Maryland to ban password demands from job interviews

Maryland password bill would ban employers from Facebook - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

Glad to see this. An employer has no business demanding this kind of invasion of privacy.

Sure they do, if a company can decide to hire you based upon whether you smoke or not, who you vote for or not, then seeing what you have to say on a public forum doesnt violate the intent.

Personally I think this is a good thing. However addressing one possible injustice and not addressing the others is just a feel good exercise for elections.

I'd laugh in their face, if any employer asked me for mine. Why not also ask for the password to your email, your online banking, etc... It's none of their damn business.

If I were still in the game my application would have a question on "social networking". If they ticked Twatter, Farcebook or My Space(cadet), the application heads straight to the trash. I try to never hire complete fucking morons.

I feel we've won a great victory for the one or 2 people stupid enough to hand over their passwords!

Maybe we can pass a law requiring these same two idiots to leave their wallets home when they travel out of their homes?

I'd laugh in their face, if any employer asked me for mine. Why not also ask for the password to your email, your online banking, etc... It's none of their damn business.

They ask for your social security number don't that......:tongue:

But i agree.... i would laugh in their face too.

Good. What I say to my friends on my own time is no one's business but mine.

I'm sure the neo-fascists will disagree.

If I were still in the game my application would have a question on "social networking". If they ticked Twatter, Farcebook or My Space(cadet), the application heads straight to the trash. I try to never hire complete fucking morons.

Are you stating you're a twat?

They ask for your social security number don't that......:tongue:

But i agree.... i would laugh in their face too.

They have a purpose when asking for that, not for my personal passwords.

I wouldn't work for a company that would demnd such a thing from me. As for a 'down economy', I live in an area where the economy is still fairly good and jobs, at least professional ones, are fairly abundant.

To demand?? No.... To ask.. yeah..

They would have the freedom to ask just as you would have the freedom to refuse and search elsewhere for a job if it offends you

I have gone thru many a background check and had to give the OK every time... if I did not want the background check, I could have delivered pizzas

Maryland password bill would ban employers from Facebook - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

Glad to see this. An employer has no business demanding this kind of invasion of privacy.

i agree, they have zero right to demand passwords.

However that should not stop an employer from researching your facebook page.

They can't research very much if you require people to be a 'friend' first before anything is exposed.

Yup.

Forum List

Back