Master Chef's Recipe Thread

BluePhantom

Educator (of liberals)
Nov 11, 2011
Portland, OR / Salem, OR
Ok so I am going to start this thread because I am getting a ton of requests for recipes. For those wondering why I have the arrogance to start a thread about my recipes it's because I am a certified Master Pastry Chef as well as a Certified Executive Chef and I have multiple gold medals in international competition including the Culinary Olympics (for which I have represented the USA in the last two events). To deal with all these requests I am just going to start a thread and monitor that.

My Rules
I am just going to post a formula here once a week at least (maybe more if needed). I ask the following:

1) if you have a request for a recipe please PM me. If I get the same request enough I will post it for everyone, otherwise I will try to send it to you individually. Please don't clutter the thread with requests.

2) Ask public questions about technique, problems, or measurements. Chances are someone else has the same question.

3) This is not a debate thread. I am not interested in arguing publicly about whether or not parsley is a functional or non-functional garnish. I am starting this thread to help those asking for recipes and advice on technique and want to learn how to cook like an absolute mother fucker.

4) Please only post a response if you really think it's something everyone needs to see....and smart assed comments are something no one needs to see. If you are not interested in the subject matter and just want to start shit, go to the Flame War section.

5) All recipes will be set for four portions and to the highest degree possible I will try to set the ingredients for the home cook. There are simply some things that can only be acquired by professionals. If I can find an alternative I will tell you what it is. If not...I will tell you how to get it.

I am doing this because I have gotten a lot of PMs asking questions and making requests. I am trying to help in such a way that I accommodate as many people I can as quickly as I can.

Chop Suey with Fried Rice

Fried Rice
1 tsp dry mustard
3 ½ oz soy sauce
1 oz cider vinegar
½ tsp sesame oil
¾ tsp sugar

Combine all the above together and mix until smooth

½ cup Peas
¼ cup minced carrots
½ cup find chop green onions
Combine all together in a bowl and set aside

2 cups white rice
2 cups water
For fried rice I recommend Minute Rice for the home cook. All we are going to do here is hammer the rice with flavors and the rice exists to create texture. Looking for a gourmet rice is great when you are making a pilaf or a risotto, but for fried rice at home, minute rice is actually perfect for what you are trying to accomplish. Boil the water and add the rice. Cover and set aside. After the rice has fully absorbed the water mix the peas, carrots, and green onions in with the rice. Replace the cover and set aside again.

1 ½ oz butter
4 ea. Eggs
Salt and pepper to taste

Start out with a large pan…I recommend about 12” diameter. Melt the butter, and cook the eggs on full heat with the salt and pepper just like if you were making scrambled eggs. You want to really chop up the egg pieces to make them about the size of a lima bean maximum.
When the eggs are dry add the rice and veggie mixture. Stir it up and then add the soy sauce mixture. Stir until the rice absorbs all the sauce. Reduce heat to low. All you have to do from here is keep the rice moving occasionally so it does not burn.

Chop Suey

2 pork chops (or one pork tenderloin) cut into ½ inch cubes

Set aside

½ ea onion (small dice)
4 stems celery (small dice)
12 small mushrooms sliced
½ cup sliced water chestnuts
4 ea Green Onions (thinly chopped)

Combine all the above in a bowl and set aside

2 cloves minced garlic

Set aside

¼ cup chicken broth
¼ cup soy sauce
1 TBS cornstarch
1 TBS dry sherry
½ tsp minced ginger
1/8 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper

Combine the above in a bowl and mix until smooth.

In a wok (preferably) or at least a pot heat 2 TBS oil and fry the pork. Stir fry it. Keep it moving until it’s done but make sure it’s fully cooked. Remove the pork and set aside

Add another 2 TBS oil and stir fry the onions, water chestnuts, green onions, mushrooms, and celery until al dente (just firm enough that your teeth sink in but it still has crispness).

Hit it with the minced garlic and stir fry for about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth and cornstarch mixture and stir fry until a thick sauce consistency. Add the pork back in and stir fry until hot.

Serve with the fried rice recipe above.

Cereal.

