Mass stabbing in Florida - it's time to implement knife control.

Knives are bad enough to be banned.

Hammers? A little more dangerous? Especially the roofing kind with the hatchet blade on one end!

And then there are nail GUNS. Wasn't that long we read about a woman being slaughtered in her bed, nailed to her own pillow!

Guilty verdict in nail gun killing

What's the common ingredient?

Construction.

We must immediately cease issuing building permits and jail anyone who tries to put two sticks together using anything other than milk-based glue. But wait....some people are allergic to milk........

Rage on liberals, there's no lack of material for you to ban!

Maybe next time you could let the blood on the knife dry before you use the tragedy for winning points on a political forum.

Just a thought
Coming from the party the politicizes every shooting.

Can you provide a few links to the Libertarian party politicizing some shootings?

Thanks, I will be waiting.
Are you a libertarian?

Since 1996
You would never have anything to say about guns after mass shootings, right?

Maybe next time you could let the blood on the knife dry before you use the tragedy for winning points on a political forum.

Just a thought

Can you provide a few links to the Libertarian party politicizing some shootings?

Are you a libertarian?

Since 1996

That is correct

Knives are bad enough to be banned.

Hammers? A little more dangerous? Especially the roofing kind with the hatchet blade on one end!

And then there are nail GUNS. Wasn't that long we read about a woman being slaughtered in her bed, nailed to her own pillow!

Guilty verdict in nail gun killing

What's the common ingredient?

Construction.

We must immediately cease issuing building permits and jail anyone who tries to put two sticks together using anything other than milk-based glue. But wait....some people are allergic to milk........

Rage on liberals, there's no lack of material for you to ban!

Yep.....and on top of that....every single mass shooter in this country.....lived in a building before the mass shooting.....so obviously, buildings need to be banned....

Are you a libertarian?

Since 1996

That is correct
Then i apologize for suggesting that you did. You have the right to criticize because, you arent a hypocrite.

This makes the point I've been making very clear. These people won't be stopped by taking away guns. They will find ways to kill people. Knives, cars, bombs etc. It's not the weapon. It's PERSON!
The problem with your argument, is that a knife is not a very effective weapon against a crowd. If the gunman in El Paso used a knife instead of a gun, most of the 20 killed would not even have been injured.

Gun manufactures have done a great job at creating weapons that can kill large numbers of people in a matter of seconds or minutes. And unlike a killer with a knife, a gunman with the right weapon does not need a great deal of experience or physical strength. In the US, 70% of people murdered died of gun shot wounds.
How 'bout a pipe bomb? Would that wipe out a gathering?
They are not regulated because they are illegal.

This makes the point I've been making very clear. These people won't be stopped by taking away guns. They will find ways to kill people. Knives, cars, bombs etc. It's not the weapon. It's PERSON!
The problem with your argument, is that a knife is not a very effective weapon against a crowd. If the gunman in El Paso used a knife instead of a gun, most of the 20 killed would not even have been injured.

Gun manufactures have done a great job at creating weapons that can kill large numbers of people in a matter of seconds or minutes. And unlike a killer with a knife, a gunman with the right weapon does not need a great deal of experience or physical strength. In the US, 70% of people murdered died of gun shot wounds.
You can make a homemade explosive from things you can get at Home Depot and kill just as many people as you can with a rifle and you don’t even have to stay present at the attack location and get killed or captured. Your argument is a non starter.

Are you a libertarian?

Since 1996

That is correct
Then i apologize for suggesting that you did. You have the right to criticize because, you arent a hypocrite.

I despise the people from both sides that play this game, they are on this forum making post before the blood is even dry.

The worst is the “well they do it too” excuse, like that somehow makes it ok for them to do it. Most people lear that is not a good excuse growing up

Are you a libertarian?

Since 1996

That is correct

I despise the people from both sides that play this game, they are on this forum making post before the blood is even dry.

