Mary Jo White Must Fire Urban Meyer Or College Football is Destroyed

King Dean

Rookie
Jul 24, 2018
The evidence is overwhelming. Urban Meyer had Zach Smith on his staff for almost a decade and Urban Meyer's wife was well aware that a member of Urban Meyer's staff, Zach Smith, was continuously abusing her. Urban encouraged Earle Bruce (Urban's lifelong mentor and grandfather of Zach Smith) and Hiram de Fries to exert pressure on Courtney Smith to drop the charges. The fact that Urban has allowed this to drag out shows he cares only about himself and his reputation and not the victim of this abuse by a member of his staff so Urban should really step down and if somehow Ohio State weasels their way out of this then the NCAA football league as well as the Big Ten will have destroyed it's credibility and will have made a proclamation that they do not care about women being assaulted. Mary Jo White, this is a no-brainer, he must be fired.

College football will be destroyed? Exaggerate much?

There are records, if I am not mistaken, that Meyer reported it to the AD.

Yeah so where are they? Also, this Ohio State Program has some pretty disturbing issues going on with it besides Urban Meyer. They had a diving coach supposedly molesting children. I don't want to get off point here though. Urban Meyer had Zach Smith on his staff at Florida and knew he was abusive then and still brought him to Ohio State and I can see Ohio State and their fans are trying to put their heads in the sand here but if you do some more research into what was going on with Urban Meyer and his staff, you'd realize he should without a doubt be fired.

The credibility of large college football programs like Ohio State will be and this is just one among many where fan bases will ignore victims of violence, rape, and assault because they idolize a sport more than the rights of women or any human beings. It really isn't an exaggeration. If Urban Meyer keeps his job then College football is FUCKED,

Yeah so where are they? Also, this Ohio State Program has some pretty disturbing issues going on with it besides Urban Meyer. They had a diving coach supposedly molesting children. I don't want to get off point here though. Urban Meyer had Zach Smith on his staff at Florida and knew he was abusive then and still brought him to Ohio State and I can see Ohio State and their fans are trying to put their heads in the sand here but if you do some more research into what was going on with Urban Meyer and his staff, you'd realize he should without a doubt be fired.

And if all you say is true, the Ohio State football team will have a new coaching staff this fall. They have a lot of talent on the team and will probably still do fairly well. It is easy to attract top coaching talent to a top program. And despite the failings of some coaches (if all your accusations are true) OSU is still a top program.

So the Buckeyes have a disappointing season or two. Do you think that will destroy college football?

The credibility of large college football programs like Ohio State will be and this is just one among many where fan bases will ignore victims of violence, rape, and assault because they idolize a sport more than the rights of women or any human beings. It really isn't an exaggeration. If Urban Meyer keeps his job then College football is FUCKED,

If all your accusations are true, then Ohio State will be fucked for a while. But Clemson will not be fucked. Alabama will not be fucked. Notre Dame will not be fucked. You exaggerate who will be effected. There are 129 teams in the NCAA FBS Division. At the very worst, this will effect one of them. Unless there are other programs with coaches involved in domestic abuse, it will effect no one but Ohio State.

And if all you say is true, the Ohio State football team will have a new coaching staff this fall. They have a lot of talent on the team and will probably still do fairly well. It is easy to attract top coaching talent to a top program. And despite the failings of some coaches (if all your accusations are true) OSU is still a top program.

So the Buckeyes have a disappointing season or two. Do you think that will destroy college football?
If Urban Meyer is no longer coaching then college football will still have credibility because it will be the OHIO STATE University declaring that they are not willing to pretend Urban Meyer didn't carry around Zach Smith for all these years with the knowledge that his coach was beating up his wife/ex wife. There's more to it as well. Zach Smith brought home a woman member of Meyers staff to supposedly "give her a safe place to sleep." That woman and Smith remained on Meyers staff for years after. I cannot remember the name of the woman but I believe it is a woman in the Ohio State athletic department.

You really think Urban Meyer's wife never once mentioned to him that Zach Smith was abusing Courtney Smith. They have the text messages on record. So apparently Urban Meyer's wife just kept it to herself. Come on. You know Urban knew about it. He's lying right now. It's obvious.

If all your accusations are true, then Ohio State will be fucked for a while. But Clemson will not be fucked. Alabama will not be fucked. Notre Dame will not be fucked. You exaggerate who will be effected. There are 129 teams in the NCAA FBS Division. At the very worst, this will effect one of them. Unless there are other programs with coaches involved in domestic abuse, it will effect no one but Ohio State.
I'm saying the credibility of NCAA football will be destroyed if Urban Meyer is allowed to continue to coach. It'd be an embarrassment to the Big Ten and an embarrassment to football in general.

