Masculinity on the Decline

Compost

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2015
Has traditional masculinity gone out of style? Personally, I hope it makes a comeback.

Masculinity is on the decline in the United States, especially within the younger generation. See Pajama Boy, male millennial who swears he gets his period, and the rise of the male feminist as evidence.

Now, a recent survey conducted by YouGov in mid-May seems to confirm the same. The survey asked American men to rate their own masculinity on a scale from 0 to 6; 0 being “completely masculine” and 6 being “completely feminine.” The results showed major differences between generations and their own perceived masculinity.

continued here
Poll: Only 30 Percent of Young Men Identify As Completely ‘Masculine’

There has been a war on men for quite some time. We have gone from "Father Knows Best" to "The Simpsons." The reason, in my opinion, is that woman can't be made stronger so in order to have equality men must be made weaker.

Doesn't help that if a man asserts his masculinity they are condemned as being a caveman.

Seeing how men have been resoundingly responsible for the greater part of social ills throughout history, a thorough revision of what being human and male is seems more than overdue. That may or may not have anything to do with 'masculinity'.
The man who has doubts about his masculinity should look into it.

There has been a war on men for quite some time. We have gone from "Father Knows Best" to "The Simpsons." The reason, in my opinion, is that woman can't be made stronger so in order to have equality men must be made weaker.

Doesn't help that if a man asserts his masculinity they are condemned as being a caveman.
I think you are right. Sad, isn't it? The price of "equality" as morphed many men into wimps.

I think you are right. Sad, isn't it? The price of "equality" as morphed many men into wimps.

Some men, maybe a lot of men.

Seeing how men have been resoundingly responsible for the greater part of social ills throughout history, a thorough revision of what being human and male is more than overdue. That may or may not have anything to do with 'masculinity'.
The man who has doubts about his masculinity should look into it.
First you say men have cause most social ills, then you say it may or may not have anything to do with masculinity. Your last line says nothing. Could you expand on your remarks, please?

Has traditional masculinity gone out of style? Personally, I hope it makes a comeback.

Masculinity is on the decline in the United States, especially within the younger generation. See Pajama Boy, male millennial who swears he gets his period, and the rise of the male feminist as evidence.

Now, a recent survey conducted by YouGov in mid-May seems to confirm the same. The survey asked American men to rate their own masculinity on a scale from 0 to 6; 0 being “completely masculine” and 6 being “completely feminine.” The results showed major differences between generations and their own perceived masculinity.

continued here
When you have people like Carlos Danger, it is the only way a liberal pansy ass man can compete.
Anthony Weiner sexting scandals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
American politician Anthony Weiner, former member of the United States House of Representatives from New York City, has been involved in two sexual scandals related to sexting, or sending explicit sexual material by cell phone. The first, sometimes dubbed Weinergate, led to his resignation as a congressman in 2011.

How many REAL MEN does it take to change a light bulb?

Zero(0), REAL MEN are not afraid of the dark.

How many liberal men does it take to change a light bulb?
Zero(0) as liberal men don't change a light bulb but allow 11 million illegal aliens into the country to do it.

barack-obama-raul-castro-.jpeg

Speak for yourselves. This old lib is 72 years old, and preparing for another 12 hour day as a millwright in a steel mill. In the meantime, I see you fellows as the kind that takes a couple of days off for a paper cut. All flap yap, no real substance. You talk about masculinity, and have no idea of what that is.

from Wikipedia:
"Masculinity (also called boyhood, manliness or manhood) is a set of attributes, behaviors and roles generally associated with boys and men. Masculinity is socially constructed, but made up of both socially-defined and biologically-created factors, distinct from the definition of the male biological sex. Both men and women can exhibit masculine traits and behavior. Those exhibiting both masculine and feminine characteristics are considered androgynous, and feminist philosophers have argued that gender ambiguity may blur gender classification.

Masculine traits include courage, independence and assertiveness. These traits vary by location and context, and are influenced by social and cultural factors. An overemphasis on masculinity and power, often associated with a disregard for consequences and responsibility, is known as machismo."

Being a man is a human condition and has inherent existential consequences..
Masculinity is much more of a relative term and superficial compared with the deeper meaning of being a human.

So most, not all, military men are conservative. We go out every day knowing that at some point it could be the last time we see our family. Yet you say we take days off for a paper cut. You bitch how you have to work a 12 hour day, and boo hoo for you, while many of US had to deal with 16 hours a day, sometimes less if some insurgent decided to lob a few RPG's. Yep you liberals really know US quite well, and because of US, you can sit in your cushy job worrying that you might get splinter and then get 30 days off for disability. Don't mess with REAL MEN bub, since we have been at war, with those who wish to kill US, I will get down and dirty and throw insults right back at your liberal sorry ass.

Last edited:

continued here

Interesting. Explains why Millennial "men" intimidate so easily around completely masculine males.

not trolling, just a serious question

So do you consider this manly?

Is this a manly example?
Belgische_Bisschoppen.jpg

20131004_burke_vestments_final.jpg

Is this a manly example?

Centuries old ceremonial garb

Not even in the equation

continued here

Define masculine.

What's un-masculine about "The Simpsons"?

Is this a manly example?

Yes. A man committing himself to God is manly. Thanks for popping in with your daily "serious" question about Catholics, guno.

continued here

Define masculine.
It's good question. You have to wonder if men who do not see themselves as masculine have a different definition of it. I am female so I can't take the poll. I define masculinity in the traditional way. Including but not limited to these examples. Masculine men act, they don't sit around and complain. Masculine men protect the less strong.

Forum List

Back