MARTIN: No sign of fight

Martin funeral director: No signs of fight on body - CBS News
Would the victim have some injury from beating the Zimmerman senseless? There are more photos of Zimmerman in this story; no sign of injury still.

CBS News) SANFORD, Florida - The defense of George Zimmerman rests on a violent fight that he said occurred before he fired the shot that killed Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman is neighborhood watch volunteer at the center of the case. It was almost five weeks that Martin, the unarmed 17-year-old, was killed after Zimmerman found him suspicious. We don't know what happened immediately immediately before the shot was fired. CBS News correspondent Mark Strassman has new evidence in the case.

Trayvon Martin was buried in Miami with a gunshot wound to his chest. But otherwise, according to Richard Kurtz, the funeral director who prepared Martin for burial, his body showed no injuries.

"We could see no physical signs like there had been a scuffle [or] there had been a fight," he said. "The hands -- I didn't see any knuckles, bruises or what have you. And that is something we would have covered up if it would have been there."
Makes sense to me if it is as the witnesses said: Martin was the aggressor administering the beating. Except for the gunshot wound, it sounds like he was unharmed.

Maybe we can get the Funeral Director's forensic notes investigating the incident too.

:rolleyes:

What was he administering the "beating" with? His mind?

So if I understand the story, Martin viciously beat the guy, had him on the ground slamming his head into the ground but then he allowed Zimmerman to get up so that Zimm could shot him in the chest?

Strange behavior for a perp who was intent on giving somebody a beating.

New witness on Anderson Cooper last night that saw the two fighting, in the grass, not on the sidewalk. Saw Zimmerman get up and walk away after the shooting, in fact walked past the witness. Said Zimmerman had no injuries.

New witness on Anderson Cooper last night that saw the two fighting, in the grass, not on the sidewalk. Saw Zimmerman get up and walk away after the shooting, in fact walked past the witness. Said Zimmerman had no injuries.

And when did this witness come forward, before this event became nationalized or after?
If that is the case I was there and saw the whole thing. Where is the media.

I think the time line is something like 7:12 when the 911 call comes in to 7:51 where Zimmerman arrives at the police station. It happened pretty quickly. The "fight" was about a minute long..after which..and almost immediately..the police were on the scene. So it was incredibly brief. If there were a fight..which by the way..Zimmerman instigated by playing copper without credentials or authority to do so..it was never life threatening.

So if I understand the story, Martin viciously beat the guy, had him on the ground slamming his head into the ground but then he allowed Zimmerman to get up so that Zimm could shot him in the chest?

Strange behavior for a perp who was intent on giving somebody a beating.

Zimmerman could have shot him while he was on the ground. Or the firearm could have discharged when they both were fighting over it. The only way anyone would know that if they lifted trayvons finger prints off the firearm.

I think the time line is something like 7:12 when the 911 call comes in to 7:51 where Zimmerman arrives at the police station. It happened pretty quickly. The "fight" was about a minute long..after which..and almost immediately..the police were on the scene. So it was incredibly brief. If there were a fight..which by the way..Zimmerman instigated by playing copper without credentials or authority to do so..it was never life threatening.

1. Zimmerman calls 911 says he lives in a community that has some recent break ins
2. He says he saw a suspicious guy maybe a black male walking around looking at homes.
2. while talking with the dispatcher he says the guy is acting strange, and starting looking his way. and started walking his way.
5. Zimmerman at this time leaves his vehicle
6. Trayvon runs away.
7. Dispatchers ask if Zimmerman is following the black male, Zimmerman says yes they say you don't have to do that He acknowledge's that with OK.
8. Zimmerman talks about meeting with the police at a certain location
9. It is at this time in my opinion while Zimmerman is heading back to his vehicle Trayvon walks up to Zimmerman and ask Zimmerman if he had a problem.
10. Zimmerman says no and at that time in my opinion Trayvon becomes the aggressor.
11. In the struggle Zimmerman said that Trayvon went for Zimmerman's gun.
Now why would Zimmerman shoot Trayvon if he knew the police were in route unless Trayvon did attack Zimmerman?

I could speculate and give you some opinions why Trayvon went to hit Zimmerman and tried to take his gun, But no doubt it would be my opinion.

I agree.

