Mary, virgin mother of Jesus? Better hope not

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
If Mary WAS a virgin, then Jesus has no direct ancestry to King David and wasn't the Messiah. Rut-roh.

" (2) We find the genealogy of Jesus provided by the Gospels confusing. Who was Jesus’ paternal grandfather? (We notice that Matthew says that his grandfather was Jacob, but Luke says it was Heli). Also, we notice that Matthew declares that Jesus was separated from King David by only twenty-eight generations, but Luke’s list shows a forty-three generation separation. What does this contradiction mean?

(3) The genealogical line linking Jesus and King David seems to pass through Jesus’ father. But since Jesus was the product of a virgin conception, then he does not share in his father’s Davidic ancestry. How is Jesus a descendent of David?"

The Catholic Church s Response to Our Critique of Christian Credibility - Lawrence Kelemen Permission To Receive

Catholic Church's reply and explanation to the above problems at link. Would post here, but a)there's a lot, b)easier to read on the site

The whole virgin birth thing is kinda silly. Isn't it just another of those things this isn't considered literal truth? Or, that believers just kinda gloss over?

The whole virgin birth thing is kinda silly. Isn't it just another of those things this isn't considered literal truth? Or, that believers just kinda gloss over?
Yes, of course it is not realistic, just myth. But I question why anyone wants to make a big issue of that belief. In one thread, the OP is wanting to discuss that Jesus was mentally ill. In another he wants to discuss the issue of the virgin birth. What's the problem? Why such a focus on these beliefs? Why do you care, OP? Making an issue of these things is as silly as believing there really was a virgin birth. Get a life.

What do you have against Christianity?
I find it humorous that so many Jews, Muslims and Atheists(I can understand the atheists), spend huge amounts of time trying to disprove Christianity, instead of trying to re-prove their own religion, or learning more about their own religion.

I think they are scared of the fact, that they missed their Messiah, and they(the Jews) had Him crucified. I feel much more sorry for the Muslims, due to the fact, that they have just been mislead, where the Jews chose to ignore.

Maybe Mary got artificially inseminated by extraterrestrials using sperm that contained the DNA of someone from David's bloodline but was genetically altered to make Jesus extraordinary.

If Mary WAS a virgin, then Jesus has no direct ancestry to King David and wasn't the Messiah. Rut-roh.

" (2) We find the genealogy of Jesus provided by the Gospels confusing. Who was Jesus’ paternal grandfather? (We notice that Matthew says that his grandfather was Jacob, but Luke says it was Heli). Also, we notice that Matthew declares that Jesus was separated from King David by only twenty-eight generations, but Luke’s list shows a forty-three generation separation. What does this contradiction mean?

(3) The genealogical line linking Jesus and King David seems to pass through Jesus’ father. But since Jesus was the product of a virgin conception, then he does not share in his father’s Davidic ancestry. How is Jesus a descendent of David?"

The Catholic Church s Response to Our Critique of Christian Credibility - Lawrence Kelemen Permission To Receive

Catholic Church's reply and explanation to the above problems at link. Would post here, but a)there's a lot, b)easier to read on the site
So, I guess by your reasoning, that when a Jew adopts a child, that child is treated as a leper, and not given any love or respect, that they might give a natural born child.

That's good info to know, thanks Delta, you just showed the Jews have no heart for their adopted children. I wonder if they use them as slaves?

Yes, of course it is not realistic, just myth. But I question why anyone wants to make a big issue of that belief. In one thread, the OP is wanting to discuss that Jesus was mentally ill. In another he wants to discuss the issue of the virgin birth. What's the problem? Why such a focus on these beliefs? Why do you care, OP? Making an issue of these things is as silly as believing there really was a virgin birth. Get a life.

It's a thing because the whole of Christianity crumbles to dust when it's demonstrated Jesus wasn't the Messiah. Duh.

I asked because I'm often surprised that biblical myths are believed as literal fact.

Why do both believers and non-believers feel they must constantly attack the other side? I've said it before -- Believe what you wish and you're welcome to it, but don't try to cram it down my throat. Religion belongs in the special, tax-free buildings the devout have been given. I won't go into a church and preach my beliefs and I expect the same from believers.

OTOH, constantly questioning the beliefs of others is pretty much the purpose of this forum.

So, I guess by your reasoning, that when a Jew adopts a child, that child is treated as a leper, and not given any love or respect, that they might give a natural born child.

That's good info to know, thanks Delta, you just showed the Jews have no heart for their adopted children. I wonder if they use them as slaves?

You really think lying helps your side?

Especially such nasty lies?

:trolls:

I asked because I'm often surprised that biblical myths are believed as literal fact.

Why do both believers and non-believers feel they must constantly attack the other side? I've said it before -- Believe what you wish and you're welcome to it, but don't try to cram it down my throat. Religion belongs in the special, tax-free buildings the devout have been given. I won't go into a church and preach my beliefs and I expect the same from believers.

OTOH, constantly questioning the beliefs of others is pretty much the purpose of this forum.

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - Andre Gide

Too often people of faith, perhaps to avoid unpleasant confrontations, state their beliefs as facts instead of opinions or beliefs. Well, if they get to do that, I get to challenge they're supposed facts. And if they really believe it they should be ready to defend them. What I'm noticing though most of the time, is they can't and instead choose to hurt insults. If I were a kiss and tell type, boy do I have some venom from Jer' in a private message. :)

" (2) We find the genealogy of Jesus provided by the Gospels confusing. Who was Jesus’ paternal grandfather? (We notice that Matthew says that his grandfather was Jacob, but Luke says it was Heli).
????....Mary was also from the tribe of Judah.....Heli was HER paternal grandfather.....

I find that unbelievers do not want truth they love their sins far more than truth and dream and hope there is no GOD but the knowledge of God is programed into human DNA AND THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AND LIFE IS PROOF THAT God IS God!!!

Gism, if you always wear the same perfume anyone with a nose that works will smell you coming from a mile away.

Forum List

Back