Mathematician destroy Evolution in 5 Min

big kitties. ive not seen these next to any point of reference.

i think the reason why we dont know all of these details about what could breed with what is down to ethics. ethical scientists wouldnt go experimenting like mad scientists to probe if humans can or cant breed with other primates. that would be mad science. for the same reason, we haven't thoroughly examined the extents of animal hybridization.

fascinating as these kitties are, i understand them to have issues. with no such practical application and proven vigor as mules and chop-lambs have, its a bit twisted to bring them about.

Written by non-creationists mathematicians, the poor biologists are idiots in Math so they fall down in logical traps
From your "source"
The genetic defects would have accumulated from generation to generation and from species to species. It is ludicrous that any animal could survive 1 million years of continuous genetic entropy, but to survive for 660 million years of continuous genetic entropy is simply far beyond ludicrous.
This is an assumption. No proof of the assumption that something is "ludicrous" is offered, just the assertion it is so.
When a real mathematician writes a proof they start with postulates and definitions.
Your source is so riddle with crap as to be pointless.

What the fuck does a math professor know about evolution?
Sort of like Dick Cheney telling our Generals in Iraq and Afghanistan how to conduct, (or fuck up), the war.
I would like to see JUST ONE opponent of the theory or evolution that does not base some, most or all of their opposition on religion.
Is there an atheist that believes evolution is false? MOST Christian scientists believe in it. 95% of all colleges and universities teach it as fact. Many Christians in those schools teaching it.
Their Christian faith, unlike the posters here that deny fact, is so strong and not so weak to be challenged by scientific fact.

Yep lots of hoaxes have been taught as fact in the school system and continue to be. I guess the part that is most important is that they "say" that they are fact. That is all that matters right? ;)

There is not ONE Christian that believes in macro-evolution though. Partly because they believe in the Bible as the inerrant and unchanging word of the living God. But also because qualifications for being a scientist is not being an evolutionist or a practitioner of witchcraft but rather one who can postulate, observe, test and validate theories about the creation set before them.

the lion and tiger bred in captivity are a good example of this. their offspring are not reliably fertile.

And many times, genetic defects cause unexpected results.

that's a sharp point. people forget that the divergences which we identify as disorders or defects among humans, are the stems of these natural experiments which test sometimes drastic changes in our genes or the way they are 'read'. nowadays, trisomies and other variations from downs syndrome to triple x don't get the opportunity to play themselves out in a loincloth and spear context where our history and technology aren't around to hedge our adaptability/moderate our evolution.

Huh. That's very interesting. It seems plausible that the two chromosomes fused, I'll give you that. But I'm still wondering how the people with the two fused chromosomes found each other.

Evolution occurs in population, not the individuals. The gene pool has all kinds of variations, and the frequency of one characteristic over another is what changes over time.
Genetic drift, if I recall my lexicon correctly.

☭proletarian☭;2179350 said:
There is NO evidence that any animal has ever mutated into existence from another totally different animal.

Exactly as evolutionary theory predicts should be the case.

When a dog gives birth to a whale that grows legs and becomes a human being, you will have disproven evolutionary theory.

Once again the theory claims men evolved from an ape like creature. And that other animals evolved from other totally different species. YET there is absolutely NO evidence of these claims. NOT a single one.

I think what the fossil record reveals is that several types of Man evolved from a common ancestor which was also common to some chimps.

If there is no evolution, then there is no change in our species and yet the average man of the Dark Ages was about a foot shorter than the average man of today. The various races of the world were pretty well distinct 500 years ago and now there is rampant intermarriage and the resulting racial mixing.

Life expectancy is rising and has about doubled in the last 100 years.

We are evolving right now and have been for millenia.

☭proletarian☭;2179350 said:
Exactly as evolutionary theory predicts should be the case.

When a dog gives birth to a whale that grows legs and becomes a human being, you will have disproven evolutionary theory.

Once again the theory claims men evolved from an ape like creature. And that other animals evolved from other totally different species. YET there is absolutely NO evidence of these claims. NOT a single one.

I think what the fossil record reveals is that several types of Man evolved from a common ancestor which was also common to some chimps.

If there is no evolution, then there is no change in our species and yet the average man of the Dark Ages was about a foot shorter than the average man of today. The various races of the world were pretty well distinct 500 years ago and now there is rampant intermarriage and the resulting racial mixing.

I understand where you are coming from and it's certainly an admirable try, but people are bigger because of better nutrition and living longer because of modern medicine and some take better care of themselves. Races mingling is NOT part of evolution, it just means travel is easier.

But I know that evolution is a fact, just not based on those facts. Good try though.

Dr Berlinski destroy Evolution in 5 Min, by the way we should ask if evolution is right, which organ has appeared the first? "eyes, ears or Brain"? eyes need brain and brain need eyes? :confused:

YouTube - Evolution destroyed in under 5 minutes

Destroyed? Not even close.

I heard an interesting discussion on the growth of the organs. The first brains being a central junction of nerves. When and how and why did nerves arise would be a more fundamental question. The electricity that makes them work. The synapse gaps that allow the transmission of "data" from the point of origin to the central area of the junction or eventually the brain.

