Masons

my dad and his dad were masons.....never told me a thing....

Why didn't you become one?

I ask, because neither of my brothers became one either.

I did find my dad's Bible from when he was "inducted" into the Masons, very interesting.

How much do you know about them? My dad was a 32 degree Mason. I just read Dan Brown (Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code ) is writing a book about them, due in the fall.

Freemasonry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am a Freemason. What do you want to know? I'll answer what I am allowed to.

Why aren't girls allowed to be Masons?

I know, we have the "Jobs Daughters" but what about being a Mason?

It goes back to the time when Masons were actually tradesmen. Women didn't do manual labor, so they weren't a part of the Masonic Guilds. Since then, Freemasonry has become a fraternity of men. It isn't anything sexist, women actually revered by Masons. The strength of the brotherhood come from a bond between men, one that unfortunately would be broken by a women. It is as simple as men don't understand women and vice versa, so if women were to be allowed to join, the bond would not be as strong. Most lodges do offer an alternative called the Eastern Star.

In history there has been one female freemason.

Elizabeth Aldworth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To better explain, once of the founding landmarks of Masonry was that no woman would ver be made a Mason. Many masons believe that regardless of their opinions of women in masonry, they can not break their obligation. For as upstanding men, their obligation is a sign of faith and what makes them upstanding in the first place. To break it would be dishonorable.

my dad and his dad were masons.....never told me a thing....

Why didn't you become one?

I ask, because neither of my brothers became one either.

I did find my dad's Bible from when he was "inducted" into the Masons, very interesting.

Same Bible that most Christians read. Mostly Freemasonry is a legacy. Father to son and so forth, Iknow very few Masons that did not know anyone that was a member before they joined.

Simply put, Freemasonry is a charitible fraternity of men. Its purpose is to take a good man and make him better.

Uncle Ferd says it's only a problem if he tryin' to join the Masonic order...
:eusa_shifty:
Pope Francis: ‘Masonic Lobbies … This Is The Most Serious Problem for Me’
August 2, 2013 – In his recent comments about homosexual clergy, Pope Francis said the problem was not a gay person of good will seeking God but a “gay lobby” pushing an agenda, adding that a political lobby or a Masonic lobby constituted “the most serious problem” for him.
On his July 28 flight from Rio to Rome, Pope Francis spoke with reporters for 80 minutes. When asked about an apparent “gay lobby” of clergy at the Vatican, the Pope said, “In these situations, it's important to distinguish between a gay person and a gay lobby, because having a lobby is never good. If a gay person is a person of good will who seeks God, who am I to judge? The Catechism of the Church explains this very beautifully. It outlines that gays should not be marginalized.” Pope Francis then said, “The problem is not having this [homosexual] orientation. No, we must be brothers and sisters. The problem is lobbying for this orientation, or lobbies of greed, political lobbies, Masonic lobbies, so many lobbies. This is the most serious problem for me. And thank you so much for this question. Thank you very much!”

Having a homosexual orientation is not the problem if the person with that tendency is doing the morally right thing and seeking to follow God’s will in accordance with Church teachings, according to the Pope. The problem is with those who push or lobby for a pro-gay agenda in the same way that lobbies may press a political issue or when Freemasons lobby their agenda. Catholics are forbidden from joining Masonic organizations and, for those who do, they are subsequently in a “state of grave sin and may not receive Holy Communion.” As Cardinal Ratzinger (Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI) explained in 1983, Masonic “principles have always been considered irreconcilable with the doctrine of the Church and therefore membership in them remains forbidden.”

The Catholic Church and numerous Popes have criticized Freemasonry since at least 1738. In his encyclical letter Humanum Genus in 1884, Pope Leo XIII said, “As Our predecessors have many times repeated, let no man think that he may for any reason whatsoever join the Masonic sect, if he values his Catholic name and his eternal salvation as he ought to value them.” In 1917, the Code of Canon Law, the law of the Church, Section 2335, said, “Those who join a Masonic sect or other societies of the same sort, which plot against the Church or against legitimate civil authority, incur ipso facto an excommunication simply reserved to the Holy See.” When the Code of Canon Law was updated in 1983, Section 1374, in place of the older 2335, said, “A person who joins an association which plots against the Church is to be punished with a just penalty; one who promotes or takes office in such an association is to be punished with an interdict.”

Because the word “Masonic” had been dropped in the 1983 code there was some confusion about whether the canon law still applied to such groups. In response, then-Cardinal Ratzinger, the future Pope Benedict XVI, issued a Declaration on Masonic Associations. Issued on Nov. 26, 1983, it states, “Therefore the Church’s negative judgment in regard to Masonic association remains unchanged since their principles have always been considered irreconcilable with the doctrine of the Church and therefore membership in them remains forbidden. The faithful who enrol in Masonic associations are in a state of grave sin and may not receive Holy Communion.” The Declaration further says, “In an audience granted to the undersigned Cardinal Prefect, the Supreme Pontiff John Paul II approved and ordered the publication of this Declaration which had been decided in an ordinary meeting of this Sacred Congregation.” At the time, Card. Ratzinger served as prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith under Pope John Paul II.

- See more at: Pope Francis: ?Masonic Lobbies ? This Is The Most Serious Problem for Me? | CNS News

Forum List

Back