Master Chef's Recipe Thread

you guys missed the part about smart assed comments not being appreciated, huh? :lol:

BTW...some food history...Chop Suey is not Chinese. Although it has a Chinese flavor and Chinese ingredients it was invented by a Polish chef in New York City in the late 19th Century. A similar thing is seen in Caesar Salad which is not Italian and has nothing to do with Julius Caesar. It was invented by Chef Caesar Cardini in Tijuana in the 1920s. Caesar Salad is Mexican cuisine.

We are aware that you are newbie, but you really should have worked out by now that we don't take kindly to 'rules' from posters about 'their' threads. You don't want smartassed comments? Start a fucking blog. Here, we like to fry other posters lightly, and add a side of sarcasm. Yum.

We are aware that you are newbie, but you really should have worked out by now that we don't take kindly to 'rules' from posters about 'their' threads. You don't want smartassed comments? Start a fucking blog. Here, we like to fry other posters lightly, and add a side of sarcasm. Yum.

oh.... :lmao: ....I never thought of a blog. Good idea. Thanks for the tip. Actually I don't mind the sarcasm, my hope was simply that the thread wouldn't get too cluttered or sidetracked. Thanks for the blog suggestion though. Silly me.

Please be patient. I will learn. :lol:

Minute rice, Bro?

Come on man, that's a shortcut for a hack chef.

Give 'em real ingredients to work with.

If you're gonna do this, do it right!

Chef to chef......Just sayin'!:eusa_whistle:

I know, I know....but I am trying to do this for homemakers, not professionals

Actually, I thought the Minute Rice was a great suggestion. If you're gonna get people interested in cooking, it's a good idea to give them the 'cheat' version.

I see you are from Salem Oregon. Too bad it's not Salem Massachussets. If you were, you could serve CG up in dish of Barbequed Witch Tits.

Master Chief's daily special is ass-kicking.
Master_Chief-H3.png

If you are going to do recipes... i would do one recipe per thread. Open a new thread for each thing... otherwise its all going to get lost in the jumble.

I would also nix with the arrogant stuff.... your OP for example. You have been here 8 days, so i cant see how you would have a "ton of requests"

If you want to share recipes, fine... but the crap about ...if you all ask enough about the same thing i will consider posting some.

what the fuck you think housewives cant do rice......what a fucking asshole...what is it with chefs....syr exclused......wicked is on the fence...but you blue are a dick.....cant cook rice you act like its fucking rocket science...

what the fuck you think housewives cant do rice......what a fucking asshole...what is it with chefs....syr exclused......wicked is on the fence...but you blue are a dick.....cant cook rice you act like its fucking rocket science...

My wife can't do rice.

:lol:

She always burns the shit out of it.

My wife can't do rice.

:lol:

She always burns the shit out of it.

Automatic rice cooker........should fix the problem .... ;)

I just do all the cooking. Well, the majority of it. Oven is her domain. Stove, grill, smoker is mine.

And I just picked up some good hickory chunks the other day. Woohoo! I think I'm going to try a hickory/applewood combo next time. Should give an interesting flavor to some pork.

Shades of Robert_Stephens and not a chef imo.:eusa_whistle:

I never said housewives can't cook rice. Jesus. I do a lot of individual classes for non-professionals and in my experience with them I have found that what most people are looking for is a way to make very good food in the easiest manner possible using ingredients that are very easy to find. Having a specific rice for this dish and specific rice for that dish is not what most people are after. I try to keep it as simple as possible.

It's like apple pie. What's the point of buying fancy grade granny smiths for something you are going to cook the living shit out of? It's expensive as hell and IQF apples work just fine.

You know what...fuck it. Good Christ

I never said housewives can't cook rice. Jesus. I do a lot of individual classes for non-professionals and in my experience with them I have found that what most people are looking for is a way to make very good food in the easiest manner possible using ingredients that are very easy to find. Having a specific rice for this dish and specific rice for that dish is not what most people are after. I try to keep it as simple as possible.

It's like apple pie. What's the point of buying fancy grade granny smiths for something you are going to cook the living shit out of? It's expensive as hell and IQF apples work just fine.

:lol: Well, don't say I didn't warn ya. :lol:

Some people would be offended by 'Good morning' at USMB. We're a tricky bunch... at least I carry a warning on my tagline. :eusa_angel:

you did go to johnson and wales...so far what i have figured out about them.....they dont care what the quality of ingrediants is....they just add more salt....i like fresh as i can get food...

I learned how to make apple pie from my mother! The BEST apples are those sour June apples which we can pick off the tree for free here! :clap2:

People are GOING to argue with your recipes. Ann Landers learned THAT decades ago when she published her meat loaf recipe.

Forum List

Back