I love football. I do not want this to happen but I got a feeling Ohio State is going to attempt to pull something and that would lead to a boycott of Big Ten Football. Heed my warning.

If Urban Meyer is no longer coaching then college football will still have credibility because it will be the OHIO STATE University declaring that they are not willing to pretend Urban Meyer didn't carry around Zach Smith for all these years with the knowledge that his coach was beating up his wife/ex wife. There's more to it as well. Zach Smith brought home a woman member of Meyers staff to supposedly "give her a safe place to sleep." That woman and Smith remained on Meyers staff for years after. I cannot remember the name of the woman but I believe it is a woman in the Ohio State athletic department.

Once again, in the title of this thread you claimed that unless Meyer is fired college football will be destroyed.

In post #5 you stated "If Urban Meyer keeps his job then College football is FUCKED". Then all you do is talk about what has happened at Ohio State. If anything, other teams will get recruits and transfers from Ohio State. So it will actually help some other teams.

You are still exaggerating.

I'm saying the credibility of NCAA football will be destroyed if Urban Meyer is allowed to continue to coach. It'd be an embarrassment to the Big Ten and an embarrassment to football in general.

What happened at one school does not embarrass another. If everything you say is true, no other school is embarrassed.

I'm sorry, but college football is not going to be destroyed. So don't get your hopes up that your hatred of the sport will be vindicated.

Once again, in the title of this thread you claimed that unless Meyer is fired college football will be destroyed.

In post #5 you stated "If Urban Meyer keeps his job then College football is FUCKED". Then all you do is talk about what has happened at Ohio State. If anything, other teams will get recruits and transfers from Ohio State. So it will actually help some other teams.

Okay, so what's your point? I stand by that. Urban Meyer is the coach at Ohio State and this is happening at Ohio State. You are saying I am saying "college football will be destroyed if he is fired" and that is not what I am saying.

I love football. I do not want this to happen but I got a feeling Ohio State is going to attempt to pull something and that would lead to a boycott of Big Ten Football. Heed my warning.

Why would anyone boycott Michigan football because of what is happening at Ohio State?

Answer? They won't. No one at Michigan (or Michigan State or Wisconsin or Iowa State ect) had anything to do with the accusations against Ohio State. The scandal at Penn State did not effect any other school. The scandal at BYU did not effect any other school. Why would a scandal at Ohio State effect any other school?

What happened at one school does not embarrass another. If everything you say is true, no other school is embarrassed.

I'm sorry, but college football is not going to be destroyed. So don't get your hopes up that your hatred of the sport will be vindicated.
I do not have hatred of the sport at all. I have pure love for the sport. I can guarantee you I know more about football than you do and I can guarantee you I had more sacks on my varsity football team. It has nothing to do with my hatred of anything but everything to do with my annoyance of people who lie and Urban Meyer is lying.

Yep.

As much as I would like to see the demise of the OU football program -- being a Hawkeye fan :biggrin: -- this doesn't hold water. He did what was required of him and now it is up to the University to do the right thing. As for an end to College Football, it's a ludicrous statement.

All I can really say is, "Die Tide!!" :funnyface:

I do not have hatred of the sport at all. I have pure love for the sport. I can guarantee you I know more about football than you do and I can guarantee you I had more sacks on my varsity football team. It has nothing to do with my hatred of anything but everything to do with my annoyance of people who lie and Urban Meyer is lying.
You've had more sacks on your varsity team? Is that admission of being a slut?

LOL

Relax, I"m just kidding...:lmao:

Yep.

As much as I would like to see the demise of the OU football program -- being a Hawkeye fan :biggrin: -- this doesn't hold water. He did what was required of him and now it is up to the University to do the right thing. As for an end to College Football, it's a ludicrous statement.

Okay everyone well I made a headline to get peoples attention. The end of College Football won't be because of Urban Meyer it will be because of the violence of the sport and the dangers of CTE for the players later on in life unless head health is taken extremely seriously really soon.

Yep.

Okay everyone well I made a headline to get peoples attention. The end of College Football won't be because of Urban Meyer it will be because of the violence of the sport and the dangers of CTE for the players later on in life unless head health is taken extremely seriously really soon.
Could be. It is the wussification of America and it continues apace.

Forum List

Back