Mass genocide, last 100 years, incl. Holocaust (on 6 million Jews)

Discussion in 'History' started by Micho, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,103
    Mao targeted Tibetans, Uyghurs (ask a member of either group for details, if you have the stomach for it), Christians, ethnic Koreans were singled out, the Dai people of Yunnan were targeted as well as others of China's many ethnic minorities.

That's genocide.

2. mememe

mememe BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    1. Not "deportations" but RESETTLEMENTS. For Crimean Tatars, Chechens and Ingush they were obligatory for the acts of genocide against non-Chechen/Ingush/Crimean Tatar citizens during WW2; for Poles they were VOLUNTARY.
    And yes, regarding Chechens, Ingush and Crimean Tatars Stalin demonstrated undue leniency: according to war time laws practically all males of a certain age had to be executed, instead they were simply send with their families to live in other parts of the country.
    How is that "genocide", you twat?

With Poles and West Ukrainians actively engaged in mass murders of each other during German occupation of West Ukraine, the only sensible option to stop mutual hatred was to allow Poles to leave for Poland and to allow West Ukrainians to move from Poland to West Ukraine.

2. Germans were also sent away from the front lines. Unlike US that put all of its people of Japanese ethnicity into the CONCENTRATION CAMPS just because of their ethnicity!

3. Koreans were also RESETTLED, not "deported" to other parts of the USSR to remove them from zone of continuous conflicts in the Far East.
    For comparison see example with US Japanese population.

4. Russian Orthodoxy came under repressions as part of LENIN-TROTSKY RED TERROR policy. Stalin not only stopped it, he issued a number of decrees returning the rights and the property to Russian Orthodox Church.
    Try to INVESTIGATE the issue before stomping into discussion with your patent American ignorance, you stoopido!

5. Neither of these religions came under repressions.

3. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,103

Congratulations on being able to live with yourself being an apologist shill eagerly lying and spinning on behalf of a murderous tyrant scumbag like Stalin. Be sure and rub that shit all over yourself and deep into every pore, you sub-human son of a bitch. You are not just ignorant of history, you are willfully and actively antagonistic to humanity itself.

4. Saigon

Saigon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,251
    It's a wonderful thing to watch two childish lightweights feast on each others flesh...it's like a civil war between fleas.

Except that fleas there is always the vague chance one might have heard of the Shan or the Ingushetians.

5. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,103

I can imagine how that might make someone like you feel (more) insecure.

6. Saigon

Saigon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,251
    Maybe we can get back to the topic with a BBC definition of genocide:

"It is the mass extermination of a whole group of people, an attempt to destroy an entire group and wipe them out of existence."

To my mind this patently excludes many of the events thus far listed in this thread. I think we can assume that neither Mao nor Stalin intended to wipe their own people out of existence - though this hardly excuses the numbers they did exterminate.

The BBC lists the the obvious cases from recent history:

- The mass killing of Armenians by Ottoman Turks between 1915-1920

- The Holocaust, during which more than six million Jews were killed

- Rwanda, where an estimated 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus died in the 1994 genocide

Other less clear cases ilisted by the BBC nclude:

- In Bosnia, the 1995 massacre at Srebrenica has been ruled to be genocide by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY).

- And others give a long list of what they consider cases of genocide, including the Soviet man-made famine of Ukraine (1932-33), the Indonesian invasion of East Timor (1975), and the Khmer Rouge killings in Cambodia in the 1970s.

- The International Criminal Court in 2010 issued an arrest warrant for the President of Sudan, Omar al-Bashir, on genocide charges.

BBC News - Analysis: Defining genocide

I would also highlight some very clear earlier cases:

- Australian settlers wiping out the Tasmanian aborigines (early 19th century)

- German settlers wiping out the Herero people in Namibia (early 20th century)

I also think the wholesale slaughter of Congolese people by Leopold's Belgian forces in the late 19th century must come very close to genocide.

7. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,103

Why don't you try reading some of the thread, jackass?

8. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,415
    genocide...mass murder.... who gives a flying fuck what version of semantics you want to use....

does it really matter the splinting of the hair?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Saigon

Saigon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,251
    It doesn't matter to the people who died, that's for sure!

It's just something I have become interested in because of covering Namibia, Rwanda, Nagorno-Karabakh and Cambodia. They are each so different as conflicts that I feel the need to use a different vocabulary.

I do think the question of intention is important - that the Hutu set out with the express purpose of removing Tutsi from the face of the earth is to my mind a far deeper evil than other less planned and less mechanised and orchestrated acts of mass murder such as we have seen in so many places around the world.

10. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,415

yes... the hutu/tutsi sprung to my mind to... but was in the subsequent list.

at this point.... i really dont care about the semantics of it...... its ALL mass murder.... i really dont give a shit what the "reason" is.