Massachusetts State police defy order to release Lt. Gov. Tim Murray crash data

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
State police must release the black-box data from the unmarked Crown Victoria cruiser Lt. Gov. Tim Murray crashed when he said he was going for coffee and surveying storm damage before dawn last month, the secretary of state’s office has ruled in response to a Herald public-records appeal.

But state police officials refused to turn the information over to the Herald yesterday and maintained their original position — that retrieving the data was an “unnecessary step” in the now-closed investigation and that it would give the public a misleading view of the crash.

State police defy order to release Lt. Gov. Tim Murray crash data - BostonHerald.com

But state police officials refused to turn the information over to the Herald yesterday and maintained their original position — that retrieving the data was an “unnecessary step” in the now-closed investigation and that it would give the public a misleading view of the crash.

I feel like I am now safely assuming that something very fishy happened that day.

If nobody was injured, I'm not seeing what the problem here is.

State official driving a State vehicle on official State bidness.

retrieving the data was an “unnecessary step” in the now-closed investigation and that it would give the public a misleading view of the crash

They are hiding something.

I feel like I am now safely assuming that something very fishy happened that day.

I heard a state police rep on 96.9 yesterday morning and he said "The data on the device is misleading" or something along those lines.

Yeah....he was probably speeding and drunk LOL.

I heard a state police rep on 96.9 yesterday morning and he said "The data on the device is misleading" or something along those lines.

Yeah....he was probably speeding and drunk LOL.

Misleading, my ass.

Release the data.

kind of a stupid thing to refuse......

if they had just released the data, no one would have raised any questions.....

now that they wont, it makes it seem like some sort of conspiracy.......

Massachusetts is very corrupt, so this doesn't surprise me. One of the reasons I moved away

If nobody was injured, I'm not seeing what the problem here is.

State official driving a State vehicle on official State bidness.

retrieving the data was an “unnecessary step” in the now-closed investigation and that it would give the public a misleading view of the crash

They are hiding something.
Gotta agree with you on this one. It's State...err...uhmm...property of the people involved since thier taxes payed for it.
Transparency don't ya know?

Forum List

Back