Our current brain is a layered affair with very elemental components near the base amd the higher function areas near the front. The fact that the various areas are there is a very strrong argument in favor of evolution and a very strong denial of a divine creation. If the creation was a "poof" type of thing, why the vestiges of the previous forms?

We can see the light of the fire. We can feel the heat of the fire. We can smell the burning of the fire. We can hear the crackle of the fire. Light is radiation as is heat. Odor is particulates. Sound is perturbed air.

If there was evolution from a less sophisticated to a more sophisticated level of being, it seems quite rational that the components that would later combine to form the higher animals would all react in some way to radiation, particulate transfer and moving air.

If a part of the skin of an organism was light sensitive, it is reasonable that evolved changes would change that light sensitivity to eyes. It is reasonable to suppose that heat sensitive areas would become skin. That particle sensitivity would become a nose or a mouth.

We are not talking about 1000's or even millions of years. We are talking about billions of years.

Your man in the video seemed a little close minded. Comparing the messy world of biology to the relatively neat world of mathematics seems a tad tight to me.

I understand where you are coming from and it's certainly an admirable try, but people are bigger because of better nutrition and living longer because of modern medicine and some take better care of themselves. Races mingling is NOT part of evolution, it just means travel is easier.

But I know that evolution is a fact, just not based on those facts. Good try though.

The things that I cited are changes to the population at large. These things have changed the individuals. If individuals chage as a species and the changed traits are shared across populations, that is evolution.

As a species, we are a social bunch. We evolve both as individuals and within societies.

If there was a woldwide famine for some reason, there would be changes to the population and that would be an evolutionary event. The spread of medicine is an evolutionary event.

The mingling of the races is an evolutionary event.

Evolution is not a directable process. It just happens and these things are happening. If the members of a species is changing, the species is changing. Evolving.

Evolution is not a directable process.
The banana, corn, and the domesticated hound prove otherwise.

Man can take control of his evolution, effecting evolutionary pressures that select the best of Him to improve Mankind's form and fitness.

☭proletarian☭;2186654 said:

Man can take control of his evolution, effecting evolutionary pressures that select the best of Him to improve Mankind's form and fitness.

this exactly the nazi-eugenic doctrine, thanks to clear it :clap2:

"the good race will extermine the bad savage race"- massacres is a natural process :doubt:

Slide175darwin.jpg

"the good race will extermine the bad savage race"- massacres is a natural process :doubt:

Slide175darwin.jpg

Oh goody. You always know the Flat Earth Society has run out of talking points when they start to attack Darwin himself.

As if any of that is germane to the larger topic.

What the fuck does a math professor know about evolution?
Sort of like Dick Cheney telling our Generals in Iraq and Afghanistan how to conduct, (or fuck up), the war.
I would like to see JUST ONE opponent of the theory or evolution that does not base some, most or all of their opposition on religion.
Is there an atheist that believes evolution is false? MOST Christian scientists believe in it. 95% of all colleges and universities teach it as fact. Many Christians in those schools teaching it.
Their Christian faith, unlike the posters here that deny fact, is so strong and not so weak to be challenged by scientific fact.

Yep lots of hoaxes have been taught as fact in the school system and continue to be. I guess the part that is most important is that they "say" that they are fact. That is all that matters right? ;)

There is not ONE Christian that believes in macro-evolution though. Partly because they believe in the Bible as the inerrant and unchanging word of the living God. But also because qualifications for being a scientist is not being an evolutionist or a practitioner of witchcraft but rather one who can postulate, observe, test and validate theories about the creation set before them.

have you considered that you are bullshitting yourself about all christians? 'the qualifications for being a scientist is not being an evolutionist' ok.. the qualifications for being a christian is not being an ignoramus. the vast majority of people who believe in and follow Christ aren't fundamentalists. not even close.

Slide175darwin.jpg
Fail.

Please cite where I advocated 'destroying' anyone.

Let me google that for you

If you knew your partner or yourself carried a faulty copy of a gene which, if inherited, would lead to medical problems or other concerns in your child, would you love your child enough to take measures to ensure your child inherited the best you could give?

Eugenics is the moral obligation of those who love Mankind and would see the human form strong and free from disease.

☭proletarian☭;2188616 said:

Slide175darwin.jpg
Fail.

Please cite where I advocated 'destroying' anyone.

Let me google that for you

If you knew your partner or yourself carried a faulty copy of a gene which, if inherited, would lead to medical problems or other concerns in your child, would you love your child enough to take measures to ensure your child inherited the best you could give?

Eugenics is the moral obligation of those who love Mankind and would see the human form strong and free from disease.

Why must the human form be free from disease?

Why should we prefer the promotion of strong humans?

Why must we have intelligent or industrial humans?

I can see how Freeman jumped the gun and suggested you promoted "weeding out the unfit" although that was not your point. But I do not see why you seek an idealized population. What is wrong with the current population?

it is pretty retarded to look toward genetics, particularly via eugenics, to hope to improve humanity. our ability to improve ourselves and our society is by far the more effective route.

it is pretty retarded to look toward genetics, particularly via eugenics, to hope to improve humanity. our ability to improve ourselves and our society is by far the more effective route.

I do not go that far

If you are able to live--live!

I leave the quest for self perfection to the individual as much as possible.

You do not have to seek perfection if you do not want it.

Forum List

Back