Married with Children > Seinfeld

Andrew2382

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2008
Yeah, sorry to break it to ya geeks

The Bundy's would kick the shit out of that pansy Jerry, fat prick George, ugly dyke Elaine, and moron Kramer...any day of the week!

Yeah...i went there

Yes they would.

Undoubtable.

But the humor of the show doesn't stand up to the test of time.

Sienfelds does.

Yes they would.

Undoubtable.

Sienfelds does.

I disagree...you can always catch married with children on TV still, and other then the simpsons it was one of the longest running sitcoms of all time

11 seasons

more then seinfeld

I like seinfeld too btw

I just find that I laugh a lot more with Married with Children

I actually don't think either show stands up that well... I think the Bundy's are a boy thing... my husband loved Married With Children.

I think the sitcoms that hold up best are The Odd Couple and Mary Tyler Moore because the don't have the political or particularly current references from their time.

Hogan's Heros is still pretty funny, too. And my son loves The Munsters and The Addams Family.

Yes they would.

Undoubtable.

Sienfelds does.

I disagree...you can always catch married with children on TV still, and other then the simpsons it was one of the longest running sitcoms of all time

11 seasons

more then seinfeld

I like seinfeld too btw

When MWC first came out I really thought it was hilarious.

It ws the first shock comedy in my opinion.

But now that there's so many shock comedies (South Park and Family guy tow examples) it no longer has that edgy feeling.

Sienfeld, in my opinion, isn't dependent on the value system of the time to get an edge.

What it keeps messing with is HUMAN NATURE and that never changes.

Just my opinion, of course.

In matters of taste everyone is their OWN expert.

I actually don't think either show stands up that well... I think the Bundy's are a boy thing... my husband loved Married With Children.

I think you are right here...even tho a lot of females love that show..it's definately more of the man comedy

Man goes to work...wife does nothing but watch tv and spend his money

Daughter is the dumb tramp...son is the horny school kid

Peg: Did you miss me Al?
Al: With every bullet so far Peg.

Peg- Why don't you ever take me to the dancing
Al- Whats the point, you would just find you way back home
lmao

Yes they would.

Undoubtable.

Sienfelds does.

11 seasons

more then seinfeld

I like seinfeld too btw

When MWC first came out I really thought it was hilarious.

It ws the first shock comedy in my opinion.

But now that there's so many shock comedies (South Park and Family guy tow examples) it no longer has that edgy feeling.

Sienfeld, in my opinion, isn't dependent on the value system of the time to get an edge.

What it keeps messing with is HUMAN NATURE and that never changes.

Just my opinion, of course.

In matters of taste everyone is their OWN expert.

of course, theres no question

to each their own :)

I don't like either of them. Family Ties, Family Matters, those were sitcoms that were funny and endearing. Nothing endearing about Married with Children or Seinfeld, though I will say, Seinfeld did end appropriately, those four losers deserved to go to jail.

I don't like either of them. Family Ties, Family Matters, those were sitcoms that were funny and endearing. Nothing endearing about Married with Children or Seinfeld, though I will say, Seinfeld did end appropriately, those four losers deserved to go to jail.

lol family matters?

Let me guess Full House was on eof the funniest sitcoms too?

lol family matters?

Let me guess Full House was on eof the funniest sitcoms too?

Urkel made the show, and it was a FAMILY show. You could sit and watch it with little kids. Full House was okay, but it didn't have the quality of Family Matters or Family Ties, it just wasn't as funny and was much too sugary sweet.

Yes they would.

Undoubtable.

Sienfelds does.

11 seasons

more then seinfeld

I like seinfeld too btw

I disagree too. I probably laughed more and harder watching MWC than any other sitcom that's ever been on. I thought it was hilarious. I still watch it when ever I see it's on, and it's as good now as it was then.

I like the old Hogan's Heros too Jill, and the Beverly Hillbillys, Green Acres, Peticoat Junction, I Dream of Jeanie, The Munsters... I wish they still had sitcoms like those in syndication.

The Bundy's would kick the shit out of that pansy Jerry, fat prick George, ugly dyke Elaine, and moron Kramer...any day of the week!

Yeah...i went there

I'm generally not a big fan of sitcoms but Married with Children was to die for. I probably liked it because it was so not PC.

One of the best scenes is where the kids are fighting over several pieces of M&M's that their mom serves for dinner. Oh, Christina Applegate was such eye candy in those days. Whatever happened to David Faustino (Bud)? He was quite a talent. I can't wait to see Katey Sagal back on Sons of Anarchy.

Yeah...i went there

I'm generally not a big fan of sitcoms but Married with Children was to die for. I probably liked it because it was so not PC.

One of the best scenes is where the kids are fighting over several pieces of M&M's that their mom serves for dinner. Oh, Christina Applegate was such eye candy in those days. Whatever happened to David Faustino (Bud)? He was quite a talent. I can't wait to see Katey Sagal back on Sons of Anarchy.

lmao

yeah they had great characters

I loved when bud was Grandmaster B

Steven Rhodes the original neighbor and then Jefferson was a fantastic replacement also. First time a show ever replaced such a main person with great effect I thought.

Yeah, M&M's and Tang!

Go to that seinfeild thread I posted a funny video of Married with children

I also loved the episode whe the sky diving santa wentoff course and landed and died in their backyard...LMAO

All the neighborhood kidas came

I remember one line

Knock knock

Al- O WHAT NOW....Did the easter bunny hang himself in my front yard...does an elf have a knife in his back!

and when he dresses up as Santa he is talking to all the kids

Al- What do you want little Jessica
Jessica- A PONY!
Al- A pony huh...you're mother is the one who makes the apple pie for everyone in the neighborhood except th enice bundies huh...I'll tell you what..I'll give youa pony but if it's not there xmas morning it means your mom took it out back and shot it

lmao

the best show ever

Yeah...i went there

lmao

yeah they had great characters

I loved when bud was Grandmaster B

Steven Rhodes the original neighbor and then Jefferson was a fantastic replacement also. First time a show ever replaced such a main person with great effect I thought.

Yeah, M&M's and Tang!

Go to that seinfeild thread I posted a funny video of Married with children

While I dislike both Married with Children and Seinfeld, I will agree that the Bundy's could kick Seinfeld and friends asses any day.

I agree with Edi on this one.

I loved MWC, laughed my ass off at every episode. But watching it now doesn't really do much for me. I've seen every Seinfeld episode probably at least 5 times now and they still crack me up.

As for old sitcoms that still hold up there's really only two IMO: All in the Family and The Honeymooners.

Forum List

Back