MASSIVE Piercings & Tattoos - Why?

I'm a man and have a tattoo on my calf, and 1 piercing in each ear (that I got to rebel in high school but haven't worn earrings in probably 8 years now).

I will be getting another tattoo soon (I've been saying that since my 1st one 7 years ago LOL), as a tribute to both of my grandfathers (one of which would have hated the idea-but whatever LOL).

It's going to be a Saint Michael (I'm torn between 2 images...one of him slaying Satan the other of him descending down into battle), and with my grandfather's birth year (same year) in Roman numerals on my arm/shoulder involved in the image. My grandfathers were my heroes, and Michael represents protection, he also symbolizes the police/military (both were veterans). I also like it because to me it means that we should do the RIGHT thing, even if it's not the easiest thing to do.

So that tattoo has a lot of meaning to me and I've though about it for a long time now. I'll have no regrets getting that one done. Now I'm looking around for the right artist to get it done from.

Last edited:
So that tattoo has a lot of meaning to me and I've though about it for a long time now. I'll have no regrets getting that one done. Now I'm looking around for the right artist to get it done from.

So it's just because you want to and you want to memorialize things/people that are important to you.

Do most of your friends also have tattoos and piercings? Do you like they way they look on others too?

So it's just because you want to and you want to memorialize things/people that are important to you.

Do most of your friends also have tattoos and piercings? Do you like they way they look on others too?

Most of my friends don't have tattoos or piercings. My students (I teach high school) are usually very surprised if they see me wearing shorts in public and I have a tattoo, they go "Sir....you have a tattoo?" I usually laugh and say something like "I do? Where?", it's fun. A few weeks into a class a student will also (9/10 times a girl) point out that my ears are pierced lol. But honestly for me the earrings were something silly I did in high school, I don't regret them necessarily, I just changed. But yeah my tattoo (and soon to be 2nd) have a lot of meaning for me. It's not for everybody, and that's ok. I would never cover myself in tattoos though.

Personally I think it depends on the tattoo specifically what's the significance of the tattoo, and how good of a job did the artist do. Some look really good....others....not so much LOL. I find it funny that some people who get them aren't extremely picky about the artist they chose. For me paying a little bit more to get better work is worth it.

I just want to understand... is it REALLY all just about trend and fashion???

:dunno: because when it comes to both topics I am more than ready to admit to being utterly clueless.

I am a guy and I see things in 16 primary colors. Taupe and persimmon are foreign concepts to me.

So I really don't care what anyone else wants to do with their own body since it is theirs to do with as they see fit.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I agree 100%

......but I still would like to understand the mind of someone that likes to have this done to their body. maybe it's as simple as why someone likes certain clothes... but this is permanent and often painful, so, I think there has to be more to it... than picking out a pair of shoes....
Trying to understand idiot Millennials is your first mistake lol.

I just want to understand... is it REALLY all just about trend and fashion???

:dunno: because when it comes to both topics I am more than ready to admit to being utterly clueless.

I am a guy and I see things in 16 primary colors. Taupe and persimmon are foreign concepts to me.

So I really don't care what anyone else wants to do with their own body since it is theirs to do with as they see fit.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I agree 100%

......but I still would like to understand the mind of someone that likes to have this done to their body. maybe it's as simple as why someone likes certain clothes... but this is permanent and often painful, so, I think there has to be more to it... than picking out a pair of shoes....
Trying to understand idiot Millennials is your first mistake lol.

What is it with you and blaming everything on millennials? :p

I have a number of tattoos (5)..they all have a meaning and I love them all. Two of them are a fairly good size. One is in memory of my father (on my left forearm).. and the other I got after I had a 3 month hospital stay from being very sick (on my left shoulder). The other smaller ones have various meaning with family (daughters initials, an Arabic design etc)

Yes, I know many people with tattoos. Most of the people that I know that have tattoos also have meanings behind theirs. Some stick to a particular style or genre they like (Asian, old school etc).

Attachments

• tat shoulder.jpg
    tat shoulder.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 62
  • tattoo1.jpg
    tattoo1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 70
You are idiots.

So I said they were idiots. hink I am a millennial? :lol:
No I said they were idiots. They think kale is cool because someone on The View pulled it off a salad bar and cooked it. They think a chef is original because they put an egg on something. They think $10 for a taco off a food truck is a good deal. They think buying a 200 square foot 'tiny' house for $150k with no land is fiscally smarter than buying a 1500 square foot one with land at $100k. They think telling everyone else 'but them' to drive a Prius which cause more pollution than any gas engine ever could makes them green. They carry around sticks to attach to their iPhones so they can take retarded selfies to post on Twitter. They tattoo their bodies And their new trend is 3d tattoos and ear stretching.

Their entire generation is fucked up. If you are not one of them let me know.

You are idiots.

So I said they were idiots. hink I am a millennial? :lol:
No I said they were idiots. They think kale is cool because someone on The View pulled it off a salad bar and cooked it. They think a chef is original because they put an egg on something. They think $10 for a taco off a food truck is a good deal. They think buying a 200 square foot 'tiny' house for $150k with no land is fiscally smarter than buying a 1500 square foot one with land at $100k. They think telling everyone else 'but them' to drive a Prius which cause more pollution than any gas engine ever could makes them green. They carry around sticks to attach to their iPhones so they can take retarded selfies to post on Twitter. They tattoo their bodies And their new trend is 3d tattoos and ear stretching.

Their entire generation is fucked up. If you are not one of them let me know.

If you think the entire generation is like your video, you really are out there.

No, I'm not a millennial. I guess I fall into the GenX category.

Forum List

Back