Martin Luther King Jr. –The Great Hypocrite

Because he repented of his evil ways and worked the rest of his life to make restitution, becoming one of the true friends of black Americans.

In contrast, Mr. Dixiecrat Strom Thurmond merely changed parties to the GOP and father an illegitimate black daughter that he never publicly acknowledged.

Leaving aside the predictable and dishonest denial by the left of the racist history and character of the democrat party...

So, do you far lefties give President Bush his due credit for what he did for black people (among others, of course)? Surely the "moral" argument is strong there.

Btw, MLK Jr was a great (if flawed, like all the rest of us) American who is more than worthy of rememberance and honor. From time to time, imperfect people become conduits for glimpses of the larger truth that we, as mere mortals, cannot grasp in its entirety.

Or that the southern GOP senators and republicans voted against the Civil Rights Act in even greater percentages than did the Democratic southern senators and representatives.

Or that Robert Byrd repented of his evil racist ways and worked to become a great friend to blacks.

Last edited:
Or that Dixiecrat Strom Thurmond merely changed to the GOP, never changed his ways, and fathered a black daughter he never publicly acknowledged.

Because he repented of his evil ways and worked the rest of his life to make restitution, becoming one of the true friends of black Americans.

In contrast, Mr. Dixiecrat Strom Thurmond merely changed parties to the GOP and father an illegitimate black daughter that he never publicly acknowledged.
Really? Byrd repented? Then why did he continue to subscribe to KKK newsletters until he died? BTW, it's ROBERT Byrd, not Richard Byrd. You should really try doing some research on your own instead of regurgitating the propaganda fed to you by your masters in the Democratic Party. They tell you what you want to hear, that the deck is stacked against you because of racism, and that you need THEM to make sure you're treated fairly, because you can't make it on your own. So you take the check and you give them your vote. No risk, no reward, just a lifetime of dependency. Pretty close to slavery.

Really? Byrd repented? Then why did he continue to subscribe to KKK newsletters until he died? BTW, it's ROBERT Byrd, not Richard Byrd. You should really try doing some research on your own instead of regurgitating the propaganda fed to you by your masters in the Democratic Party. They tell you what you want to hear, that the deck is stacked against you because of racism, and that you need THEM to make sure you're treated fairly, because you can't make it on your own. So you take the check and you give them your vote. No risk, no reward, just a lifetime of dependency. Pretty close to slavery.

You continue to make unfounded smears and allegations, S. J. You are right, it is Robert: I was checking to see if you were reading. :lol: Your attack was unfounded and you have ignored my comments on Thurmond. Or "Or that the southern GOP senators and republicans voted against the Civil Rights Act in even greater percentages than did the Democratic southern senators and representatives."

You are simply one of the low information voters of whom Rush talks on his show.

You continue to make unfounded smears and allegations, S. J. You are right, it is Robert: I was checking to see if you were reading. :lol: Your attack was unfounded and you have ignored my comments on Thurmond. Or "Or that the southern GOP senators and republicans voted against the Civil Rights Act in even greater percentages than did the Democratic southern senators and representatives."

You are simply one of the low information voters of whom Rush talks on his show.
I'll give you time to research this, since you don't know your history very well. Here's the question: Who led the filibuster to stop the 1964 Civil Rights Act from being voted on? Here's another question: Who BROKE the filibuster?

You are shifting the goal posts since you have lost on Byrd, Thurmond, Goldwater, and the southern GOP senators and democrats who voted in higher percentages than their southern democratic colleagues against the Civil Rights and Voting Rights acts.

Your error (you are not very good at this) is that you see it as a Party matter when it was in fact a Geographical matter: northern and western GOP and Democratic legislators voted overwhelming for the Civil Rights and Voting Rights acts. Senator Everett Dirksen, GOP Senate minority leader, did the right thing although Senator Barry Goldwater voted against the Civil Rights Act: sad, huh?

Stay with me, S. J., and I will get you through this.

WHY don't YOU do some legitimate research, cuz you are just spreading lies....you may not know it, but that's what you are doing SJ.

WHY don't YOU do some legitimate research, cuz you are just spreading lies....you may not know it, but that's what you are doing SJ.
Yeah? Then prove me wrong.

Seeing how blacks are 5 times per capita more likely to kill. Was ending segergation really a good thing for whites?

Let's be honest.

I agree that blacks deserve to be free within their own socieites, but until they can charge that culture. How does it benefit whites to be walking ours?

Am I racist. YES. I'm racist for wanting to live in a first world nation of low crime and values. If that makes me a racist you bet your ass I'm.

I get sick of seeing our cities turned into slums
I get sick of them destroying our educational standards
I get sick of seeing their young men not care.
I get sick seeing the double standard.

WHY? I'm judging them by the standard MLK set out.

