Massive Twister Hitting OKC

One thing that gives Me heart. Oklahoma knows tornadoes and they know how to build for them. those two schools were totaled, but that is an outside view.

I cannot believe they would not have had underground shelter.

Reports now are of an EF5. That means nothing above ground is considered safe. I watched this monster almost from its formation. Most frightening images of weather I've ever seen.

CaféAuLait;7262263 said:
tumblr_m0u2zqyX381r4sy9x.jpg

inhofe-leadin-winter2006-we.gif

Hopefully this will be a wakeup call for OK.

Seriously? We are looking at total devastation and you want to politicize it while people are probably fighting for their lives, children in crushed schools?

Pathetic.

He needs to be banned for life IMMEDIATELY!

CaféAuLait;7262321 said:
Did you hear the male reporter when he was reporting on it, he was in tears and obviously overwhelmed.

I did, heart wrenching. I just can't imagine being a parent with kids in those schools right now.

My gosh...what a nightmare for a parent. You have to leave your kid there at that point and hope that the school is taking the proper precautions. I would be going nuts as a parent. Single parent of 3 daughters here.

It's hard, I can't imagine what the parents are going through. They just said they are keeping parents away from the schools. So sad. But I recall it quite well, as I said before I hated living in Kansas.

One thing that gives Me heart. Oklahoma knows tornadoes and they know how to build for them. those two schools were totaled, but that is an outside view.

Reports now are of an EF5. That means nothing above ground is considered safe. I watched this monster almost from its formation. Most frightening images of weather I've ever seen.

In Kansas none of the schools there had underground shelters, that I dealt with. Bathrooms were the shelters

Was just told by family there that they are not certain how many kids were actually in there.

CaféAuLait;7262405 said:

In Kansas none of the schools there had underground shelters, that I dealt with. Bathrooms were the shelters
Isn't Norman the town that had no working sirens in 1999 when they were hit with a huge tornado?

Why wouldn't they have reinforced at least the schools with some sort of shelter.

I'd have to think twice before I put a kid in a school that was so poorly built.

CaféAuLait;7262321 said:
They are pulling 3rd graders out of the Plaza Towers Elem. School right now according to the local news there.

Did you hear the male reporter when he was reporting on it, he was in tears and obviously overwhelmed.

I don't know if it's the same one you heard...but they were interviewing a man that completely lost his home, and he got very emotional.....wow, so very sad :(

that is why I have hazelnut on ignore. No humanity at all.
It's a bad day for America, Darkwind. Mentally brainwashed people who practice saying sick things get worse in times of stress. Just hope he doesn't forget his meds today.

Last edited:
Watching footage of a school - completely wrecked.

Damn Republicans had better not refuse aid again. Or hold the elderly and young children hostage to give up FOOD so Okalhoma can get help.

How many of those Volunteers go you think are Republican, Luddly? Your bias is venomous and it corrupts your judgement.

CaféAuLait;7262405 said:

Isn't Norman the town that had no working sirens in 1999 when they were hit with a huge tornado?

Why wouldn't they have reinforced at least the schools with some sort of shelter.

I'd have to think twice before I put a kid in a school that was so poorly built.

I believe one of the problems is the amount of tornado warning issued daily, people become complacent. Just another warning, all will be well. I am not bashing anyone but it just seemed that way.

CaféAuLait;7262429 said:
CaféAuLait;7262405 said:

I believe one of the problems is the amount of tornado warning issued daily, people become complacent. Just another warning, all will be well. I am not bashing anyone but it just seemed that way.

Too true!

Watching footage of a school - completely wrecked.

Damn Republicans had better not refuse aid again. Or hold the elderly and young children hostage to give up FOOD so Okalhoma can get help.

I hope Obama can get that aid into that area fast.
Matthew, this will be a case of the locals helping each other out. They say towers for communication are out, power lines are down, gas lines are causing fires of structures left standing (or not), not a good place to travel to right now with storms expected to follow for the duration of today and likely tomorrow, due to the slow speed of the clouds.

Forum List

Back