Mass shooters target gun-free zones

Only a tiny percent of people carry. Gun free zone or not the criminal is unlikely to run into one. And since they are suicidal it is unlikely it would change their actions.
Of course it would change their actions - they would commit suicide earlier and with less dead innocents.

Actions changed.

They would commit suicide faster, because they would be afraid they might get shot?

OOOOOOOKAY!
Stop being insanely obtuse.

They commit suicide when they encounter resistance. They may encounter that resistance in 10 minuets when the cops get there or in 1 min with an armed citizen.

Based on the number of people who choose to carry the citizen scenario is extremely rare. The criminal won't change his target based on something very unlikely to happen.

What are you gibbering about...when confronted by an armed person, mass shooters WITHOUT EXCEPTION stop what they are doing. And mass murderers 97 percent of the time target areas that have advertised their vulnerability.

You seem really slow. Advertised or not the criminal is very unlikely to run into your armed hero. Why is that so hard for you to get?

Yeah...each year mass shootings kill less than 75 people...

according to bill clinton and his Department of Justice, Americans use guns 1.5 million times each uear to stop violent criminal attack...

funny how you always over look the times that guns save lives...

let's see...can you tell which number is bigger....

75 victims in a bad year

1.5 million violent crimes stopped.....

keeping in mind that you guys have created the gun free zones that allow these guys to kill those people.

Gee, the lie was "over 2 million times" a few weeks ago.

Were you lying then or lying now? Or lying both times?

No...the average of all the studies done over 40 years, showed that Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack 2 million times a year....I post the 1.5 number because that is the number that bill clinton found through his anti gun study.....

I don't loe...I am not a lefty.

You can't even show your number is mathematically possible.

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)
DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)
Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Yes I see you copy and pasted AGAIN. I don't see where you show your number is mathematically possible based on gun ownership and crime rates.

The vast majority of your pasted studies say less than 2 million.

Of course it would change their actions - they would commit suicide earlier and with less dead innocents.

Actions changed.

They would commit suicide faster, because they would be afraid they might get shot?

OOOOOOOKAY!
Stop being insanely obtuse.

They commit suicide when they encounter resistance. They may encounter that resistance in 10 minuets when the cops get there or in 1 min with an armed citizen.

Based on the number of people who choose to carry the citizen scenario is extremely rare. The criminal won't change his target based on something very unlikely to happen.

What are you gibbering about...when confronted by an armed person, mass shooters WITHOUT EXCEPTION stop what they are doing. And mass murderers 97 percent of the time target areas that have advertised their vulnerability.

You seem really slow. Advertised or not the criminal is very unlikely to run into your armed hero. Why is that so hard for you to get?

and in many cases they have and they have been stopped.....we want people to have the chance to live..you want them without a gun when the killer crosses their path...

If someone in that classroom, or more than one,,,those people would be alive. And no, the guy with the concealed gun permit....one in 3,000 people, 200 yards away when the shooting started...does not count as a reason to deny everyone else a chance to live.

Yeah...each year mass shootings kill less than 75 people...

according to bill clinton and his Department of Justice, Americans use guns 1.5 million times each uear to stop violent criminal attack...

funny how you always over look the times that guns save lives...

let's see...can you tell which number is bigger....

75 victims in a bad year

1.5 million violent crimes stopped.....

keeping in mind that you guys have created the gun free zones that allow these guys to kill those people.

No...the average of all the studies done over 40 years, showed that Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack 2 million times a year....I post the 1.5 number because that is the number that bill clinton found through his anti gun study.....

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

--------------------

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Yes I see you copy and pasted AGAIN. I don't see where you show your number is mathematically possible based on gun ownership and crime rates.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

[/QUOTE]

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

[/QUOTE]

So like I said it's not even mathematically possible. Thank you.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

So like I said it's not even mathematically possible. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Maybe one day the statistics will sink in ....

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

[/QUOTE]

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

You claim 2 million even though the vast majority of your studies say less. Averaging is obviously just silly. The biggest one you can't even prove exists and second biggest wasn't even national. You number is a joke.

I'm still wrestling with the argument that a gunner intent on killing people and then himself is going to cut short his plan to avoid getting killed... I may have to think about that for a couple of days.
If you would stop making shit up then you wouldn't have to think so hard about it.