1. Zimmerman calls 911 says he lives in a community that has some recent break ins
2. He says he saw a suspicious guy maybe a black male walking around looking at homes.
2. while talking with the dispatcher he says the guy is acting strange, and starting looking his way. and started walking his way.
6. Trayvon runs away.
7. Dispatchers ask if Zimmerman is following the black male, Zimmerman says yes they say you don't have to do that He acknowledge's that with OK.
9. It is at this time in my opinion while Zimmerman is heading back to his vehicle Trayvon walks up to Zimmerman and ask Zimmerman if he had a problem.
10. Zimmerman says no and at that time in my opinion Trayvon becomes the aggressor.
Now why would Zimmerman shoot Trayvon if he knew the police were in route unless Trayvon did attack Zimmerman?

I could speculate and give you some opinions why Trayvon went to hit Zimmerman and tried to take his gun, But no doubt it would be my opinion.

What you are failing to see..that even if you are completely correct..Zimmerman was completely in the wrong. It was Zimmerman that menanced Martin. What's completely wrong with the Stand Your Ground law..is that it gives the impression that the "Castle Doctrine" extends to public spaces. Both Martin and Zimmerman had every legal right to be where they were. Zimmerman acted in a manner that toward Martin that would give a normal person the sense they were in a hostile situation against a person seeking to do them harm. Any action that Martin took was in defense of his own life. Any action Zimmerman took was quite the opposite.

6. Trayvon runs away.

What you are failing to see..that even if you are completely correct..Zimmerman was completely in the wrong. It was Zimmerman that menanced Martin. What's completely wrong with the Stand Your Ground law..is that it gives the impression that the "Castle Doctrine" extends to public spaces. Both Martin and Zimmerman had every legal right to be where they were. Zimmerman acted in a manner that toward Martin that would give a normal person the sense they were in a hostile situation against a person seeking to do them harm. Any action that Martin took was in defense of his own life. Any action Zimmerman took was quite the opposite.

Did Martin have a right to be in that area?
At the time it was undetermined
Did Zimmerman know who Martin was did Zimmerman have a right to ask Zimmerman who he was?
No that's why he wanted to find out who he was. And yes Zimmerman had a right to ask Martin who he was and where he was going.
Your argument helps criminals. Now because of this people will stop watching their neighbor's homes in fear something like this will happen to them.

Any action that Martin took was in defense of his own life. Any action Zimmerman took was quite the opposite.
According to Zimmerman Martin ran away, Martin was fleeing for his life in Martins mind, it wasn't until Martin returned to face Zimmerman that it escalated. That was Martins fault if he was so fearful why did he return to where Zimmerman was at since Zimmerman knew the cops were in route and went back to his vehicle to wait for them.

What's completely wrong with the Stand Your Ground law..is that it gives the impression that the "Castle Doctrine" extends to public spaces.

It does not give the impression it does in fact give a person the right to defend themselves anywhere they feel threaten.

(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

Martin ran away but came back making him the aggressor

Last edited:
Zimmerman did not fight back while the victim was beating him to the extent he feared for his life?

No - :cuckoo: - I'm saying that there will be no bruising on Trayvon Martin's body because his heart stopped to suddenly after hitting & being hit.

I think the funeral director wanted to get five minutes of fame.

Time to malign the Funeral Director. By the time you guys give it up, you will have thrown half of Florida under the bus. :lol::lol::lol:

Looks like CBS finally has another setting it can launch a CSI from....

CSI: Funeral Home.

One hit does not cause bruising.

Apparently you've never been in a fist fight ever in your life. A single hit will indeed cause bruising on your hands, pretty much instantly, if you hit someone hard enough to break their nose. But that's hard to do when you attack someone from behind. Care to offer something consistent?

Yup being impartial again, all the evidence points to Zimmerman telling the truth, BUT you are going to go with a mortician.

No, Zimmerman's story is inconsistent. He was attacked from behind and knocked down with one hit, but that one hit broke his nose. Knocked down from behind, but ended up on his back. The physical evidence is not consistent with so brutal of an attack as Zimmerman would have us believe. He should have been much more severely injured.

Martin had absolutely no reason what so ever to fear for his life just because Zimmerman was trying to ask him what he was doing there. Martin had absolutely no right to hit Zimmerman unless Zimmerman struck him first. I am taller & more buff than Zimmerman & I have never seen anyone run away from me when I approached them unless they were up to something. If Martin was going to "Stand His Ground" he would have stopped right where he was & found out what Zimmerman wanted.

No - :cuckoo: - I'm saying that there will be no bruising on Trayvon Martin's body because his heart stopped to suddenly after hitting & being hit.

I think the funeral director wanted to get five minutes of fame.

Time to malign the Funeral Director. By the time you guys give it up, you will have thrown half of Florida under the bus. :lol::lol::lol:

And when SA Corey makes a decision, the other half will pay the price, WHICHEVER way she goes with the matter.

Forum List

Back