Masturbation May Help Relieve Restless Legs Syndrome

USAMomma

Jul 14, 2010
Apparently, being master of your domain isn't all that it's hyped up to be.

Researchers say that for sufferers of the neurological disorder restless legs syndrome, a little self-pleasure could be just what the doctor ordered.

In a recent letter published by the medical journal Sleep Medicine, Luis Marin and colleagues at the Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, report the case of a patient who, with masturbation and sexual intercourse, eased the symptoms of his RLS.

"The patient reported that he would get complete relief from RLS symptoms, granting him normal sleep following sexual intercourse or masturbation," the letter read.
:razz:
Masturbation May Help to Relieve Restless Legs Syndrome

Hmm...I was told that men would go blind for doing such a thing! :tongue:

Researchers say that for sufferers of the neurological disorder restless legs syndrome, a little self-pleasure could be just what the doctor ordered.

In a recent letter published by the medical journal Sleep Medicine, Luis Marin and colleagues at the Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, report the case of a patient who, with masturbation and sexual intercourse, eased the symptoms of his RLS.

"The patient reported that he would get complete relief from RLS symptoms, granting him normal sleep following sexual intercourse or masturbation," the letter read.

There's a perfectly simple answer to this theory and it wouldn't involve spending tons of money to research. Most men think with the wrong head ... which is generally attached to the leg most affected by Restless Leg Syndrome.

While I realize the study tries to link dopamine to the result, the act of masturbation in this case is probably just a simple mind-over-matter thing.

About 5 years ago, I started having RLS and my doctor suggested if I didn't have any other problems with insomnia (I didn't), to take a B-12 just before turning out the light. Vitamin B-12 plays a roll in the circulatory system, so his theory was if the nervous system is operating properly, RLS won't happen. I've been taking it ever since and have had absolutely no problems ever again.

I read something that Masturbation will cause blindness..:confused:

Well, it really is safe sex that is for sure. And if you do it just right, satisfaction guaranteed and no morning regrets :razz:

Sorry...couldn't resist posting what my hubby was jokingly saying about this.

Well maybe the cause of RLS is not enough sex in the first place. Some of these ailments you don't ever hear of and then suddenly everyone has it.

A bar of soap

[YEA] 06/07/2010: Janet from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada writes: "I am 62 and have had RLS all my life but have never used prescription meds for this. Last nite I couldn't get to sleep because of the RLS and turned on my computer and went to this website. I read about the soap and decided, why not. When I got to bed, I held the bar of soap (which I had put into a sock) and NO RLS. When I woke up this morning, the soap was no longer in my hand but it didn't matter. I never have a problem with RLS once I am asleep; it's just that period before I fall asleep. If I don't lie perfectly still during that period before sleep, I will always get RLS. So, after I was holding the soap, I moved my legs around and around and around, to see if RLS would appear and it never did. Thank you so much for this website...amazing information."

Cure Restless Leg Syndrome

While I realize the study tries to link dopamine to the result, the act of masturbation in this case is probably just a simple mind-over-matter thing.

About 5 years ago, I started having RLS and my doctor suggested if I didn't have any other problems with insomnia (I didn't), to take a B-12 just before turning out the light. Vitamin B-12 plays a roll in the circulatory system, so his theory was if the nervous system is operating properly, RLS won't happen. I've been taking it ever since and have had absolutely no problems ever again.

You got something against masturbation ? :lol:

I heard the new medical term for men is "restless penis syndrome"... :dunno:

Well maybe the cause of RLS is not enough sex in the first place. Some of these ailments you don't ever hear of and then suddenly everyone has it.

A bar of soap

[YEA] 06/07/2010: Janet from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada writes: "I am 62 and have had RLS all my life but have never used prescription meds for this. Last nite I couldn't get to sleep because of the RLS and turned on my computer and went to this website. I read about the soap and decided, why not. When I got to bed, I held the bar of soap (which I had put into a sock) and NO RLS. When I woke up this morning, the soap was no longer in my hand but it didn't matter. I never have a problem with RLS once I am asleep; it's just that period before I fall asleep. If I don't lie perfectly still during that period before sleep, I will always get RLS. So, after I was holding the soap, I moved my legs around and around and around, to see if RLS would appear and it never did. Thank you so much for this website...amazing information."

Cure Restless Leg Syndrome

That's downright weird. I have a horror of dying in my sleep and whomever discovers me questioning my choice of sleepwear (usually nothing in the summer and only a t-shirt in winter), but if I was clutching a bar of Ivory soap between my legs, it might confirm at least one person's suspicions that I'd totally lost my marbles.

Seriously, could such remedies (including my own B-12) just be simple mind over matter? If you believe strong enough that some remedy actually works, it will?

I heard the new medical term for men is "restless penis syndrome"... :dunno:

Even some women have it.:cool:

BTW: I love this thread.

Now I have a good explanation for why my legs are always feel so well rested.

Now I have a good explanation for why my legs are always feel so well rested.

Me too, but now what should I do about the cramps in my hand?

Forum List

Back