "Ah, lighten up you bloody vaginal belch," and "I'll be here with bells on you old horse-banging skank." Then when Butters' parents came home and started screaming at Butters, Cartman relaxed in their front yard, listening, and mentioned, "If I were a little bit older I'd be jacking off to this right now."

It's a credit to Parker/Stone that they had the talent to make Eric Cartman so stunningly loathsome, so odious, that I love any episode where Cartman gets violent beat-up, brutalized and injured in some way. No cartoon character had it coming more.

Last edited:
I also love Butters because of his adorable innocence. Which is why I utterly hate his nasty, dictator parents. I remember one episode his depressed mother even tried to murder him. If he were real, he'd be such a cool little kid to babysit.
Yeah, the famous Butters episode.

That's me.

One of the funnier scenes ever

A couple of morons. Hope you like following the cheese trail

Actually, they are quite brilliant. They have set their show up in such a way that they can be cranking out a topical show in a weeks time. No other animated show can do that.

And, they are funny as hell.
Brilliance is not mimicking the latest news a week or two later. Any plagerizer can copy the news after the fact.
Sometimes they are indeed funny but the lack the one thing that makes comedy brilliant. ORIGINALITY

They don't mimic, they mock. Huuuuge difference.
If not for the headlines they would have no source material. They lack creativity without the waterspout of current events.

As I stated, ZERO originality

Like I said before, that is untrue. They mock the current events. If you want to see some of their original work go see "The Book of Mormon". One of the funniest musicals I have ever watched.

Actually, they are quite brilliant. They have set their show up in such a way that they can be cranking out a topical show in a weeks time. No other animated show can do that.

If not for the headlines they would have no source material. They lack creativity without the waterspout of current events.

Like I said before, that is untrue. They mock the current events. If you want to see some of their original work go see "The Book of Mormon". One of the funniest musicals I have ever watched.

From what I understand, Trey Parker is an ex-Mormon, so that's why they're able to satirize the Mormon church in such exact, pinpoint detail. I remember the episode "All About the Mormons" with that hilarious song with the chorus, "dum-dum-dum-dum-dum." But at the end when someone pointed out major flaws in Joseph Smith's story, the song's chorus changed to "smart-smart-smart-smart-smart."

Don't care enough to bother but I'll take your word for it.

From what I understand, Trey Parker is an ex-Mormon, so that's why they're able to satirize the Mormon church in such exact, pinpoint detail. I remember the episode "All About the Mormons" with that hilarious song with the chorus, "dum-dum-dum-dum-dum." But at the end when someone pointed out major flaws in Joseph Smith's story, the song's chorus changed to "smart-smart-smart-smart-smart."

Yeah, I liked how they were able to mock the ultra orthodox religious people, while honoring those who were genuinely religious, without being obnoxious about it.

I guess one of the things I love about South Park's style is the way their comedy takes all sorts of bizarre, off-the-wall twists and turns and then suddenly makes you laugh when you least expect it.

Forum List

Back