Math from a real scientist

Section 5: Evolution, Climate Change and Other Issues | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

528-64.gif

One right winger on this board told me that the fact that scientists believe in evolution by such a wide margin proves how "out of touch" they are with the "mainstream".

Do you think the level of idiocracy in America jumped when we started glorifying Archie Bunker, Al Bundy and Homer Simpson? That led to the guy who got elected running on the "fuzzy math" line.

Oh my sir.

I thouht you were still trying to do the calculations to show us how greenhouse gas properties change when you release them from a fish tank which radiates heat into the atmosphere into the atmosphere which radiates heat into space.

Seems more like a hope it changes to me.

None the less, I do not want to take away your car so calm down. How about we mandate passenger vehicles and trucks average 40mpg by 2020 as a way of supporting our troops and un supporting the value of oil in Iran?

s0n......time to do some research. Americans dont want gay little 2 door Specks!! And we dont want the fcukking government dictating what we want to drive.

Drive a SMARTCAR.............have fun!!!!

Used compact and hybrid cars see boost in resale value | KMOV.com St. Louis

Read this through the AP on Yahoo also. Seems some fella actually made $100 or so pre-tax driving a Prius for a year and trading it in.

I will admit ppl, Americans included will buy a Toronado instead of a Metro if all else is equal.

Thing is combustion engine performance has improved predictably the last couple decades. I see no harm in suporting the troops by creating a "military support tax" on vehicles which average less than 40mpg in a few years.

Wonder how many mpg a 2015 Toronado weighing 3200lbs could get while keeping 160 horse. I would be faster than the 1989 version.

Hey, i opened up yahoo and poof, there was some research lol.

Are you old enough to remember or did your parents tell you about the first gas crisis and how suddenly folks loved small crappy foreign cars?

How about the second time around when somewhat decent smaller japanese cars invaded? GM F bodies were the last of our hot rod dinosaurs to survive that one.

Seems car preferences are tied to fuel costs.

Forum List

Back