Mash...

It was a great show that one can watch at any time and get it. I could always get a good laugh or tear out of it. Even now when there is nothing but crap on TV to watch I can put that on and be entertained by something good.

It cratered when Hunnicunt showed up. What a tart. And Henry Morgan.He was ok but not nearly as good as that guy from Bloomington. And that gay priest guy- pfft. Winchester was OK.

In the early days, Alan Alda got a lot of shit from the women's movement for his macho advances on the babes.. So they toned it down. Some of the early scenes between Frank and Houlihan were hilarious.

MASH got better as it replaced one dimensional characters. Trapper John, Henry Blake, Frank Burns.......replaced by BJ Honneycutt, Col Potter, and Charles Winchester III. All provided for deeper stories.

The only loss that really hurt was Radar and getting Klinger out of the dress helped. Also, Hot Lips became a better character in later seasons

Deeper stories? Nah. They just ran out of jokes. And frankly, they just weren't as funny of people. McLean Stevenson, Wayne Rodgers and Larry Linville were funnier than Harry Morgan, Mike Farrell and David Ogden Stiers.

It cratered when Hunnicunt showed up. What a tart. And Henry Morgan.He was ok but not nearly as good as that guy from Bloomington. And that gay priest guy- pfft. Winchester was OK.

In the early days, Alan Alda got a lot of shit from the women's movement for his macho advances on the babes.. So they toned it down. Some of the early scenes between Frank and Houlihan were hilarious.

MASH got better as it replaced one dimensional characters. Trapper John, Henry Blake, Frank Burns.......replaced by BJ Honneycutt, Col Potter, and Charles Winchester III. All provided for deeper stories.

The only loss that really hurt was Radar and getting Klinger out of the dress helped. Also, Hot Lips became a better character in later seasons

I am with Dr. H..sorta on Honneycutt..but I don't think it was bad as all that. Col Potter and Charles Winchester were great.

30 Rock was, in my opinion, the best sitcom produced to date.

MASH used to be but times have changed and with that change so too goes the crown.

The death of Henry Blake hurt like somebody actually struck me. I liked (after the fact) that the actors didn't know until filming.

If it makes you feel better, he didn't really die........He moved on to "Hello Larry"

Bad career choice

Deeper stories? Nah. They just ran out of jokes. And frankly, they just weren't as funny of people. McLean Stevenson, Wayne Rodgers and Larry Linville were funnier than Harry Morgan, Mike Farrell and David Ogden Stiers.

MASH moved in a different direction. The early seasons were more like the movie. Skirt chasing doctors in a hospital in Korea. Hawk eye was in a constant Groucho Marx act. Klinger milked the dress thing. Frank and Hot Lips were just comic foils with no redeeming qualities.
Later seasons centered around the horrors of war, personal relationships all mixed in with comedy.

MASH moved in a different direction. The early seasons were more like the movie. Skirt chasing doctors in a hospital in Korea. Hawk eye was in a constant Groucho Marx act. Klinger milked the dress thing. Frank and Hot Lips were just comic foils with no redeeming qualities.
Later seasons centered around the horrors of war, personal relationships all mixed in with comedy.

Yes, in ways it was deeper. It was also sappier and at times shameless thinly veiled cheap social commentary about the Vietnam War.

They simply did not have the ability to be as funny anymore. The cast was not as good and they were out of jokes.

Last edited:
Well it was supposed to be a portable military hospital I think.....

It is OK for what it is..

I actually like watching Mash when I go to sleep. That's not a joke; that's real. I can sleep easy to it. And if for some reason I can't sleep then it keeps my mind engaged.

I actually like watching Mash when I go to sleep. That's not a joke; that's real. I can sleep easy to it. And if for some reason I can't sleep then it keeps my mind engaged.

I do that same thing except to gilligans island lol. My mind races at night about every problem known to man, I put on gilligans and I'm asleep in 2 seconds. :)

You can sleep wondering how they'll ever get off that island? (or thinking about Maryanne in those shorts?).

Loved mash until Henry Blake died.

Then for me it slowly went down hill and became progressively more preachy

Hated BJ, Didn't care overly for Potter, However, Charles Emmerson Winchester the III had his moments. Though I did miss old Ferret Face.

Forum List

Back