Martin Luther was probably insane

What's interesting about the great Protestant leaders, and Mohammed, and Joseph Smith, and Jim Jones, and Charlie Manson, is they all have one thing in common.

They were, personally, very horrible people.

I'm not so sure about all of them. Jim Jones and Manson were cult nuts.

I wouldn't put Mohammed and Smith in that same category.

But it brings up interesting questions. For example...the Catholic Church. In it's early history...it could have had it's seat in Ireland, a nation where women had rights, power and respect as lawmakers, judges and religious leaders. But it went to Rome and the results were a systemic disenfranchisment of women.
Women do alright in the Catholic faith. At least half of our saints are women, and none of them were the oppressed victims you seem to think.

Women lost the right to become religious leaders for one.

What's interesting about the great Protestant leaders, and Mohammed, and Joseph Smith, and Jim Jones, and Charlie Manson, is they all have one thing in common.

But it brings up interesting questions. For example...the Catholic Church. In it's early history...it could have had it's seat in Ireland, a nation where women had rights, power and respect as lawmakers, judges and religious leaders. But it went to Rome and the results were a systemic disenfranchisment of women.
Women do alright in the Catholic faith. At least half of our saints are women, and none of them were the oppressed victims you seem to think.

No, they didn't. Women always had the option of starting their own religion, making themselves priests and bishops, and electing one of their own as Pope. They didn't.

Mary is Queen of Heaven, and she is in charge of all the other saints and angels, second only to God himself.

Queen? Theres so much man made heirachy in the Catholic church. Seems like it could choke out the true message and fruitfulness.
BTW, there is no perfect church. Its up top each church to see if Christ has been locked out, if the people are lukewarm.
All are guilty of man made traditions.

No, they didn't. Women always had the option of starting their own religion, making themselves priests and bishops, and electing one of their own as Pope. They didn't.
No. That was NOT an option in the ancient world. They would have been executed for heresy.

I am personally acquainted with Mary. We almost ran into her on my last flight to Aruba....

the-flying-nun-1350102349_b.jpg

Forum List

Back