Pour preferred cereal into a bowl.
(Use whatever amount that makes you happy).
Add milk.
(Again, type and quantity of milk is based on your preference).
Use a spoon to eat the milk and cereal mixture out of the bowl.
(I tried a fork, it doesn't work as well).
Enjoy!

you guys missed the part about smart assed comments not being appreciated, huh? :lol:

BTW...some food history...Chop Suey is not Chinese. Although it has a Chinese flavor and Chinese ingredients it was invented by a Polish chef in New York City in the late 19th Century. A similar thing is seen in Caesar Salad which is not Italian and has nothing to do with Julius Caesar. It was invented by Chef Caesar Cardini in Tijuana in the 1920s. Caesar Salad is Mexican cuisine.

you guys missed the part about smart assed comments not being appreciated, huh? :lol:

BTW...some food history...Chop Suey is not Chinese. Although it has a Chinese flavor and Chinese ingredients it was invented by a Polish chef in New York City in the late 19th Century. A similar thing is seen in Caesar Salad which is not Italian and has nothing to do with Julius Caesar. It was invented by Chef Caesar Cardini in Tijuana in the 1920s. Caesar Salad is Mexican cuisine.
Rules are meant to be broken........ If they're even read.......... :eusa_whistle:
:D

Rules are meant to be broken........ If they're even read.......... :eusa_whistle:

Well...lucky for you I love someone with a little spice in their demeanor....all the same...until you learn your place when referring to me on the topic of food you may address me as "Chef". :rofl:

.....If they're even red....
:eusa_angel:

Chef...

Well...lucky for you I love someone with a little spice in their demeanor....all the same...until you learn your place when referring to me on the topic of food you may address me as "Chef". :rofl:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h8qY5h4at8&feature=related]Chef! - Get me a large knife! - YouTube[/ame]

:lol:

then you will be addressing many others with that same respect.

.....If they're even red....
:eusa_angel:

Chef...
Exceptions to every rule........ :eusa_whistle:

Chop Suey with Fried Rice

Fried Rice
1 tsp dry mustard
3 ½ oz soy sauce
1 oz cider vinegar
½ tsp sesame oil
¾ tsp sugar

Combine all the above together and mix until smooth

½ cup Peas
¼ cup minced carrots
½ cup find chop green onions
Combine all together in a bowl and set aside

2 cups white rice
2 cups water
For fried rice I recommend Minute Rice for the home cook. All we are going to do here is hammer the rice with flavors and the rice exists to create texture. Looking for a gourmet rice is great when you are making a pilaf or a risotto, but for fried rice at home, minute rice is actually perfect for what you are trying to accomplish. Boil the water and add the rice. Cover and set aside. After the rice has fully absorbed the water mix the peas, carrots, and green onions in with the rice. Replace the cover and set aside again.

1 ½ oz butter
4 ea. Eggs
Salt and pepper to taste

Start out with a large pan…I recommend about 12” diameter. Melt the butter, and cook the eggs on full heat with the salt and pepper just like if you were making scrambled eggs. You want to really chop up the egg pieces to make them about the size of a lima bean maximum.
When the eggs are dry add the rice and veggie mixture. Stir it up and then add the soy sauce mixture. Stir until the rice absorbs all the sauce. Reduce heat to low. All you have to do from here is keep the rice moving occasionally so it does not burn.

Chop Suey

2 pork chops (or one pork tenderloin) cut into ½ inch cubes

Set aside

½ ea onion (small dice)
4 stems celery (small dice)
12 small mushrooms sliced
½ cup sliced water chestnuts
4 ea Green Onions (thinly chopped)

Combine all the above in a bowl and set aside

2 cloves minced garlic

Set aside

¼ cup chicken broth
¼ cup soy sauce
1 TBS cornstarch
1 TBS dry sherry
½ tsp minced ginger
1/8 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper

Combine the above in a bowl and mix until smooth.

In a wok (preferably) or at least a pot heat 2 TBS oil and fry the pork. Stir fry it. Keep it moving until it’s done but make sure it’s fully cooked. Remove the pork and set aside

Add another 2 TBS oil and stir fry the onions, water chestnuts, green onions, mushrooms, and celery until al dente (just firm enough that your teeth sink in but it still has crispness).

Hit it with the minced garlic and stir fry for about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth and cornstarch mixture and stir fry until a thick sauce consistency. Add the pork back in and stir fry until hot.

Serve with the fried rice recipe above.
Minute rice, Bro?

Come on man, that's a shortcut for a hack chef.

Give 'em real ingredients to work with.

If you're gonna do this, do it right!

Chef to chef......Just sayin'!:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back