Marsha Blackburn: "Save the Incandescent Lightbulb!"

Those were excuses to overlook the historic value. At least in my neighborhood which has been designated historic. This is a green play. Another ignorant green play.
I contacted my local government about it and they said it was a power company decision. I contacted the power company and they said it was a local government decision. You do the math.

Sorry, but old, crappy, dim streetlights with poor part availability and weak reliability have no "historic value", except if you donate them to a museum.
You said museum and that is essentially the point. Historical value.
Not to mention what you call dim is an appreciated ambience for some and that apparently is beyond you.
^ a Bulbist has lost it :cuckoo:

Those were excuses to overlook the historic value. At least in my neighborhood which has been designated historic. This is a green play. Another ignorant green play.
I contacted my local government about it and they said it was a power company decision. I contacted the power company and they said it was a local government decision. You do the math.

Sorry, but old, crappy, dim streetlights with poor part availability and weak reliability have no "historic value", except if you donate them to a museum.
You said museum and that is essentially the point. Historical value.
Not to mention what you call dim is an appreciated ambience for some and that apparently is beyond you.
^ a Bulbist has lost it :cuckoo:
No, you just don't have it.

What the hell does "American music" have to do with streetlights? Are you drunk?
Do you like American music?

Some of it. What the hell does "American music" have to do with streetlights?
American music owes its sound to the advent of electric guitar. The sound generated by magnetic pickups through vacuum tubes saturated with current is responsible for almost all of American music to this day. Vacuum tubes require way more current than solid state circuitry but only tubes provide the artist with the sound and response he is looking for. Techs have created solid state amps that mimic tube sound without requiring nearly the same amount of current but to the guitarist it isn't the same sound and reaction. That's why to this day guitarists demand tube amps and they are still in production.
If the AGW extremists were to be consistent they'd call for the obsolescence and outlawing of vacuum tubes.
Those with the ear for tubes are the same as those with the eye for incandescent lights.

Forum List

Back