Mass shootings now ho hum.....

A distinction without a difference

Any member of the military can be called a soldier

Bullshit! You obviously have never served in the military.

Sailors would never tolerate being called a soldier. If you think that is bad, walk up to a Marine and call him a soldier to see what happens!

My son, daughter, and daughter-in-law were all soldiers. My son-in-law is an airman. I was a sailor and never the twain shall meet.

Look in the dictionary.

IDGAF what the word makes you feel the term is still correct
No, hes right. If you call anyone in the Navy "soldier", they would immediately correct you. They wouldnt kick your ass, or even get angry, but i promise they would correct you. Same would go for any Marine. "Im not a soldier, im a Marine". Thats literally what they will tell you, word for word.

They can't correct me if I am not wrong

and I'm not

Were you ever in the military? If you had been, you would know you are wrong.

I'm not wrong as the definitions I have provided prove.

Your problem is you parrot back what your superiors tell to to parrot back.

You want to quibble over semantics.

Sailors would never tolerate being called a soldier. If you think that is bad, walk up to a Marine and call him a soldier to see what happens!

My son, daughter, and daughter-in-law were all soldiers. My son-in-law is an airman. I was a sailor and never the twain shall meet.

Look in the dictionary.

No, hes right. If you call anyone in the Navy "soldier", they would immediately correct you. They wouldnt kick your ass, or even get angry, but i promise they would correct you. Same would go for any Marine. "Im not a soldier, im a Marine". Thats literally what they will tell you, word for word.

and I'm not

Parrot? I have been associated with the military since I was 13. I am 59. I was in ROTC, the Navy, Navy Reserve, worked for the DoD, and the Army. I trained troops from the Army, Navy, and Air Force.

My father, uncles, son, daughter, ex-son-in-law, son-in-law, nephews and their wives.all served or are serving in the various branches of the military.

I obviously don't know a damn thing!

Last edited:
Look in the dictionary.

and I'm not

Parrot? I have been associated with the military since I was 13. I am 59. I was in ROTC, the Navy, Navy Reserve, worked for the DoD, and the Army. I trained troops from the Army, Navy, and Air Force.

Parrot.

They got you young so you are irreversibly programmed

and I'm not

Parrot.

I have a much better explanation that is extremely more likely. You are a fucktard who talks out of his ass and then gets pissed off when proven wrong.

and I'm not

Parrot.

I have a much better explanation that is extremely more likely. You are a fucktard who talks out of his ass and then gets pissed off when proven wrong.
You didn't prove me wrong as I have provided definitions of the word soldier that support my position that anyone in the military can be called a soldier

ANd you're the one throwing a tantrum, stamping your feet and calling me names so who is the pissed off fucktard here?

Look in the dictionary.

Well, technically, saying a person is a soldier SERVING in the Marine Corps would be correct.

Same with being a soldier serving in the Navy, or Air Force, or Coast Guard. Referring to someone who is actively serving in the military as a soldier applies equally to all the branches. It is the correct generic term for all military fighting men.

An "army" is any group of fighting men of war. Whether they're on land, or in the air, or on the water, or now even in space, they're all soldiers serving in different capacities.

I quoted the definition. You are incapable of grasping the truth.

I have never been a soldier, and I never will be. My son, daughter, and son-in-law will never be sailors.
Think whatever ya want, makes no damn difference to me.

But anyone serving in the military is technically a soldier. They serve in difference branches of military, but they are ALL soldiers, period.

You claiming you were a sailor doesn't imply you ever served in the military. You can be a civilian and be a sailor, on a cruise ship or some shit. But when you serve in the military in a war capacity as a sailor, you are a SOLDIER.

Last edited:

Look in the dictionary.

Well, technically, saying a person is a soldier SERVING in the Marine Corps would be correct.

Same with being a soldier serving in the Navy, or Air Force, or Coast Guard. Referring to someone who is actively serving in the military as a soldier applies equally to all the branches. It is the correct generic term for all military fighting men.

An "army" is any group of fighting men of war. Whether they're on land, or in the air, or on the water, or now even in space, they're all soldiers serving in different capacities.

I have never been a soldier, and I never will be. My son, daughter, and son-in-law will never be sailors.

But anyone serving in the military is technically a soldier. They serve in difference branches of military, but they are ALL soldiers, period.

You claiming you were a sailor doesn't imply you ever served in the military. You can be a civilian and be a sailor, on a cruise ship or some shit. But when you serve in the military in a war capacity as a sailor, you are a SOLDIER.

How many people have agreed with you? None!

It is very simple. You are a fucktard.

Look in the dictionary.

How to Use Soldiers, marines, airmen, sailors Correctly – Grammarist

Military - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't call a Marine a soldier or sailor

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-U-S-A...t-about-in-the-National-Guard-and-Coast-Guard

Quadruple Threat: Soldier, Sailor, Airman and Marine, All Rolled Into One

A Marine, a Soldier and a Sailor Walk into a Ship's Chapel

Look in the dictionary.

How to Use Soldiers, marines, airmen, sailors Correctly – Grammarist

Military - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't call a Marine a soldier or sailor

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-U-S-A...t-about-in-the-National-Guard-and-Coast-Guard

Quadruple Threat: Soldier, Sailor, Airman and Marine, All Rolled Into One

A Marine, a Soldier and a Sailor Walk into a Ship's Chapel

I learned the Marine is referred to as a jar head, and a sailor a squid.

The Overwhelming number of Mass Shootings are carried out by Islam or leftists, with the Overwhelming number of targets being Christians, Jews, and Conservatives.

Look in the dictionary.

And you are acting like a fucking child

You are a dumbass, and are not acting!

Wow what a rapier like wit I am cut to the quick by your third grade insult skills

white guys can't stop their murderous shooting sprees,

Ummmmm are you unable to tell the difference between white men and men who aren't white?
The shootings that just took place don't conform to your narrative despite your best efforts to make it so.

He always finds a way to twist every story into a condemnation of conservative, white America, one way or another.

Yeah, it's women's fault that white guys can't stop their murderous shooting sprees, you simply cannot expect white men to be responsible for their own behavior.
And it will only get worse. Your agendas have consequences. People have been driven insane. Humans are not that adaptable it seems. Wait until a weapon of mass destruction or more are used. Expect more and more men to do criminal acts. And then more men then that. Hell, even some women will get involved. The demographics of men is growing poverty for many. That is just one small smidgen of the agendas cause and affect.

A lot of people are likely to be copycats, doing this kind of deed for the publicity.
Modern day Herostratuses working to get their names into infamy by committing horrific crimes.

Downplaying the events might well reduce their incidence.

Wow what a rapier like wit I am cut to the quick by your third grade insult skills

You have nothing.

You have nothing.
You have less than nothing

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You have nothing.
You have less than nothing

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have had two careers, in teaching and in the military. You can't even use the term "soldier" appropriately.

Forum List

Back