Massachusetts Spending Millions in Earmarks on Kennedy Legacy

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
If this isn't the biggest hypocritical thing I've ever seen. The whole country is broke, record numbers of people are out of work, the government is castigating companies for throwing parties with bail out money, but when it comes to the POLITICIANS..... FUCK IT..... THEY'RE GOING TO SPEND MONEY AND SCREW ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY THAT DOESN'T LIKE IT.... YOU CAN KISS THEIR COLLECTIVE ASS.....

Massachusetts Spending Millions in Earmarks on Kennedy Legacy

More than one out of every five dollars of the $126 million Massachusetts is receiving in earmarks from a $410 billion federal spending package is going to help preserve the legacy of the Kennedys.

BOSTON – More than one out of every five dollars of the $126 million Massachusetts is receiving in earmarks from a $410 billion federal spending package is going to help preserve the legacy of the Kennedys.

The bill includes $5.8 million for the planning and design of a building to house a new Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the Senate. The funding may also help support an endowment for the institute.

The bill also includes $22 million to expand facilities at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum and $5 million more for a new gateway to the Boston Harbor Islands on the Rose Kennedy Greenway, a park system in downtown Boston named after Kennedy's mother and built on land opened up by the Big Dig highway project.

Massachusetts Spending Millions in Earmarks on Kennedy Legacy - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Last edited:
Poor use of money at this time. Get the jobs, then worry about his legacy.

Why do these people who have had fame all their life, need more fame? Why do we need presidential libraries when we don't have enough good public libraries?

Why do these people who have had fame all their life, need more fame? Why do we need presidential libraries when we don't have enough good public libraries?

I agree that it is poor use of money right now.

Kennedy is powerful in the senate and is an excellent fundraisor in general. He's done a lot for his state over the years and even though he is in such bad shape healthwise, he continues to work for Democrats.

Some hate the guy but he admittedly has been a force in the senate for many years.

Investing in education, parks and libraries is a bad use of the stimulus money?

Interesting theory.

How about some of this money going to build a new Edward M. Kennedy memorial bridge on Chappaquiddick Island?

Last edited:

I agree that it is poor use of money right now.

Kennedy is powerful in the senate and is an excellent fundraisor in general. He's done a lot for his state over the years and even though he is in such bad shape healthwise, he continues to work for Democrats.

Some hate the guy but he admittedly has been a force in the senate for many years.

the way I read the article the legacy is for the Kennedy Family,, now if we are speaking of a Ted Kennedy legacy, all the need do really is cast a bronze statute of Mary Jo Kophecne,, and place it in the front hallway.. Nuff said.

The point is the Kennedys are all FILTHY rich. They call their family "Camelot." Now with all the hard times and strife in the country right now, why in the HELL do we need to spend MILLIONS of TAX PAYERS DOLLARS on some rich mother fucker that isn't even DEAD YET?! One can SMELL the hypocrisy, and it only goes to show that there's one set of rules for politicians, and another set of rules for you and I. They get what they want, when they want, and we get fucked with the bill.

I grow more weary of reading about politicians by the day. I don't think I'd piss on a one of them if they were on fire. Some are worse than others, but they're all part of the good ole boy club up there on the hill, dem and repub alike. Best thing I've done in years was to leave the republican party and register independent.

Forum List

Back