No one claims a mass killer/suicide cuts his plan short to avoid death. What a mass killer/suicide does is plan on maximizing his death toll before taking himself out. An armed citizen forces that plan to happen FASTER (aka killer commits suicide) long before the police can even arrive. Advertised areas where there are no guns ensure that the killer can MAXIMIZE the death toll before dying - the goal for them.

It is easier for a mass shooter to get a gun in this country than any other country on the planet.

Typical liberal...their bullshit gets shot down in another thread so they try it in another.
Nope it works in every thread. I believe we have more mass shootings than the next like 10 - 15 countries combined. Something you must be very proud of.

you think it might be the schooling and parenting and not the gun?

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

[/QUOTE]

You claim 2 million even though the vast majority of your studies say less. Averaging is obviously just silly. The biggest one you can't even prove exists and second biggest wasn't even national. You number is a joke.[/QUOTE]

I know of nobody who deterred a crime using a gun.
I know of nobody who knows of anyone who actually deterred a crime using a gun.
Most here, if they were honest, would agree that they know of nobody who deterred a crime using a gun.

Folks, if this story were true. you'd hear gunfire all day, every day; you wouldn't be able to pick up a newspaper or log on to a news website without there being 20 stories about how you or your neighbors stopped a crime.

With as much attention as gun play gets in today's society, it would be highlighted. Instead, outside of possibly one or two stories you hear a week; nothing.

I'll put it this way.

When you turned on the Super Bowl this year, you saw about 80,000 people in the stadium. Take that stadium and imagine 12 other stadiums that are filled too; same size. That will be 960,000 people.

Now take those 13 stadiums and DOUBLE IT.

When you do that; you STILL WOULD NOT imagine enough people to fulfill the claim of 2aguy that over 2,000,000 people stopped violent crime last year (and every year before that in recent memory) using guns.

Here is yet another way to put it:

Giant's Stadium: holds about 80,000 folks. Here is a visual of how many people I referenced above....(sort of)

upload_2015-10-9_6-40-24.jpeg
upload_2015-10-9_6-40-25.jpeg
upload_2015-10-9_6-40-26.jpeg
upload_2015-10-9_6-40-27.jpeg
upload_2015-10-9_6-40-28.jpeg
upload_2015-10-9_6-40-29.jpeg
upload_2015-10-9_6-40-29.jpeg
upload_2015-10-9_6-40-30.jpeg
upload_2015-10-9_6-40-31.jpeg
upload_2015-10-9_6-40-31.jpeg
upload_2015-10-9_6-40-32.jpeg
upload_2015-10-9_6-40-33.jpeg
upload_2015-10-9_6-40-33.jpeg
upload_2015-10-9_6-40-34.jpeg
upload_2015-10-9_6-40-35.jpeg

Forum rules will only allow me to publish 15 pictures....80,000 x 15 is 1.2 million folks. Still 800,000 short of the AVERAGE number 2aguy says used guns to stop a violent crime last year alone

This doesn't account for all of the previous years.

Nor does it account for the inherent lie that if the crime was prevented; how does one know if it were going to be a violent crime???

Anyway, it would take 25 Giants Stadiums to seat everyone who used a gun last year to stop a crime according to that moron. Didn't happen. Didn't happen in any of our lifetimes.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

You claim 2 million even though the vast majority of your studies say less. Averaging is obviously just silly. The biggest one you can't even prove exists and second biggest wasn't even national. You number is a joke.[/QUOTE]

I know of nobody who deterred a crime using a gun.
I know of nobody who knows of anyone who actually deterred a crime using a gun.
Most here, if they were honest, would agree that they know of nobody who deterred a crime using a gun.

Folks, if this story were true. you'd hear gunfire all day, every day; you wouldn't be able to pick up a newspaper or log on to a news website without there being 20 stories about how you or your neighbors stopped a crime.

With as much attention as gun play gets in today's society, it would be highlighted. Instead, outside of possibly one or two stories you hear a week; nothing.[/QUOTE]

I do not personally know any family where the family was tied up, the young son was tortured to get the parent's to comply and then the father was beaten to death with a baseball bat, the mother stabbed to death and the son and housekeeper were also murdered…this actually happened in Vice President Joe Biden's neighborhood……

And yet though I don't know anyone who this ever happened to….it happened…..right? It isn't a fairy tale..right?

