Mass. House approves Sen. Kennedy succession bill

CaféAuLait;1528739 said:
Mass. House approves Sen. Kennedy succession bill

BOSTON – The Massachusetts House of Representatives approved a bill Thursday allowing Gov. Deval Patrick to name an interim appointment to the Senate seat left vacant by the death of Edward Kennedy.

Mass. House approves Sen. Kennedy succession bill - Yahoo! News

How many times are they going to change the law to fit their needs?

As many times as it takes to ensure either a democrat can be shipped to DC by a democrat governor or to prevent a republican from being shipped to DC by a GOP governor.

I figured this was obvious by now.

It's shameless yet somehow legal.

If you want it to change move here and start voting republican in local elections.

If you want it to change move here and start voting republican in local elections.

Yeah, we'll pass on this Golden Opportunity to be helicoptered onto the Titanic after it struck the iceberg.

I find problem with it this way-- please allow me to explain. If a dem keeps being appointed by way of dems changing the law-- how is it that we know that is what the people want and not politicians?

CaféAuLait;1528761 said:

I find problem with it this way-- please allow me to explain. If a dem keeps being appointed by way of dems changing the law-- how is it that we know that is what the people want and not politicians?

They keep electing massive majorities to their state house and senate?

CaféAuLait;1528761 said:

But it seems they there is a worry-- considering there is the change-- that something may go wrong or someone may change their mind. Let the people decide-- not the politicians. I am not favoring anyone here-- I just believe that the decision should be left with the people and not have the law fiddled with each time someone sees fit or just wants to re:2004.

CaféAuLait;1528786 said:
CaféAuLait;1528761 said:

But it seems they there is a worry-- considering there is the change-- that something may go wrong or someone may change their mind. Let the people decide-- not the politicians. I am not favoring anyone here-- I just believe that the decision should be left with the people and not have the law fiddled with each time someone sees fit or just wants to re:2004.

The people will eventually decide ... in the special election.

This is all about getting the extra vote in the Senate now.

CaféAuLait;1528786 said:

i've heard Dukakis might be appointed
:lol:

CaféAuLait;1528786 said:

i've heard Dukakis might be appointed

LMAO!

For real?!

They could pretty much appoint anybody ... all that person would be required to do was vote "yea" on the healthcare bill.

Hey Dive, Obama called Kanye a jackass. That's like the sixth thing Obama has done that I agree with. you know after the fly, the special olympics comment, his citizenship, religion....

Hey Dive, Obama called Kanye a jackass. That's like the sixth thing Obama has done that I agree with. you know after the fly, the special olympics comment, his citizenship, religion....
yeah, whats that got to do with THIS thread :lol:

caféaulait;1528786 said:
but it seems they there is a worry-- considering there is the change-- that something may go wrong or someone may change their mind. Let the people decide-- not the politicians. I am not favoring anyone here-- i just believe that the decision should be left with the people and not have the law fiddled with each time someone sees fit or just wants to re:2004.

the people will eventually decide ... In the special election.

This is all about getting the extra vote in the senate now.
i've heard dukakis might be appointed

lol

Forum List

Back