Massive Black Hole Stumps Researchers

brneyedgrl80

May 25, 2004
Phoenix-it's-dry-heat-Arizona
I'm not sure if this goes here, but I thought you guys would like it.

Massive Black Hole Stumps Researchers
By Tariq Malik
Staff Writer
posted: 06:30 am ET
28 June 2004

A team of astronomers have found a colossal black hole so ancient, they're not sure how it had enough time to grow to its current size, about 10 billion times the mass of the Sun.

Sitting at the heart of a distant galaxy, the black hole appears to be about 12.7 billion years old, which means it formed just one billion years after the universe began and is one of the oldest supermassive black holes ever known.

The black hole, researchers said, is big enough to hold 1,000 of our own Solar Systems and weighs about as much as all the stars in the Milky Way.

"The universe was awfully young at the time this was formed," said astronomer Roger Romani, a Stanford University associate professor whose team found the object. "It's a bit of a challenge to understand how this black hole got enough mass to reach its size."

Romani told SPACE.com that the black hole is unique because it dates back to just after a period researchers call the 'Dark Ages,' a time when the universe cooled down after the initial Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago. That cooling period lasted about one billion years, when the first black holes, stars and galaxies began to appear, he added. The research appeared June 10 on the online version of Astrophysical Journal Letters.

Read more here: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/heavy_blazar_040628.html

Wrong post for this topic, but I'll explain anyways. Obviously the real phrase would go along the lines "Great piece of ass..." A male donkey is called a jackass and a shorter form of that name would be ass. Now, as you know the Democratic mascot is in fact a Donkey, supposedly a male donkey. So by powers of deduction that would make my statement funny because a male donkey is a jackass, and a jackass is the mascot for the Democratic Party, so democratic woman could be referred to as a great piece of ass if you refer to the abbreviation of jackass.

Now if the donkey for the Democratic Party were in fact a female, then she would be referred to as jenny, which would then make my joke invalid.

But it's funny if you don't take it seriously. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
Wrong post for this topic, but I'll explain anyways. Obviously the real phrase would go along the lines "Great piece of ass..." A male donkey is called a jackass and a shorter form of that name would be ass. Now, as you know the Democratic mascot is in fact a Donkey, supposedly a male donkey. So by powers of deduction that would make my statement funny because a male donkey is a jackass, and a jackass is the mascot for the Democratic Party, so democratic woman could be referred to as a great piece of ass if you refer to the abbreviation of jackass.

Now if the donkey for the Democratic Party were in fact a female, then she would be referred to as jenny, which would then make my joke invalid.

But it's funny if you don't take it seriously. :rolleyes:

I got it, Brownie w/ nuts. It wasn't bad! You will grow more powerful in the ways of comedy as you continue your tutelage under the awesome shadow of my burgeoning intellect.

Forum List

Back