I don't personally know any woman who has been brutally raped beaten and murdered…but it has happened..right?

Bill Clinton initiated a study on gun self defense to debunk Dr. GaryKleck's study….he used his Dept. of Justice and they hired two rabidly anti gun researchers to create a study to debunk Kleck……they created the study, they implemented the study, and what did they find? That Americans use guns 1.5 million timed s year to stop violent criminal attack and save lives. Kleck put the number at around 2 million based on all the studies on the topic….but bill clinton found 1.5 million times……..not the NRA, bill clinton.

I'll put it this way.

When you turned on the Super Bowl this year, you saw about 80,000 people in the stadium. Take that stadium and imagine 12 other stadiums that are filled too; same size. That will be 960,000 people.

Now take those 13 stadiums and DOUBLE IT.

When you do that; you STILL WOULD NOT imagine enough people to fulfill the claim of 2aguy that over 2,000,000 people stopped violent crime last year (and every year before that in recent memory) using guns.

Here is yet another way to put it:

Giant's Stadium: holds about 80,000 folks. Here is a visual of how many people I referenced above....(sort of)

View attachment 52022View attachment 52023View attachment 52024View attachment 52025View attachment 52026View attachment 52027View attachment 52028View attachment 52029View attachment 52030View attachment 52031View attachment 52032View attachment 52033View attachment 52034View attachment 52035View attachment 52036

Forum rules will only allow me to publish 15 pictures....80,000 x 15 is 1.2 million folks. Still 800,000 short of the AVERAGE number 2aguy says used guns to stop a violent crime last year alone

This doesn't account for all of the previous years.

Nor does it account for the inherent lie that if the crime was prevented; how does one know if it were going to be a violent crime???

Anyway, it would take 25 Giants Stadiums to seat everyone who used a gun last year to stop a crime according to that moron. Didn't happen. Didn't happen in any of our lifetimes.

From actual research by trained researchers…..

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tell us something we don't already know. And America is not alone in being affected by this phenomenon.

Of course, it's just..to use a term the gun grabbers like to use..."common sense". Of COURSE people who want to kill as many people as quickly as possible are going to target groups of people who have advertised their utter vulnerability:

"Since at least 1950, all but two public mass shootings in America have taken place where general citizens are banned from carrying guns. In Europe, there have been no exceptions. Every mass public shooting has occurred in a gun-free zone. And Europe is no stranger to mass shootings. It has been host to three of the six worst K-12 school shootings and by far the worst mass public shooting perpetrated by a single individual."

Read more at Would-be killers target gun-free zones

Where were the two exceptions the article claims?

99% of Americans aren't going to carry guns even if you let them.

Then what is the problem. Normal people with guns, that would be almost all gun owners except for a few……don't kill people with their guns…don't want a gun, don't buy a gun, lock up people who use guns to commit crimes…..

It is really that simple.

Just remember folks; for 2aguy's stat of "over 2,000,000 times a year, guns are used to prevent violent crime" to be true, the equivalent of everyone you see in this picture:

madden-nfl-12-20110427110330947.jpg

Would have to have prevented a crime....twenty-five times each. Every Year. Not just a crime...a violent crime. Not just by locking their doors or screaming but actively with a firearm.

Last edited:
Just remember folks; for 2aguy's stat of "over 2,000,000 times a year, guns are used to prevent violent crime" to be true, the equivalent of everyone you see in this picture:

Would have to have prevented a crime....twenty-five times each. Every Year.

His whole premise is absurd, but he is in love with it nevertheless. I got tired of his nonsense, and don't go there anymore.

His whole premise is absurd, but he is in love with it nevertheless. I got tired of his nonsense, and don't go there anymore.

I recently purged my ignore list to give everyone a 2nd try. It's too early to open it back up. I hear you though.

I recently purged my ignore list to give everyone a 2nd try. It's too early to open it back up. I hear you though.

I looked my over last month, and found that four of them had been banned!

Forum List

Back