Mass shootings now ho hum.....

Why do you quote my post to agree with me? It looks like you are trying to prove me wrong, when I said the same thing you did.

However, I think you for your support in my contention.

So when you reply to my post call me dumb ass and say it was "made up" that was you agreeing with me?

You said he was a soldier and then corrected your mistake.

A distinction without a difference

Any member of the military can be called a soldier

Why do you quote my post to agree with me? It looks like you are trying to prove me wrong, when I said the same thing you did.

So when you reply to my post call me dumb ass and say it was "made up" that was you agreeing with me?

Bullshit! You obviously have never served in the military.

Sailors would never tolerate being called a soldier. If you think that is bad, walk up to a Marine and call him a soldier to see what happens!

My son, daughter, and daughter-in-law were all soldiers. My son-in-law is an airman. I was a sailor and never the twain shall meet.

Call a US Navy sailor "soldier" sometime, and see what kind of reaction you get.

Call a US Navy sailor "soldier" sometime, and see what kind of reaction you get.

Probably a mop beating !

Not my fault if those swabbies are too stupid to know the definition of the word.

Sailors would never tolerate being called a soldier. If you think that is bad, walk up to a Marine and call him a soldier to see what happens!

My son, daughter, and daughter-in-law were all soldiers. My son-in-law is an airman. I was a sailor and never the twain shall meet.

Look in the dictionary.

IDGAF what the word makes you feel the term is still correct

Not my fault if those swabbies are too stupid to know the definition of the word.

Sorry, but there is a definite difference between the Navy and all other branches of the service. Did you know that the Navy has never drafted anyone, even in Viet Nam? In order to serve onboard a ship, you had to volunteer for it. Additionally, the US Navy Crackerjack uniform is the most recognized uniform on the planet.

Probably a mop beating !
------------------------------------- or they'll pizz their panties right then and there eh .

Look in the dictionary.

sol·dier - a person who serves in an army
https://www.google.com/search?q=soldier+definition&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS736US736&oq=soldier+definition&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.6751j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

OK. I guess I just proved you are dumbass of epic proportions. Now what do you have?

A red face from the embarrassment would be appropriate

Look in the dictionary.

No, hes right. If you call anyone in the Navy "soldier", they would immediately correct you. They wouldnt kick your ass, or even get angry, but i promise they would correct you. Same would go for any Marine. "Im not a soldier, im a Marine". Thats literally what they will tell you, word for word.

Last edited:

Look in the dictionary.

No, hes right. If you call anyone in the Navy "soldier", they would immediately correct you. They wouldnt kick your ass, or even get angry, but i promise they would correct you. Same would go for any Marine. "Im not a soldier, im a Marine". Thats literally what they will tell you, word for word.
Marine = Sodier not smart enough to run a boat but much more willing to attend hands free mine detection competitions :stir:

The Navy is the only military service sanctioned by the Constitution.

it most certainly is not. “Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution provides Congress authority to raise and support Armies and to provide and maintain a Navy.” The Army pre-dates the Constitution & is the oldest military branch in the US military.

Look in the dictionary.

Well, technically, saying a person is a soldier SERVING in the Marine Corps would be correct.

Same with being a soldier serving in the Navy, or Air Force, or Coast Guard. Referring to someone who is actively serving in the military as a soldier applies equally to all the branches. It is the correct generic term for all military fighting men.

An "army" is any group of fighting men of war. Whether they're on land, or in the air, or on the water, or now even in space, they're all soldiers serving in different capacities.

Last edited:

Sorry, but there is a definite difference between the Navy and all other branches of the service. Did you know that the Navy has never drafted anyone, even in Viet Nam? In order to serve onboard a ship, you had to volunteer for it. Additionally, the US Navy Crackerjack uniform is the most recognized uniform on the planet.
The definition of a soldier is one who serves in a military.

You want to quibble over semantics.

Look in the dictionary.

They can't correct me if I am not wrong

and I'm not

Look in the dictionary.

https://www.google.com/search?q=soldier+definition&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS736US736&oq=soldier+definition&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.6751j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

OK. I guess I just proved you are dumbass of epic proportions. Now what do you have?

Definition of soldier | Dictionary.com

a person who serves in an army; a person engaged in military service.
an enlisted man or woman
, as distinguished from a commissioned officer: the soldiers' mess and the officers' mess.
a person of military skill or experience:

Look in the dictionary.

Well, technically, saying a person is a soldier SERVING in the Marine Corps would be correct.

Same with being a soldier serving in the Navy, or Air Force, or Coast Guard. Referring to someone who is actively serving in the military as a soldier applies equally to all the branches. It is the correct generic term for all military fighting men.

An "army" is any group of fighting men of war. Whether they're on land, or in the air, or on the water, or now even in space, they're all soldiers serving in different capacities.

I quoted the definition. You are incapable of grasping the truth.

I have never been a soldier, and I never will be. My son, daughter, and son-in-law will never be sailors.

Look in the dictionary.

Definition of soldier | Dictionary.com

a person who serves in an army; a person engaged in military service.
an enlisted man or woman
, as distinguished from a commissioned officer: the soldiers' mess and the officers' mess.
a person of military skill or experience:

So as an enlisted man in the Navy I would be a soldier, but when I was commissioned I ceased to be a soldier?

That's how screwed up that definition is!

Look in the dictionary.

They can't correct me if I am not wrong

and I'm not

Were you ever in the military? If you had been, you would know you are wrong.

The Navy is the only military service sanctioned by the Constitution.

it most certainly is not. “Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution provides Congress authority to raise and support Armies and to provide and maintain a Navy.” The Army pre-dates the Constitution & is the oldest military branch in the US military.

The Army, Navy, and Marine Corps were all formed in June, October, and November of 1775 respectively.. The Marine Corps is still part of the Navy Department.

Forum List

Back