Last edited:
You are shifting the goal posts since you have lost on Byrd, Thurmond, Goldwater, and the southern GOP senators and democrats who voted in higher percentages than their southern democratic colleagues against the Civil Rights and Voting Rights acts.

Your error (you are not very good at this) is that you see it as a Party matter when it was in fact a Geographical matter: northern and western GOP and Democratic legislators voted overwhelming for the Civil Rights and Voting Rights acts. Senator Everett Dirksen, GOP Senate minority leader, did the right thing although Senator Barry Goldwater voted against the Civil Rights Act: sad, huh?

Stay with me, S. J., and I will get you through this.
Robert Byrd (a Democrat) LED the filibuster to stop the Civil Rights Act, and you can't defend that, so you try to change the subject to attacking the Republicans. Let's stick to the subject, and that is that Democrats have blacks enslaved. They didn't want them freed in the first place. It was Northern conservatives that fought and died for their freedom. After the first Republican president freed them, the Democrats kept them ignorant so they would have to work for "slave wages". After the Civil Rights Act, blacks didn't participate in the voting process so the Democrats started enticing them with welfare. Today, blacks make more money collecting government benefits than they could make working at a job. It was just a matter of how much money they would have to give them to make them go out and vote. So, how much do you collect from the taxpayers, Jake?

It was a white Republican (Abraham Lincoln) who freed the slaves. It was a white Republican (Everett Dirksen) who broke the Democrat's filibuster to pass the 1964 Civil Rights Act to make blacks equal in society and end segregation. Republicans have always supported blacks more than Democrats. The outwardly racist politicians have all been Democrats. So why do blacks vote Democrat 99% of the time? HANDOUTS. Making Whitey pay for their house, car, food, etc. is more important than their self-esteem and integrity. They traded the chains of slavery for the chains of welfare and dependency. They're still slaves to the white man. Democrats give them handouts and blacks vote for them in return. Is this what MLK wanted for his people?

If Black people tend to vote "Democrat" they have good reason to do so. It means they took notice of the migration of Southern White Democrats to the Republican Party back during the CIvil Rights Era. Experience taught them that these Neo-Republicans still adhere to the old Southern Strategies agenda and their brand of "conservatism" is little more than a euphemism for racism, genderism and bigotry. Do you get it? I've had just about enough of your distortions and omissions fellow.

It was a white Republican (Abraham Lincoln) who freed the slaves. It was a white Republican (Everett Dirksen) who broke the Democrat's filibuster to pass the 1964 Civil Rights Act to make blacks equal in society and end segregation. Republicans have always supported blacks more than Democrats. The outwardly racist politicians have all been Democrats. So why do blacks vote Democrat 99% of the time? HANDOUTS. Making Whitey pay for their house, car, food, etc. is more important than their self-esteem and integrity. They traded the chains of slavery for the chains of welfare and dependency. They're still slaves to the white man. Democrats give them handouts and blacks vote for them in return. Is this what MLK wanted for his people?

If Black people tend to vote "Democrat" they have good reason to do so. It means they took notice of the migration of Southern White Democrats to the Republican Party back during the CIvil Rights Era. Experience taught them that these Neo-Republicans still adhere to the old Southern Strategies agenda and their brand of "conservatism" is little more than a euphemism for racism, genderism and bigotry. Do you get it? I've had just about enough of your distortions and omissions fellow.
It means they chose to take the easy road and let the government support them at everyone else's expense. There's no way out of that reality, fellow. It's all about them giving money for votes and you know it.

Yes....he saved our country

We came out of WWII as the worlds greatest military and economic power. But we were not a great moral power. Any nation that openly allows some of it's citizens to maintain the status as second rate citizens is not a moral power. Any nation that denies citizens the right to vote, to access public facilities, to get fair and equal access to our courts is not a moral power

Martin Luther King saved us from ourselves. He is a great American Patriot who fought for our freedom

oy vey

what a crock

Very true...Martin Luther King saved us

How would you react if someone spit on your daughter?
How about if someone blew up your church?
How about if you were beaten and arrested for protesting?

Would you fight back? blow up one of their churches?

Would you consider second amendment solutions?

Martin Luther King taught peaceful protest

He saved us

yep,

black people are all saints.

You can look at the black on white crime rate to see just that

Leaving aside the predictable and dishonest denial by the left of the racist history and character of the democrat party...

So, do you far lefties give President Bush his due credit for what he did for black people (among others, of course)? Surely the "moral" argument is strong there.

I give George Bush a lot of credit for what he did in Africa. By some accounts, he saved a million lives.
Strangely, his own party never embraced it or took credit

MLK was a womanizing drunk.

So was Benjamin Franklin
Thomas Jefferson was a rapist

Doesn't deflect from the fact that they were great American Patriots

Just like Martin Luther King is

Forum List

Back