The worst is the “well they do it too” excuse, like that somehow makes it ok for them to do it. Most people lear that is not a good excuse growing up
when i first got here we locked horns. a lot. looking back i likely came in supporting the right but thought i was trying to keep an open mind. while i disagreed with a lot of the things the VOCAL right on here said, i never really mixed it up with them at first. but i couldn't reject what was plainly obvious regardless of the inner cause i may have felt at the time. the extremes are the ones driving this and both do the same thing for their own reasons. i had to change my mindset.

however, these "actions" are ok for my reasons, not yours. and the "well they did it too" is true. 100%. but that doesn't make it NOT stupid as fuck.

it seems both sides look for their target demographic to do something so they can use that to prove THEIR point OF WHICH, the other side has already seen a dozen times over and didn't care for any of those, they won't for this.

these days i simply put the loudest and most stupid from both sides on ignore and only see the shit when i have a lapse of common sense and hit "show ignored content" to see who's talking to who. that really is a bad idea.

lately i come in here and the main political forum will have 2 threads i see. the rest are started by idiots screaming at "THE OTHER SIDE" and since the advent of the first alt.poltical.newsgroup, that has never worked to change a thing. it's just venting.

venting, pointless, and doesn't change a thing. it obviously must not work, this venting, cause it keeps happening cause it didn't change anything.

i couldn't get past the 2nd person in the debates last night, was "common sense gun laws" a huge issue or did they spend all their time tearing each other up?

Last edited:
Yep. But it's a matter of scale. The fewer assault rifles, the fewer innocent little schoolkids with their brains splattered on the classroom floor.

The life of a single child is worth all the phukking assault rifles in private hands across the entire country... with change left over.

Last edited:
Yep. But it's a matter of scale. The fewer assault rifles, the fewer innocent little schoolkids with their brains splattered on the classroom floor.

The life of a single child is worth all the phukking assault rifles in private hands across the entire country... with change left over.
to use your terminology - HORSESHIT.

we have more gun laws than ever, yet...

just because you and the rabid left have tried to assign a known term "assault rifle" to a semi-automatic that "looks nasty" doesn't change facts. why not look up the original "assault rifle" and tell me how close the AR is to that.

then again, don't. you're just going to come back screaming baby-killer and shit.

Ya know what we DON'T have?

Universal background checks and a ban on assault weapons.

Thank you Moscow Mitch

Ya know what we DON'T have?

Universal background checks and a ban on assault weapons.

Thank you Moscow Mitch
we'd be much better served fixing the holes in our current background checks than sending more people through a broken process. but hey - eat the pills the left gives you. no need to think. THEY will tell you what "common sense" is and unfortunately, you simply don't have enough of it (common sense) to know what it actually is. (common sense).

we also don't have a clear understanding of when a gun goes from your standard semi-automatic to "assault" - except when it suits the left and to be blunt, fuck that.

to use your terminology - HORSESHIT.

we have more gun laws than ever, yet...

just because you and the rabid left have tried to assign a known term "assault rifle" to a semi-automatic that "looks nasty" doesn't change facts. why not look up the original "assault rifle" and tell me how close the AR is to that.

then again, don't. you're just going to come back screaming baby-killer and shit.
To the devil with your 'fine distinctions'.

We have hundreds of schoolchildren dying from these mass-shootings.

Time to either (a) take-away the goddamned AR-15s and AK-47s or invent an entirely new high-end Licensing Category for same.

And to make it a genuine challenge to attain such an exalted licensing status.

---------

I fully support the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms that it confers upon our countrymen, however...

Frankly, I don't give a good goddamn about your so-called "right" to own these phukking assault rifles.

What I care about is the lives of little children.

Last edited:
Uff....
Again, that was The Point!

My namecalling is righteous. Your self awareness is noexistent.

You're actually making the case that attacks with a knife are not only not comparable to AR/AK attacks but that the duration and effectiveness of knife attacks are easily curtailed by bystanders.

You're making the case as to why a ban would be effective.

Namecalling is never righteous. Denigrating others is also never righteous.

NO!!! I said just the opposite. I said the folks that were attacked by the guy with a knife used office stuff (chairs, other things) to fend him off. That 'stuff' was equal weapon power to his knife.

