Martin Luther King

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Martin Luther King - Biography

At the age of thirty-five, Martin Luther King, Jr., was the youngest man to have received the Nobel Peace Prize. When notified of his selection, he announced that he would turn over the prize money of $54,123 to the furtherance of the civil rights movement.

Thank you.

On the one hand, if he were alive, he might be a little PO'ed that everyone seems to be ignoring his holiday this year.

On the other hand, given the reason why everyone is distracted, I don't think he'd mind.

I don't think he would mind one bit.................

Think of the strength and courage he had to do what he did. And also thanks to the people that carried on his message after his death. Like Voltaire said:

"...the safest course is to do nothing against one's conscience. With this secret, we can enjoy life and have no fear from death.
"

I don't think he would mind one bit.................

Think of the strength and courage he had to do what he did. And also thanks to the people that carried on his message after his death. Like Voltaire said:

"...the safest course is to do nothing against one's conscience. With this secret, we can enjoy life and have no fear from death.
"

it's, um, 2009, you know? so tomorrow would be jan 20, 2009
just sayin
:eusa_whistle:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
- MLK

Nothing rings more true than that. MLK didn't say hate whitey like many of the Black Movement activist of today aka Farahkan, Jackson, Sharpton and New Black Panther Movement. He preached togetherness and colorblindness! He was a great man!

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

- (Unrelated as in he did not say this about MLK but soldiers) George S. Patton

MLK Jr. was one of this country's greatest Americans ever.

MLK. Jr's last speech (night before his death):

[youtube]o0FiCxZKuv8[/youtube]

Sadly, I think he knew it was coming. He knew J. Edgar Hoover or some other racist nut would want to try something eventually.

Some other interesting videos:

MLK. Jr reaction to JFK Assassination:

[youtube]k5WYW8SBQk8[/youtube]

RFK speech the day MLK. Jr died:

[youtube]gigsZH5HlJA[/youtube]

Thanks to RFK, Indy was one of the few major cities that night that didn't have riots.

Last edited:
the resemblance is uncanny.
i'm gonna call groenig and demand reparations.

You should, don't let them keep the white man down! :clap2:

As Americans, we take nothing from nobody!

$americans.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back