Matt Silver's climate challenge

I guess that CRU whistleblower scandal really has you down, Chrissy. I've never seen you post so much to distract from the obvious. :lol:

I couldn't care less about a tempest in a teapot.

From the wine growers to the ski resorts to the melting glaciers to the melting ice caps to the increased growing seasons to the animals themselves, the evidence for global warming is overwhelming.

Only someone of extreme ignorance would deny it.

I guess that CRU whistleblower scandal really has you down, Chrissy. I've never seen you post so much to distract from the obvious. :lol:

I couldn't care less about a tempest in a teapot.

From the wine growers to the ski resorts to the melting glaciers to the melting ice caps to the increased growing seasons to the animals themselves, the evidence for global warming is overwhelming.

Only someone of extreme ignorance would deny it.
And not a lick of it points to any causality.

Only an imbecile would claim it does.

The boys from MIT disagree with you.

I think they are smarter than you.

Well you would think that because you're very gullible

No, you are the one who is gullible.

t.g.warm.pic.1.jpg
I reiterate.
What do you propose we do about it?
It is not mankind's fault, even if it IS happening.

I find it interesting it's the one question you will not answer in the 5 times I've asked it of you.

Truth sucks huh?

Well you would think that because you're very gullible

t.g.warm.pic.1.jpg
I reiterate.

I find it interesting it's the one question you will not answer in the 5 times I've asked it of you.

Truth sucks huh?

No, you haven't asked that five times.

The answer is simple move toward alternative energy.

t.g.warm.pic.1.jpg
I reiterate.

Truth sucks huh?

You mean like Solar, which works half the day, and has a horrible energy density.

How about Wind? It's unable to be more than 30% consistent and Spain is discovering it is not reliable enough to maintain a power grid and MUST have fossil Fuel or nuclear based energy to back it up.

We could always use Ethanol or biodiesel. You know... The stuff that takes more energy to make than it produces. Not to mention destroys the machines it runs in because of its highly corrosive nature? Combine with that it's damaging to the water table, increases the price of food by depleting ag resources and flat out waste of resources. Oh yeah... and when burned, ethanol produces more CO2 than petroleum. Not that it matters since CO2 is a bullshit fraud pollutant.

And then there's hydrogen... aaaahhhh Hydrogen. 15 years off in the future, minimum. Even then it's more expensive and costly to manufacture... out of petroleum distillates because it's the highest concentration of oxygen.

Face it. Your solutions are for a crisis that doesn't exist and worse than the problem they hope to solve. Invent something better than oil, more powerful than oil, cheaper than oil and the world will beat a path to your door.

Till then, you're whistling Dixie, and pretending science fiction is going to save you.

I reiterate.

Truth sucks huh?

You mean like Solar, which works half the day, and has a horrible energy density.

How about Wind? It's unable to be more than 30% consistent and Spain is discovering it is not reliable enough to maintain a power grid and MUST have fossil Fuel or nuclear based energy to back it up.

We could always use Ethanol or biodiesel. You know... The stuff that takes more energy to make than it produces. Not to mention destroys the machines it runs in because of its highly corrosive nature? Combine with that it's damaging to the water table, increases the price of food by depleting ag resources and flat out waste of resources. Oh yeah... and when burned, ethanol produces more CO2 than petroleum. Not that it matters since CO2 is a bullshit fraud pollutant.

And then there's hydrogen... aaaahhhh Hydrogen. 15 years off in the future, minimum. Even then it's more expensive and costly to manufacture... out of petroleum distillates because it's the highest concentration of oxygen.

Face it. Your solutions are for a crisis that doesn't exist and worse than the problem they hope to solve. Invent something better than oil, more powerful than oil, cheaper than oil and the world will beat a path to your door.

Till then, you're whistling Dixie.

The crisis exists, and the solutions are there. All it takes is the political will.

It will take time, and it will help America because clean energy is American made.

I love the whinning on the right about it. Their denial is one of the reasons we are so dependent on foreign oil.

Till then, you're whistling Dixie.

The crisis exists, and the solutions are there. All it takes is the political will.

It will take time, and it will help America because clean energy is American made.

I love the whinning on the right about it. Their denial is one of the reasons we are so dependent on foreign oil.
Yep. Boncher's Maxim stands:

"To a believer, no proof is necessary. To a skeptic, no proof is enough."

The fun part is that the believer's proof was just proven to be lies, while the skeptic's proof were just proven to be true. The real question is... how long will the detoxification of the global psyche take from this green poison?

certain is that MnaMade CO2 has absolutely NOTHING

huh. If you put an increased amount of greenhouse gasses in any atmosphere and change nothing else what happens in your experiments?

At the percentages we're dealing with on a world wide level NOTHING may happen. I believe the "may" part to be a small percentage chance, but hey, if you're the gambling type and willing to take the risk.

huh. If you put an increased amount of greenhouse gasses in any atmosphere and change nothing else what happens in your experiments?

The point is that the volume of such a discharge is SO small as to be infinitesimal and unable to affect change, even if this was a factor.

I'm not willing to gamble the other way that changes we make to society are worth the expense and effort and pain to achieve an even smaller depletion of a naturally occutring gas that we add so little to in the first place. The need just isn't there. We must do what we always do to every climate change we've faced: Adapt or Die.

Forum List

Back