IF he had an AR, those people would NOT have equal weapon power BECAUSE gun-grabbing demagogues have precluded gun ownership by pretending that guns themselves are 'bad.' Well, 'bad' guns (like the AR according to Democrats) exist and will exist and will be used by EVIL people. YOU want people to be disarmed in the face of EVIL. Get it yet? I bet you want to disarm our military as well.

You're still not aware that you're making the case that knife attacks are less lethal and easily defeated by bystanders.

You're rufuting the OP. Not supporting it.

Gun attacks are easily defeated by bystanders with guns. Knives can easily kill many people, particularly when the people are unarmed.

Under strict gun laws, Japan's mass killers must rely on knives instead

The reality, as opposed to the pie in the sky stuff, is that guns are in the US in large numbers. Criminals will NOT give them up. If we sevely restrict law abiding citiizens to have guns, we will be at a decided disadvantage. Even the UK has a SWAT team with guns because they realize they can't fight criminals with guns with batons.

The vast majoirty of people pushing for more gun control have ZERO experience with guns.

I have plenty of experience. It's exactly that experience that informs my opinion. As an Army veteran, I know the the power and capabilities afforded by the preferred weapons of mass shooters and they have no place in the civilian world.
Neither do mass shooters themselves. Let's just eliminate them. But until that happens, I'll keep my AR-15 to at least have a chance against them.

That's dopey AF.
What...you're just gonna carry an AR everywhere?

Brilliant.

So far no dead. Yeah a lot less deadly than our shootings.
Totally missed the point. Time to change your username bro.
You seem to have missed my point. You prefer killers have the most dangerous weapons?
No but I do prefer to have access to the same dangerous weapons as killers. Why should I, a law abiding gun owner, only be allowed to own certain guns while criminals will acquire them without regard to that law? This is why you people are insane
Planning a mass shooting are you? How many shootouts with bad guys you been in?
This is why you people are insane. Why do I have to be planning a shooting or have had a shootout with a bad guy to want to be able to be equal to criminals? What is so foreign about the concept of preparedness with you people? I mean Jesus Christ I hope I NEVER have to use my firearms to protect myself in a situation but it’s nice to know they’re there if I ever do need them.

You're missing the point. You feel the need to have commensurate firepower to "criminals". IOW, you need a gun because the other guy has one. This is the problem with America's gun culture. The common denominator and the driver of the arms escalation in our society is the availability of the guns themselves.

Everywhere has gangs and crime. Our criminals are just better armed.

Make ya a deal.....

MANDATORY........ disarm ALL Leftists.......

Then any perceived gun problem will vanish
Leftists are scared of guns remember? Who are these angry white males shooting up everywhere?
Apparently you've never been downtown in any major U.S. city after ten at night (when most homicides occur). Not a white male to be found.
Apparently you've never been downtown in any major U.S. city after ten at night (when most homicides occur). Not a white male to be found.
That is the dumbest shit I've ever heard from what I assume is a grown man.
Obviously you have never been out of your trailer park.

Won’t happen. That mostly happens to people involved in criminal activity, I’m not.

So, you acknowledge that most gun owners are not criminals even if they own 'scary' guns and criminals that own guns somehow magically will avoid those who are not themselves criminals. That kinda shoots down the need for gun control.
Lotta not criminals in those mass shootings and school shootings. Innocent people get hit by strays. Those things are extremely rare where there is gun control.

If "not criminals" were armed, the perp would be ventilated with aimed bullets, not 'strays.'
Lots of death at mass shootings even when law enforcement is present,

Perps always stopped when ‘good guns’ arrive.
Just 10 or so bodies too late.

Just a thought
I'm not out to win points dumass. I'm out to ridicule you worthless leftist traitor wannabe's.
What a crock. Of course political points were your motive...and you failed.

Five people injured...no one died. Imagine what the carnage would have been had the creep used an assault rifle
There is carnage every day with guns, pistols, rifles. Which is exactly why I am armed. You failed to see the point of the op, which is ever-increasing governmental control over a naive populace.
There is carnage every day with guns, pistols, rifles. Which is exactly why I am armed

Yes. Guns are a problem.

Forum List

Back