Martin: "Time for Obama to go 'gangsta' on GOP"

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Time for Obama to go 'gangsta' on GOP

By Roland S. Martin, CNN Political Analyst
February 10, 2010 5:02 p.m. EST

Obama's critics keep blasting him for Chicago-style politics. So, fine. Channel your inner Al Capone and go gangsta against your foes. Let 'em know that if they aren't with you, they are against you, and will pay the price.

Time for Obama to go 'gangsta' on GOP - CNN.com

What would this kind of headline and article tell our children is perfectly okay? Gansta life is for the president? WTF?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL9ihXiFAko]YouTube - Geto Boys - Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta[/ame]

In other words, might as well be hung for a sheep instead of a lamb.

The thing, he tried that. He got punked. Now it is too late to go the other way.

CaféAuLait;1997061 said:
Time for Obama to go 'gangsta' on GOP

By Roland S. Martin, CNN Political Analyst
February 10, 2010 5:02 p.m. EST

Obama's critics keep blasting him for Chicago-style politics. So, fine. Channel your inner Al Capone and go gangsta against your foes. Let 'em know that if they aren't with you, they are against you, and will pay the price.

Time for Obama to go 'gangsta' on GOP - CNN.com

What would this kind of headline and article tell our children is perfectly okay? Gansta life is for the president? WTF?

Your children read CNN? Also "Chicago-style politics" used frequently even here, the author clearly used it satirically. .

Last edited:
Also I agree with the article. Sick of Obama trying to play it nice, time to show pubs middle finger and push agenda aggressively without bullshit bipartisanship.

Also I agree with the article. Sick of Obama trying to play it nice, time to show pubs middle finger and push agenda aggressively without bullshit bipartisanship.

PLEASE do so, we need a landslide change in November.

You'll get it unless things change radically and shit starts being crammed down gop throats.

if Obama was any kind of a leader articles like this one would never be written.....

No sure if it is about Obama leadership. I read it more like GOP is a bunch of ideological assholes and playing nice with them isn't effective.

You'll get it unless things change radically and shit starts being crammed down gop throats.

dont you get it .....people dont like having things crammed down their throats.....and i dont care how liberal you are or how conservative you are......if Obama was a "leader",which he isnt,he would have a good deal of this country,no matter your political persuasion,either on board with him OR at least willing to give him the benifit of the doubt,and go with him.....the Far Right will probably never back the guy,that is a given.....but Obama is only leading those who happen to agree with him....and that aint going to make the machine run smoothly.....he is a bad Captain at this point in time anyways....

dont you get it .....people dont like having things crammed down their throats.....and i dont care how liberal you are or how conservative you are......if Obama was a "leader",which he isnt,he would have a good deal of this country,no matter your political persuasion,either on board with him OR at least willing to give him the benifit of the doubt,and go with him.....the Far Right will probably never back the guy,that is a given.....but Obama is only leading those who happen to agree with him....and that aint going to make the machine run smoothly.....he is a bad Captain at this point in time anyways....
you are forgetting about chris and old rocks.

if Obama was any kind of a leader articles like this one would never be written.....

No sure if it is about Obama leadership. I read it more like GOP is a bunch of ideological assholes and playing nice with them isn't effective.

Are you mentally defective? In the House it takes 218 votes to pass a bill, the Democrats have 257 members. In the Senate it takes 51 to pass a bill, they have 59 and until just a week ago had 60.

The Republicans are not blocking ANYTHING. They can not.

Are you mentally defective? In the House it takes 218 votes to pass a bill, the Democrats have 257 members. In the Senate it takes 51 to pass a bill, they have 59 and until just a week ago had 60.

Are you completely ignorant as to how the system works? Having a majority doesn't guarantee success. Voting along party lines exists in GOP mostly.

Are you completely ignorant as to how the system works? Having a majority doesn't guarantee success. Voting along party lines exists in GOP mostly.

but having a SUPER-MAJORITY would.

I agree with you, he isn't very good at getting things done. What I admired about Bush is his ability to push the agenda, I wish Obama was little bit like Bush in this plan.

its all about leadership Kex.....i was willing to listen to this guy,but as time went on i felt he was looking past me and just talking to all of those people who are on the same page as him.....the message i was getting was if you want me to pay attention to you,give me your support on the issues i am pushing....."what if i dont agree with your issues"?.....TOUGH SHIT.....i never got that feeling from any other President....Obama just cant seem to deal with people not liking what he wants....this is where the leadership is supposed to come in.......much of this attitude i blame on Pelosi and Reid....the "i know whats good for you,and you dont,so shut up and deal with it" syndrome....

Um, the last year proves it to be wrong. We had that for the last year, so what? The only major lefty thing that was passed was stimulus.

Um, the last year proves it to be wrong. We had that for the last year, so what? The only major lefty thing that was passed was stimulus.

ok. I think the point Gunny was making is that if all the dems had supported bills like the public option, etc, it would have passed. the republicans had virtually no power when it came to bills. They do now, though.

its all about leadership Kex.....i was willing to listen to this guy,but as time went on i felt he was looking past me and just talking to all of those people who are on the same page as him.....the message i was getting was if you want me to pay attention to you,give me your support on the issues i am pushing....."what if i dont agree with your issues"?.....TOUGH SHIT.....i never got that feeling from any other President....Obama just cant seem to deal with people not liking what he wants....this is where the leadership is supposed to come in.......much of this attitude i blame on Pelosi and Reid....the "i know whats good for you,and you dont,so shut up and deal with it" syndrome....
Yeah ok and even in Stimulus bill we get crap like 1/3 of it being tax cuts, not listening my ass.

ok. I think the point Gunny was making is that if all the dems had supported bills like the public option, etc, it would have passed. the republicans had virtually no power when it came to bills. They do now, though.

And my point was that regardless of party anyone can vote however the hell they want. Thus we get people like Lieberman.

Forum List

Back