Martha Stewart Convicted of All Counts

:clap: :clap1: :clap:

It is people like her that give us a bad name in the corporate world.

Jail Living with Martha Stewart

This weeks episode: Turning those dull baloney sandwiches into superb register vent heated sandwiches.

And apple sauce fermented brandy.

she's 62...wow. ANY prison time she gets will seriously interfere with the rest of her life - perhaps only 20 years of which remains...

I don't mean to be morbid - what are the chances she commits suicide prior to going to prison?

I was thinking the same thing, she's not going to be able to hack prison unless they send her to one of them plush prisons for white collar crimes because she would be a prize shank for some lifer dyke.

now if they can jsut convict micheal jackson the world would be a better place:clap1:

I just can't celebrate. In law school, a professor got me hostile to the whole idea of "insider trading" or the idea that you can really effectively clamp down on it --- or want to. Plus, Martha was a scapegoat because of who she was. She was a dynamic and successful woman, the best, but she was brought down by peasant jealousy.

I do not know Martha Stewart, do not wish to know her. I do not watch her television shows, buy her magazine or watch a movie made about her. I do not purchase her bedspreads or her cookbooks.

Yes she is sucessful but not clever.

Originally posted by William Joyce
She was a dynamic and successful woman, the best, but she was brought down by peasant jealousy.

Nope, she was brought down by 12 citizens of the USA who didn't believe her lies and listened to the facts. She is a criminal and she will spend time where she belongs.

And here she is in her future outfit!! love the colors!!!!!

I doubt she will commit suicide- most women who can handle having a career are WAY too strong for that. She's not some shrinking violet cowering in the corner. She'll make the best of it just like she always does.

I, personally, do not believe she did anything wrong.

Are they now going to arrest and convict every jackass that gets stopped for speeding and answers the cops question of "Do you know why I stopped you?" with "No"??? Of course not. How bogus. The only good thing is that she can appeal and that the worst count was already thrown out.

For all you celebrating, think of the hundreds upon hundreds of good people who could be out of work if her company fails. Gee, let's pop the champagne.

obviously the jury sees it differently. yes the most serious one was tossed out. and of course shes going to deny charges that are brought against her. anyone would.

Celebrating, no, laughing, yes - sorry, you do the crime, do the time. She did wrong, and that's all there is to that. For someone who is this big business woman who can handle things, not so, she was already on suicide watch! she cried to her ex-husband and told him how she couldn't handle it all.

There is a big difference between a traffic violation and what she did! Just like the hotel queen, don't recall her name, another one, she did wrong, and off to jail she went.

First of all, her company is too lucrative to not be sold, so I seriously doubt anyone will lose their jobs. Second, she committed a crime, and should be punished for that.

Originally posted by Johnney
obviously the jury sees it differently. yes the most serious one was tossed out. and of course shes going to deny charges that are brought against her. anyone would.
Well, that's what she just got convicted of!

Her company is somewhat precarious at the moment. The spin off from Time Warner was costly and she controls everything. Yes, I think that they will continue. However, I do not think that they will be as good as before. With change of management comes unemployment too. Just ask all the former employees of any company which undergoes a change of leadership!

And, Leona Helmsley is who I believe you are referring to, Janeen. Having spent 15 years in the real estate field in NYC I can honestly say she's not the first, last or even the worst offender. Funny, she's one of the few women though.

Amazing how the only two cases I can remember were against women. Something smells here.

Forum List

Back