Math Lesson for the Feeble Minded

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
At the end of Obama's second term, the U.S. National Debt will be $20 trillion. Annual interest on this debt will be:

1% = $200 billion

2% = $400 billion

3% = $600 billion

4% = $800 billion

5% = $1 trillion (1/4 of federal budget)

Do you think the rest of the world is going to loan us all the money we want at zero per cent interest forever? Where are U.S. businesses going to get loans for expansion if the federal government soaks up all available credit? When will this bubble burst?

Are you Obama supporters OK with this? Do you even care? :confused:

This is why the Fed has QE^Infinity and ZIRP as its key policy initiatives.

Liberals don't let facts permeate their ideology, but when money comes out of their pockets they turn violent!

So? Fuck the future generations. Who cares about those yet to be born? We're ENTITLED to live this way.

Yes, as we know, no Republican Congress or President has ever added to our national debt. It was all Democrats who got us here. Republicans are fiscal conservatives. Just ask them, and they will tell you.

I don't know how I said that with a straight face. There should be an Emmy for internet posting.

Who was it that claimed deficits don't matter?

Interest free? Hahahahaha.

No one has to claim it dumbass, they only need to act it.

Swing and a miss.

"Reagan," Vice President Dick Cheney famously declared in 2002, "proved deficits don't matter." Unless, that is, a Democrat is in the White House. After all, while Ronald Reagan tripled the national debt and George W. Bush doubled it again, each Republican was rewarded with a second term in office. But as the Gallup polling data show, concern over the federal deficit hasn't been this high since Democratic budget balancer Bill Clinton was in office. All of which suggest the Republicans' born-again disdain for deficits ranks among the greatest - and most successful - political double-standards in recent memory.

Reagan Proved Deficits Don't Matter* | Crooks and Liars

Yes, as we know, no Republican Congress or President has ever added to our national debt. It was all Democrats who got us here. Republicans are fiscal conservatives. Just ask them, and they will tell you.

I don't know how I said that with a straight face. There should be an Emmy for internet posting.

Bullshit. Nobody is suggesting our debt is exclusively the fault of one party. We're simply looking at the projected debt based on current trends. It's unsustainable. You either support living within our means or you don't. Our President does not. Either did the last one. We can acknowledge the shit we're in and deal with it or we can whine about which side got us into this mess. Your choice.

OK. Let's get real about spending cuts and taxes. Reinstate the whole of the Clinton Tax Schedule. Add 5% on those making more than a million, and make that on all income from whatever source. Cut Defensed spending by half. Adopt the Japanese Health Care System, and halve the cost of Health Care, with great improvements in results. Also takes the burden off of businesses, so small businesses are on equal footing with big business as far as health care is concerned. You want to play with Social Security? Then let's means test the upper end. And make the 6.2% tax that I pay go all the way up the scale on all income.

The suggestions I have made would go far to balance the budget. But would never be adopted by any party.

Bullshit. Nobody is suggesting our debt is exclusively the fault of one party. We're simply looking at the projected debt based on current trends. It's unsustainable. You either support living within our means or you don't. Our President does not. Either did the last one. We can acknowledge the shit we're in and deal with it or we can whine about which side got us into this mess. Your choice.

I saw Obama's name twice in the OP. How many times did you count Republicans?

He is the President, the one promoting a budget that will surpass $20 trillion of debt. What the fuck would be the point of bitching about how much past presidents/Congresses contributed to that debt? We either deal with the situation we face today or we don't. Obama is the face of what we're dealing with today, just as Bush was a decade ago. Do you stand against more debt or not? That's all that matters.

He is the President, the one promoting a budget that will surpass $20 trillion of debt. What the fuck would be the point of bitching about how much past presidents/Congresses contributed to that debt? We either deal with the situation we face today or we don't. Obama is the face of what we're dealing with today, just as Bush was a decade ago. Do you stand against more debt or not? That's all that matters.

It is a typical attempt to retroactively blame Obama for every economic problem we face.

Obama did not run up that $20 trillion debt by himself. He had decades of Republican and Democratic help.

The House controls the purse strings, and the last I checked, the GOP still has the majority there.

I would have been fine with the OP, except that it puts the entire blame for our shit sandwich on Obama with, "Are you Obama supporters OK with this? Do you even care?"

That's a bullshit, cowardly, ignorant tactic.

The proper question is "Are you Republicans and Democrats okay with this? Do you even care?"

This is not an Obama problem. This is not even a Democratic problem. This is a bipartisan problem, and any asshole who attempts to divert attention away from that fact the way the OP just tried to do is a dick. I bet he doesn't even have a clue what the annual interest on the debt we were paying at the end of Bush's term was.

Last edited:

It is a typical attempt to retroactively blame Obama for every economic problem we face.

Obama did not run up that $20 trillion debt by himself. He had decades of Republican and Democratic help.

The House controls the purse strings, and the last I checked, the GOP still has the majority there.

I would have been fine with the OP, except that it puts the entire blame for our shit sandwich on Obama with, "Are you Obama supporters OK with this? Do you even care?"

That's a bullshit, cowardly, ignorant tactic.

The proper question is "Are you Republicans and Democrats okay with this? Do you even care?"

This is not an Obama problem. This is not even a Democratic problem. This is a bipartisan problem, and any asshole who attempts to divert attention away from that fact the way the OP just tried to do is a dick. I bet he doesn't even have a clue what the annual interest on the debt we were paying at the end of Bush's term was.

not an Obama problem.....? not a Democrat problem.....?

'scuse me...

why hasn't there been a balanced budget for the last 4 years......?

or is ignoring the problem the real answer....?

I love how whininglittleasswarpdemoncraps blamed boooooosh for ten years but wail and sirene when somebody attempts to hold the black guy accountable. it's just fucking priceless. :lol::lol:

Forum List

Back