Massive Twister Hitting OKC

CaféAuLait;7262130 said:
Stating that the debris path is much wider than the tornado which hit on May 3, 1999.

Showing the school now, there seems to be nothing left and they are unsure if it was in session.

They called parents for a pick up but it wasn't mandatory, unfortunately there were still quite a few... Looks like it was just the gymnasium taken out.

Plaza Towers Elem. School. Heard from family, said kids are trapped and they are trying to figure out how to get through the debris to get them out.
The Helo coverage showed two schools hit hard.

one of my family members there was in the OK City bombing and is now on an emergency response team there.

CaféAuLait;7262130 said:
Stating that the debris path is much wider than the tornado which hit on May 3, 1999.

Showing the school now, there seems to be nothing left and they are unsure if it was in session.

They called parents for a pick up but it wasn't mandatory, unfortunately there were still quite a few... Looks like it was just the gymnasium taken out.

that was a different school.

CaféAuLait;7262130 said:

You're right, There were two schools hit, the elementary school looked horrible. Damn.

Sometimes I really hate journalists! Just pulled(literally) a woman and her two children out of a decimated house and the ch. 9 guy was on her like a vulture...

When we lived in Kansas it was nerve wracking, the month we left saw a record of 127 tornados in one month alone. It was nothing to see storm watching speeding down the highway, we once saw the TIV. I really hated it there because of all the storms.

CaféAuLait;7262185 said:

You're right, There were two schools hit, the elementary school looked horrible. Damn.
Both schools were totaled. They don't know if the students were held there or released.

I was watching just after it formed, and one of the anchors had reported that the schools were holding students rather then release them into the storm.

The elementary school was utterly flattened. It looks like the other school, the core buildings still had a roof.

CaféAuLait;7262185 said:

Both schools were totaled. They don't know if the students were held there or released.

I was watching just after it formed, and one of the anchors had reported that the schools were holding students rather then release them into the storm.

The elementary school was utterly flattened. It looks like the other school, the core buildings still had a roof.

Wow, I had not seen the second school yet, when I saw the first it was devastating. The reports are saying there are children stuck in the schools. I hope they are wrong.

CaféAuLait;7262213 said:
CaféAuLait;7262185 said:

Wow, I had not seen the second school yet, when I saw the first it was devastating. The reports are saying there are children stuck in the schools. I hope they are wrong.

There are according to family there. Said they are working on how to clear debris to get to the kids.

tumblr_m0u2zqyX381r4sy9x.jpg

inhofe-leadin-winter2006-we.gif

Hopefully this will be a wakeup call for OK.

CaféAuLait;7262238 said:
my family member said he will let me know when he knows more.

I hope your family is safe. They ( and you) are in my thoughts.

Thank you. Yesterday my nephew and his family was just 2 miles from the Edmond tornado. Fortunately only about 12 homes were damaged in Edmond. Further east of them much was damaged.
All family is safe right now. One family member is part of emergency response there. Said he would let me know when he can what is going on.

CaféAuLait;7262238 said:
my family member said he will let me know when he knows more.

I hope your family is safe. They ( and you) are in my thoughts.

Thank you. Yesterday my nephew and his family was just 2 miles from the Edmond tornado. Fortunately only about 12 homes were damaged in Edmond. Further east of them much was damaged.
All family is safe right now. One family member is part of emergency response there. Said he would let me know when he can what is going on.

Good to hear everyone is safe. Lets, hope there was only property damage and the loss of life is nil.

Forum List

Back