Massacre / Gun Control summary

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wolfstrike, Oct 4, 2017.

1. John Shaw

John Shaw VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +947
    It would be just like the Taliban. Ever see those apache videos where the Taliban are running away from explosive 30 mm rounds and hellfire missiles? The Taliban are so outmatched they can't even see the fucking helicopter tearing them to little pieces, because the chopper is so far away. Literally, tearing them to pieces and spraying their body parts across the landscape. It's quite remarkable, really. You almost feel bad for them.

And that's the Taliban. They don't care about death because of their death cult religion. In fact, they love death. Americans aren't like that. A month or two at most, and the American rebels would fold. And whoever didn't would be dead within the next week.

2. Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Bootney Lee Farnsworth Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,410
    How many Taliban are we fighting? Millions?

3. John Shaw

John Shaw VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +947
    Do you think it's going to matter, dude? If there were more of them, the only thing that would change is that more of them would be dying. They have no real way to fight back against the Americans. All they can do is run and hide, and hope we leave some day.

Except in our scenario, they won't ever leave, because America is their home base.

It's like prime Mike Tyson fighting a baby. It doesn't matter if it's one baby or a hundred, or even a thousand. The babies aren't going to be able to put a dent in Mike.

4. CowboyTed

CowboyTed Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,139
    It seems the only people trying to make blame here is the Right Wing... The center andleft have sated, lets wait and see...

I have no clue why this guy did what he did.. Maybe he was pissed off that he couldn't get a ticket to the concert... Maybe going for a record...

Who knows... But I despise people trying to make it out they knew what was going on in his mind... They don't know...

To people who question the amount of guns and ammo he has stockpiled in the room... Well they have a point...

5. Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,410
    I disagree.

Texas alone would be a big chore for the military to control. We have 26 million people and 10x as many guns right now. If we all had the same equipment as an ordinary infantryman, they could bring in the entire military, with all equipment and men, and it would take closer to decades than years for them to win that fight, if at all. I think you are grossly overestimating the control over the ground a military force can have without lots of boots on the ground.
    The entire military does not even have a 10th of the number of currently armed. adult male Texans. They would need at least 3 million more ground infantrymen to be comparable even with their superior personal firearms v. our civilian shit.

None of this is even taking into account the serious political and PR issue the military would have for killing its own citizens.

You could be right, but I just do not see it.

6. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Admiral Rockwell Tory Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,961
    Try 6 weeks.

You need to study history more. Your assessments are indicative that you are not fully aware of the conduct of warfare either today or in the past.

My son, who fought in Afghanistan, would tell you that you are simply full of _________ in regards to the Taliban.

Without getting into too much detail, I will tell you that in exercises I have participated in, teenagers and grandfathers have fought some of our best troops to a standstill with only light weaponry. There are lots of advantages in fighting on your home turf and you don't have to follow the rules.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. John Shaw

John Shaw VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +947
    Well, you guys are entitled to your opinions. Maybe you're right. Maybe not. Hopefully we never have to find out. I highly doubt we will.

I think that, if Americans were all to band together (unlikely) and fight to the bitter end regardless of casualties, then they could win by sheer overwhelming numbers. I just don't see that happening.

8. Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,410
    But, that's what I am telling you. Texas alone would probably win, without any air support or missiles. It wouldn't take everyone banning together. With the political fallout that would result, 1 million would probably be plenty.

But, again. Your entire argument supports the need for citizens to be AT LEAST armed with equipment equal to that of the common infantryman.

9. John Shaw

John Shaw VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +947
    If Texans would be willing to put their families' lives in extreme danger? I guess it's debatable. I feel like you guys are taking a lot of human nature out of the argument though. When people are getting annihilated left and right, and they have no idea where the fire is coming from, their first instinct will be self-preservation and to protect their families. And I think the feeling of hopelessness would lead to a quick surrender. It would be hard, damn hard, to organize with that kind of firepower going to to town on you.

This scenario is also dependent on the military giving no fucks about PR though.

Also, if the real heavy shit came out, like ballistic missiles that can wipe out an entire community ...

Or, God forbid, nuclear weapons ...

In any case, the more you think about it, the more "ifs" "ands", and "buts" start popping up. Chances are, the military itself would be torn between people who would and would not fire upon civilians. And many civilians would want to side with the military because it's the "patriotic" thing to do in their eyes. It's just way too gray of a scenario to reduce to black and white, and try to say for certainty what would happen. I'm questioning whether the weapons themselves would be useful. And I think not, not only because I don't think such a thing could actually happen, but because I think if the rebels won, it would have little to do with bump stocks.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  10. WEATHER53

WEATHER53 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    If I think I need military grade weapons for possible action with the government; I should not have them