Mast Cell Cancer in Dogs

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
Anyone have any experience with this? My wonderful boy Rue has had his third reuccurance. My vet tells me it's very unpredictable. His first was a pea sized nodule on his neck, removed with clean margins. Two years later - one on his inner elbow - took a long time to diagnose. We had to amputate his leg. Now it's come back - multiple nodules, four months later. My vet and I agreed that palliative measures are where we are at...so, he is on prednisone and doing well. I don't know how long or what course it will take. Has anyone dealt with this kind of cancer? What can I do to help him?

Right now, we have him on pred - we're aiming for quality of life as long as we can. We're also looking into supplementing with herbal remedies - it can't hurt after all.

Anyone have any experience with this? My wonderful boy Rue has had his third reuccurance. My vet tells me it's very unpredictable. His first was a pea sized nodule on his neck, removed with clean margins. Two years later - one on his inner elbow - took a long time to diagnose. We had to amputate his leg. Now it's come back - multiple nodules, four months later. My vet and I agreed that palliative measures are where we are at...so, he is on prednisone and doing well. I don't know how long or what course it will take. Has anyone dealt with this kind of cancer? What can I do to help him?

So sorry. Sending You & Rue positive vibes and energy. :smiliehug: I don't have any experience with what you are dealing with in this particular instance. but I love my pets like family, so I sure am hoping things getting better for your family.

bostons are know for the mast cell cancer now...several other breeds

when we thought my doberman had bone cancer.....(which luckily he did not) i did all the research......bone is worse if one can really say that...and i had decided to put him down rather than amputate....coyote different cancers have different expectations.....i am not being critical of your choice at all...mast is removal and i am afraid re occurring

Forum List

Back