Martin Bashir kicked out of MSNBC

I'm sure Bashir had some kind of "Play or Pay" contract that allows him to get paid even after they take him off the air for a while.

Those provisions are pretty standard for contracted performers. But they don't always work. It didn't for Lee Rodgers when he was pulled off the air in San Fran. The case wasn't resolved before he died this past summer and I'm hoping his family will keep the suit going. He was owed over four months salary for the unexpired portion of his contract.

Meanwhile, Bashir would have been OPENLY fired if MSNBC wasn't run by ball-free eunuchs. But is wasn't and won't be in the foreseeable future.

Oh please.

For those of us who actually understand these things, what's actually standard is that if talent leaves the air of his own volition (as in Henry's fantasy), the two parties contractually agree that he won't go work for one of their competitors for (commonly) six months or whatever term is agreed to - the idea is squashing the opportunity to cash in on whatever market value his former employer's air slot gave him. If Bashir pops up somewhere else in a similar position sooner than that, you'll know that wasn't done. OTOH if he doesn't, it won't tell us anything.

I doubt anyone wants to hire him anyway -- which is all the more indication that he was fired; you don't voluntarily quit your job at the nadir of your value. That would be stupid.

Last edited:
Oh please.

For those of us who actually understand these things, what's actually standard is that if talent leaves the air of his own volition (as in Henry's fantasy), the two parties contractually agree that he won't go work for one of their competitors for (commonly) six months or whatever term is agreed to - the idea is squashing the opportunity to cash in on whatever market value his former employer's air slot gave him. If Bashir pops up somewhere else in a similar position sooner than that, you'll know that wasn't done. OTOH if he doesn't, it won't tell us anything.

Wow!

An incantation that it meant to grow balls where there are none.

That's what happens when you don't have the balls to stand behind what you say. And spouting nonsense doesn't help.

MSNBC has lost 45% of it's viewers since last November. :eusa_boohoo:

I thought it was FOXNews the liberals said was going down, and Hannity and Limbaugh were going to be virtually finished? Out of 100's of markets.

Instead it's MSNBC that's losing viewership? Who would of thought?

Last edited:
MSNBC has lost 45% of it's viewers since last November. :eusa_boohoo:

I thought it was FOXNews the liberals said was going down, and Hannity and Limbaugh were going to be virtually finished? Out of 100's of markets.

Instead it's MSNBC that's losing viewership? Who would of thought?

The only viewers still watching MSNBC are hateful extremist nutters. It is what it is.

Bashir would have been fired if anybody at MSNBC had the balls to do it. They convinced him (nice payout, maybe?) to "resign" to cover their spavined asses.

The last 10 years of my Iron worker career, was spent roughridin a crew of 10 to 12 tough, hardnosed, hardworking MEN, so if PMSNBC needs somebody to grab em and toss em out the door, I'm available!!:evil::lol:

When are they gonna fire Ed Schultz?

They demoted him to the weekend with Lock Up, but changed their minds and brought him back to put a little more hate in the comedy line up...

msnbcclowns02.gif

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/283713-msnbc-ed-schultz-mr-ed-being-replaced.html

Schultz is right up there with Matthews, both are not worth the time of day, because neither could be honest about it.

Forum List

Back